Mirror

Everything Is Interpretation

26 posts in this topic

There is no real reality out there other than what you think it is and how you interpret it, everyone can interpret the same thing diffrently and think something entirely else about it 

2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Everything Is Interpretation

Does reality have to interpret itself in order to exist?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

And to experience itself by infinite number of Interpretations 

19 minutes ago, Mirror said:

And to experience itself by infinite number of Interpretations 

Isn't that simply reality existing as itself?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The interpretation is not the interpreted. So don't take people's interpretations too seriously. Think for yourself.

2 hours ago, Mirror said:

There is no real reality out there other than what you think it is and how you interpret it, everyone can interpret the same thing diffrently and think something entirely else about it 

That's right!

It's something and it's simultaneously nothing.

What a trip right?

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

If there is no real reality out there, then there also is not an "it" that you're interpreting, there only is interpreting. The noumena Kant is talking about is not something, it is interpreting interpreting itself. 

I've received legit abuse and insults for stating everything is subjective. People can't grasp the idea that just because two creatures say "there is an apple" it doesn't necessarily mean they are both seeing or feeling the same thing.

It's to do with learned language applied to symbols.

If an alien sees circles as we would see squares, and is in the same classroom as a human, when the teacher holds up the circle for the first time either has ever seen such a thing and says "this is a circle", both human and alien would forever agree "there is a circle" when seeing the same symbol, despite wildly different subjective perception.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:17 PM, Mirror said:

If everything is interpretation, then there is real reality out there, regardless of what you think and interpret, and no one can interpret differently or think anything otherwise. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Isn't what you said an interpretation as well OP?

Relativism taken to the extreme folds in on itself. (I still enjoy it :D )

1 hour ago, BlueOak said:

Isn't what you said an interpretation as well OP?

Relativism taken to the extreme folds in on itself. (I still enjoy it :D )

It doesn't in regards to what objects are. An "apple" can appear 10000000000 different ways. Everything seeing the apple will say "yup there's an apple" because everyone has been taught X symbol = an apple, regardless of how the apple is actually being seen.

Most obviously with colors. But it extends to every element of form. ALL form is subjective.

@Mirror it's a very shocking epiphany is it not? 

and if you should stop imagining reality altogether it goes poof :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The real case no matter what their interpretation is its still going to be the same reality all together with people’s interpretation about it, people die, their interpretations go away but reality remains. 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

6 hours ago, Focus said:

The real case no matter what their interpretation is its still going to be the same reality all together with people’s interpretation about it, people die, their interpretations go away but reality remains. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

17 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

It doesn't in regards to what objects are. An "apple" can appear 10000000000 different ways. Everything seeing the apple will say "yup there's an apple" because everyone has been taught X symbol = an apple, regardless of how the apple is actually being seen.

Most obviously with colors. But it extends to every element of form. ALL form is subjective.

Yes. This would be your relative or subjective view on the nature of apples. I would see them by type for example, that would be my relative or subjective view of an apple. I categorize and label for ease of reference. This opinion and post I am giving you now, its phrasing and structure is my relative view of your post. 

Relativism for me is the outward version of self inquiry.

1 hour ago, BlueOak said:

Yes. This would be your relative or subjective view on the nature of apples. I would see them by type for example, that would be my relative or subjective view of an apple. I categorize and label for ease of reference. This opinion and post I am giving you now, its phrasing and structure is my relative view of your post. 

Relativism for me is the outward version of self inquiry.

Have you considered the actual form of the apple though? The round red thing? And considered THAT is 100% subjective.

19 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Have you considered the actual form of the apple though? The round red thing? And considered THAT is 100% subjective.

Correct..its even crazier than that...there is no objective reality.  There is no apple other than you imagining it right now.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

20 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Somewhat. Its not quite as mallable as I think you are making out. There are certain physical properties that can be easily demonstrated in front of someone. I had the benefit of doing a year or so in optics so vision being subjective was assumed from an early age. 

Now you are going to answer that measurements are subjective, yes but anything that can be physically demonstrated is what frames reality and makes a useful thing to form objective beliefs around.

*If you need an objective physical property of an apple, drop it into your hand, you and everyone else capable of touch will feel its solid not liquid.

Edited by BlueOak

@BlueOak Usefulness has no bearing on truth; properties aren't physical objects but descriptors of how the allegedly real object behaves. None prove the object is actually externally real.

The object isn't really out there, that is the important part.