Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thewizardking

LSD is giving me crazy ideas all of the sudden

15 posts in this topic

I have for the last two years been experimenting with LSD. Most of my experiences have given me many insights that have truly helped me a lot. Recently, last 5 months, the insights have lessened quite a bit and I am now getting these crazy ideas instead. In the moment it feels like the most amazing, mind blowing ideas ever and they literally leave me speechless, but as soon as I sober up and I think back on the ideas and they are all complete nonsense. Most commonly this happens if Im watching a movie/documentary. I will see scenes that literally aren't there when I watch it again the day after or I will completely misinterpret what is being said. I can for example get the idea that the movie is telling me some big secret to how the world operates. I have even had an experience where I was watching a new episode of a TV show and I was convinced that it was telling me that the world was actually ending right at that moment, which made me panic. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening all of the sudden? I have had quite a bit of self doubt recently when it comes to my work as a creative so maybe that uncertainty is making me confused? Any help is much appreciated. 

Edited by Thewizardking

I don't know why you want to watch TV shows, when taking LSD. The point of these substances is to make you more aware of your inner stories and concepts, not to watch them in TV. If you allow yourself to let go of concepts, deep wisdom and creativity will form. 

Got into it every since I took LSD with a friend who did it for the first time and we decided to watch some Rick and Morty towards the end of the trip. Noticed that watching movies/documentaries while tripping is amazing. But during these last trips I've watched something for 1-2 hours after the peak, so there's still a lot of just me being with my mind. 

This isn't going to be appreciated on the forum, but it sounds like beginning of psychosis - if it only occurs during an LSD trip then there isnt that much to worry about but if it continues into everyday life where you extrapolate meaning from seemingly unrelated themes, at the very least, quit any cognitive-altering substances

1 hour ago, Thewizardking said:

I have even had an experience where I was watching a new episode of a TV show and I was convinced that it was telling me that the world was actually ending right at that moment, which made me panic. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening all of the sudden?

Beginning stages of psychosis from dopamine and serotonin overload. Or access to ways of seeing that are normally not available. Take your pick.

2 hours ago, Vynce said:

I don't know why you want to watch TV shows, when taking LSD. The point of these substances is to make you more aware of your inner stories and concepts, not to watch them in TV. If you allow yourself to let go of concepts, deep wisdom and creativity will form. 

@Thewizardking Dont waste that potential of yours. And the LSD you are taking. The interaction between you and your Higher Self, is not to watch cartoons and stories. The interaction is there to remove all the stories, not add stuff to it :)

2 hours ago, Thewizardking said:

I have even had an experience where I was watching a new episode of a TV show and I was convinced that it was telling me that the world was actually ending right at that moment, which made me panic. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening all of the sudden? I have had quite a bit of self doubt recently when it comes to my work as a creative so maybe that uncertainty is making me confused?

Thats exactly why Psychedelics should be respected. If you take them in a disrespectful way: Random things happen.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

33 minutes ago, dearleo123 said:

This isn't going to be appreciated on the forum, but it sounds like beginning of psychosis - if it only occurs during an LSD trip then there isnt that much to worry about but if it continues into everyday life where you extrapolate meaning from seemingly unrelated themes, at the very least, quit any cognitive-altering substances

Agreed. Taking more could lead to weeks or months of psychosis indeed. Maybe get tested for schizophrenia 

Luckily this doesn’t continue when I sober up. Although it does confuse me quite a bit. A common theme of these experiences is that I see symbolism/metaphors for male/female dynamics. I am hyper-aware of that dynamic. It’s as if when I’m tripping men and women become very stereotypical. For instance I can feel as if I’m being ignorant to just how much the world really is male dominated. My girlfriend has an interest for feminism so might be because of that. In the moment it’s as if I almost get a guilty conscious for being so ignorant but the day after that seems ridiculous and even my girlfriend tells that I have no reason to think so about myself cause I’m actually not at all ignorant when it comes to that topic. LSD has given me new found emotional intelligence so it might be that I’m starting to question topics that typically are very emotionally loaded and when tripping I’m not able to use any logical thinking. 

Another interesting point that I've speculated has to do with this is that I'm a person with a very high level of openness. When doing the big five personality traits test I score 86% on openness. Since openness increases 20% on average when on psychedelics that means Im at 100% when tripping. Maybe this causes me to have no critical and logical thinking in the moment but makes it possible for me to see that it is nonsense once Im sober. 

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

Beginning stages of psychosis from dopamine and serotonin overload. Or access to ways of seeing that are normally not available. Take your pick.

Lately, I'm mistaking dream memories for real life memories. Like, I once dreamed that I tested whether a certain key is working for a door at my work place - it didn't. When I actually was at work, in real life, so to speak, I swapped the dream memory for real life memory. I never actually tested whether my keys are working or not. I even asked for a proper key for this specific door at work. Turns out the keys I had where actually working.

Similar memory-swap moments happened lately. Could this also be linked to serotonin or dopamine overload?

@Thewizardking I get what you mean. Same kind of experiences can happen on weed too. And also, this kind of pattern threw me into serious mental health crisis. I spent time in psych ward and had to take antipsychotics. The netflix show seemed to tell me I had to commit suicide. So yeah, it can get pretty horrifying. ?

This is conceptualization rather than meditation. This is when you are averting feeling and projecting/running into thought-stories and narratives.

I would advice you not to take these substances. If you are looking for wellbeing, insight, joyful living and inspiration, build the foundation with meditation, dreamboard and self-expression. Believe it or not, these are even better than just tripping.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

9 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

Lately, I'm mistaking dream memories for real life memories. Like, I once dreamed that I tested whether a certain key is working for a door at my work place - it didn't. When I actually was at work, in real life, so to speak, I swapped the dream memory for real life memory. I never actually tested whether my keys are working or not. I even asked for a proper key for this specific door at work. Turns out the keys I had where actually working.

Similar memory-swap moments happened lately. Could this also be linked to serotonin or dopamine overload?

I doubt it. In my experience the psychosis from dopamine and serotonin overload is more like hearing voices in white-noise-like-sound such as air conditioning noise, buying into far more synchronicities than usual, feelings of aliens watching or communicating with you, etc. Or here was a big one for me: a certain thought comes up, and right after that, the house randomly creaks, and you immediately feel that the universe is telling you that thought had some kind of importance... Dead giveaway xD