SQAAD

Will i ever live the same life again

31 posts in this topic

Will i ever live this particular life again?? Or is it just once? Or is it an infinite number of times?? 

I have heard that everything exists simultaneously. Past,present and future. But this is not my experience. 

My experience is that times flows only in one direction. Only forward. 

Shunyamurti has said that the reason we get dejavu is because we have lived the same life an infinite number of times. 

Edited by SQAAD

Sadghuru said that this Universe has been created 84 times, it will die out and recreate itself another 42 times or something. I don't know where these numbers come from, but my guess is that you will experience this exact life a few times again, yeah.

5 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

Sadghuru said that this Universe has been created 84 times, it will die out and recreate itself another 42 times or something. I don't know where these numbers come from, but my guess is that you will experience this exact life a few times again, yeah.

no he said this is the 84th universe (different from the previous universes)

The 112th universe according to him will be a purely nonphysical universe

Essentially you are suggesting that no matter what you do you will end up back here. However, all actions take you further away from here. 

To repeat this life forever would mean that you are eternal.

If this is the case then when you reach body death you would have to preform the same actions you just did. Why would you do this? 

35 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Will i ever live this particular life again?? Or is it just once?

No, if liberation hasn't happened, then once the gross body dies, then the subtle body (and mental impressions/mind) goes on to another loka (plane or realm of existence). In Advaita Vedanta there is reincarnation for those that aren't Self-realized and identify with the mind/ego/body.

When the person is reborn, the new physical body is accompanied by the old mind with the impressions or “grooves” from previous lives, but stripped of actual past life memories.

My two cents.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, Ananta said:

No, if liberation hasn't happened, then once the gross body dies, then the subtle body (and mental impressions/mind) goes on to another loka (plane or realm of existence). In Advaita Vedanta there is reincarnation for those that aren't Self-realized and identify with the mind/ego/body.

When the person is reborn, the new physical body is accompanied by the old mind with the impressions or “grooves” from previous lives, but stripped of actual past life memories.

My two cents.

What exactly are grooves from previous lives, what kind of mark could impressions from previous lives leave..?

And why do past life memories inevitably get stripped away

Edited by KatiesKarma

56 minutes ago, Ananta said:

My two cents.

This has been in my direct experience during awakenings and mystical experiences.

51 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Oh, so it's always different? 

35 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

What exactly are grooves from previous lives, what kind of mark could impressions from previous lives leave..? 

Grooves = Samskaras (mental impressions/psychological imprints) and vasanas = Desires which influence  behaviour of a person.

These create our individual characters and strongly influences our thoughts and actions.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Ananta said:

Grooves = Samskaras (mental impressions/psychological imprints) and vasanas = Desires which influence  behaviour of a person.

These create our individual characters and strongly influences our thoughts and actions.

I don't know... Imagine being tortured and then killed, leaving you with severe ptsd etc, does that carry into the next life? Really?

10 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

I don't know... Imagine being tortured and then killed, leaving you with severe ptsd etc, does that carry into the next life? Really?

I'm simplifying.... actually, samskaras and vasanas are tendencies/desires/fears and are stored in something called the "causal body" a store house from all the individuals past lives. 

Not all of them together are choosen for the next life.

Also, remember, memory is not a part of this, true memory is wiped out.

Ie. Someone may have a deep fear of something, but not know why (samskara) or a propensity to over-eat, smoke or drink (vasanas).

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Doesn't matter what the answer is, one cannot know for sure what the truth is to this question. What we can have is more liking to one perspective over another. So it all boils down to what your bias is. 

With my experience too, time only move forwards but outside our experience who really knows what can happen

I have a bias towards evolution, if evolution is the prime basis of life then it wouldn't make sense to live the same life for too many instances unless the learning curve is too flat lol

13 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Will i ever live this particular life again?? Or is it just once? Or is it an infinite number of times?? 

I have heard that everything exists simultaneously. Past,present and future. But this is not my experience. 

My experience is that times flows only in one direction. Only forward. 

Shunyamurti has said that the reason we get dejavu is because we have lived the same life an infinite number of times. 

After so called death, “everything “ will be vanished, as before birth. No more so called life. Source is now. Because ego(you) is a temporary reflection.

14 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Where is he getting this mythology from lol.

15 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

these is also a simillar concept in buddhism proclaiming that gauthama Buddha was the 28th Buddha to exist. even goes on to give the names of the previous Buddhas to exist and the one who is to come next as the Maithreiya.

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@Ananta

15 hours ago, Ananta said:

My two cents.

What would happen if the liberation variable was true. What would be the actual difference between a liberated person dying and an asleep person dying?? 

It seems to me there would be no difference at all. 

@Khan 0

2 hours ago, Khan 0 said:

After so called death, “everything “ will be vanished, as before birth. No more so called life. Source is now. Because ego(you) is a temporary reflection.

Leo has said that that this exact moment has been existing forever. If this is true I can see myself living this life over and over again forever. 

6 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Khan 0

Leo has said that that this exact moment has been existing forever. If this is true I can see myself living this life over and over again forever. 

Yes. Because you are always nothing, stay nothing forever. However this so called human is temporary finction. So when you die nothingness stays. Because thats what you are, you go back that where did you come from. This so called body is not you just a dream, and real you is always sleeping as before birth.

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Ananta

What would happen if the liberation variable was true. What would be the actual difference between a liberated person dying and an asleep person dying?? 

It seems to me there would be no difference at all. 

If you think of yourself as a Me, mine, ego-self, then consciousness is identified as a finite, individual with a karma and then rebirth will eventually happen to continue on with experience. 

If liberated, then consciousness doesn't identify with the body/mind finite self at death and has awakened and is no longer identified with the body/mind. It no longer needs to be reborn to experience and karma/vasanas for that individual dissolves. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?