Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zega

Good online classes?

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get into online business classes and there's so many out there now, coursera, skillshare, udemy, etc. 

Any recommendations or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks :) 

Coursera, EdX, etc are probably your best route if you want something accredited from an actual institution so you get a degree to put on your resume at the end. Some of those sites offer most of their courses for free, I forget which ones.

Udemy is best for learning smaller, very specific topics. I wouldn't use them for large complex subjects like marketing or business.

Skillshare is only really good for creative stuff like photography, design, etc. as that's the majority of the platform's focus.

LinkedIn Learning might be good for business topics (I haven't used it before but I've researched it a little.)

Ask yourself:

• Why do you want to take business classes? What's your end goal?
  • Break business down into smaller parts. What about business specifically do you want to learn? In my opinion, if you want to learn about Human Resources, there's no point doing introductory Accounting, Marketing, Economics, etc courses like a university would make you take.
  • How are you going to use the knowledge when you're done? Do you need something to put on your resume or are just the raw skills enough?
  • How much time and money are you willing to invest?
  • Are you okay with self-study or do you need a more structured program with lectures and weekly graded assignments?
  • I'd pick one subject and study it as much as you can for a time, instead of studying business as a whole. You can start off with free Youtube videos
Edited by Yarco