SQAAD

Will i ever live the same life again

31 posts in this topic

@Ananta

6 hours ago, Ananta said:

If you think of yourself as a Me, mine, ego-self, then consciousness is identified as a finite, individual with a karma and then rebirth will eventually happen to continue on with experience. 

If liberated, then consciousness doesn't identify with the body/mind finite self at death and has awakened and is no longer identified with the body/mind. It no longer needs to be reborn to experience and karma/vasanas for that individual dissolves. 

Yes but that enlightened person would still be reborn. I don't think you can stop rebirth. Some say Buddha achieved the end of all rebirths but i don't buy that. 

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Ananta

Yes but that enlightened person would still be reborn. I don't think you can stop rebirth. Some say Buddha achieved the end of all rebirths but i don't buy that. 

Ahhh, you got me! ?

From the perspective of the jiva(person/ego), moksha applies only to the present incarnation. From the perspective of the self (though actually the self has no perspective due to its impersonality), moksha is its nature and, thus the whole issue is a moot point.

The reason Vedanta says that self-knowledge ends the cycle of birth and death is because through self-inquiry, the truth of one’s eternal nature is revealed. And the virtue of gaining such knowledge is that it ends the jiva’s suffering within the context of the present incarnation.

Cheers 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta

1 minute ago, Ananta said:

Ahhh, you got me! ?

From the perspective of the jiva(person/ego), moksha applies only to the present incarnation. From the perspective of the self (though actually the self has no perspective due to its impersonality), moksha is its nature and, thus the whole issue is a moot point.

The reason Vedanta says that self-knowledge ends the cycle of birth and death is because through self-inquiry, the truth of one’s eternal nature is revealed. And the virtue of gaining such knowledge is that it ends the jiva’s suffering within the context of the present incarnation.

Cheers 

Interesting!! 

@Ananta

3 minutes ago, Ananta said:

From the perspective of the self (though actually the self has no perspective due to its impersonality), moksha is its nature and, thus the whole issue is a moot point.

What do you mean that the Self has no perspective? Can you elaborate please? 

I thought the Self was all possible perspectives.. 

3 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Ananta

What do you mean that the Self has no perspective? Can you elaborate please? 

I thought the Self was all possible perspectives.. 

In Vedanta the Self is attributeless and Isvara (God) is the Self with attributes. 

So, above I was saying the attributeless Self (awareness) has no perspective per se.

When the Self comes under the power of Maya (ignorance), such as when identified as being a human, then it most definitely has a perspective, lol. As it plays hide and seek with itself.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@SQAAD

Soooo, the great cosmic joke has been revealed! ?

A Jnani is only free for this current life. Meaning, the cycle of birth and death doesn't really end, because it's awareness (with attributes/God) that keeps pumping out jivas and so long as that continues there will be "identification" with the mind/ego that is slated for the next body as it grows and develops after birth.

It all does seem alittle pointless (Moksha), freedom from experience, if that knowledge is just for this lifetime. 

Then again, all we are dealing with right now is this lifetime...

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Would you want to?

Nobody here can say yes or no to what's going to happen next with certainty. That's sort of the point.

there is only the present, now. everything else is illusion. your self half an hour ago is an illusion of your mind, the same as your future self. the same as your past life self, the same as your reincarnated self. Same as the others selfs. they all collapse into the now, the real, the existence. the rest is infinite illusion, without substance. does not exist. 

On 1/12/2022 at 5:24 AM, Loba said:

This has been in my direct experience during awakenings and mystical experiences.

Could you please elaborate more on your direct experience?

On 1/12/2022 at 5:42 AM, Ananta said:

Grooves = Samskaras (mental impressions/psychological imprints) and vasanas = Desires which influence  behaviour of a person.

These create our individual characters and strongly influences our thoughts and actions.

Our character, thoughts, psyche emerges from our DNA, experiences, parents, society and etc. DNA comes from our parents. So where is the reincarnation?

On 1/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, SQAAD said:

Will i ever live this particular life again?? Or is it just once? Or is it an infinite number of times?? 

In thought there is a ‘liver of lives’, and perception is veiled. 

I have heard that everything exists simultaneously. Past,present and future. But this is not my experience. 

My experience is that times flows only in one direction. Only forward. 

In thought there is time, and perception is veiled. 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, SQAAD said:

What would be the actual difference between a liberated person dying and an asleep person dying?? 

In thought there are liberated people, life & death, awake & asleep, and perception is veiled. 

In thought there is perception, and the truth is veiled

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

In thought there is a ‘liver of lives’, and perception is veiled. 

In thought there is time, and perception is veiled. 

In thought there are liberated people, life & death, awake & asleep, and perception is veiled. 

In thought there is perception, and the truth is veiled

I disagree. In actuality there is time. I define time as the movement of the universe. Time is not just a thought. 

Also many thoughts represent actual things.