Someone here

What's your opinion on Islam?

124 posts in this topic

My opinion is that such a large organization needs some central authority. I know it's blasphemies to suggest, however, if Russia is acting out in the world, people usually blame Putin. If people have any trouble with western liberal values, the European government and media get blamed. If US intervenes in some foreign land, the US government, alternatively the army or business sectors such as the oil and gas industry gets pinned with the blame. If Muslims act out, a unison chorus of people says; it has nothing to do with Islam. 
It's mostly a human problem to be completely fair. Everyone wants to attach themselves to the glory of their culture but dismisses any problems that slightly relate to that culture/institution. 

I am quite dissapointed at the severe misunderstanding on this forum regarding Islam. Islam is an ancient teaching which intended to adapt mysticism to the condtitions of 6th century Arabia. The core of Islam is; non-duality, Allah, You are Allah (read:Ibn Arabi. Oh wait, you fucks don't know who that is because you demonize Islam), and Enlightenment (which they metaphor as being as good as '72 virgins'). It emerged in 6th century Arabia, so of course it's going to have a lot of Conservative cultural baggage.

Islam has a very rich spiritual and mystical tradition, with most noticibly being the Sufi mystics. Mohammed himself was said to have meditated in a cave and interacted with Allah that way.

You people are acting no better than ignorant white third worlders who talk shit about a religon who's Holy Book they've never read, but have watched enough Fox News to know the truth 'bout Islam.

https://actualized.org/articles/understanding-islam

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

thats why i said i will take the lead.

under my lead, islam will become maybe even more of either side.

who knows its worth a try

On 1/11/2022 at 1:46 PM, vizual said:

It's not the Quran that gives Islam a bad rap. It's the fundamentalist extremist terrorists in the west. And of course the fundamentalist backwards countries that are ruled by Islam like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The Old Testament also has similar passages as the Quran with a lot of violence. 

I've never read the Quran, but the Old Testament is pretty hard core violent. If felt reading it like one wrong step, one small mistake and you are a death person ?

But what I would like to understand and you may explain, if possible. The Old Testament being the oldest was pretty brutal / violent. The New Testament than less violent. Is it any cultural / historical explanation why the Quran being the newest from the three holy books went back to pretty brutal / violent? It is somehow contrainuitive, normaly I would suggest the newer the religion, the less violence in its holy book.

@Husseinisdoingfine should i defend islam here?.these atheist folks see a bunch of videos about how islam is flawed and read some hate articles and now they think they figured out islam and have a better understanding than those who live by it for years.what an irony.also its a waste of time and energy . even if i successfully demonstrate the greatness of islam , no one is gonna change their opinion.

2 hours ago, Ivan Dimi said:

But what I would like to understand and you may explain, if possible. The Old Testament being the oldest was pretty brutal / violent. The New Testament than less violent. Is it any cultural / historical explanation why the Quran being the newest from the three holy books went back to pretty brutal / violent? It is somehow contrainuitive, normaly I would suggest the newer the religion, the less violence in its holy book.

Because the Quran is very much in line with the values and themes outlined in the Old Testament, and the Quran also acknowledges most of the revelations and prophets of the Old Testament. But the New Testament is all about the miracles, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which the Quran completely rejects, so it would make sense there's more overlap between the Quran and the OT.

But don't get me wrong, the times of Moses, Jesus and Muhammed were all violent times and Islam apologists may argue that Jesus' message lacks pragmatism and realism - and is too idealistic - in a harsh world. Thus the Quran injects that pragmatism through draconian laws. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@itachi uchiha There is no need to.

I highly encourage all of you on this forum to read the Holy Quran.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

22 hours ago, vizual said:

Because the Quran is very much in line with the values and themes outlined in the Old Testament, and the Quran also acknowledges most of the revelations and prophets of the Old Testament. But the New Testament is all about the miracles, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which the Quran completely rejects, so it would make sense there's more overlap between the Quran and the OT.

But don't get me wrong, the times of Moses, Jesus and Muhammed were all violent times and Islam apologists may argue that Jesus' message lacks pragmatism and realism - and is too idealistic - in a harsh world. Thus the Quran injects that pragmatism through draconian laws. 

Sounds about right. The quran is roughly one step forward to idealistic, but one step back to realism of it's time, because of it coming from a predominant stage purple/red culture and world, the spirituality it preaches has to be corrupted and coopted by the culture of it's time. It cannot go full on spirituality, without risking a huge backlash.

On 11.01.2022 at 11:02 PM, Space Lizard said:

I see Islam as a useful antidote to many of the excesses of secular, progressive, materialist civilization. Some of the best critiques of this civilization come from Muslims living in the West. The idea that Islam is about terrorism or killing apostates or whatever is mostly propaganda. If there are powerful extremists operating in the world today, it's the secular technocratic elite, whose primary goals seem to be the total dehumanization of the world, the destruction of the human soul, and putting themselves on the throne formerly reserved for God.

Very good point we are heading for a collapse. In near future there will be little room for platonic dialogues or goofy spiritutality. Islam is a place where you can turn closed universe model into an open model. It's a powerful TOOL.

On 21.1.2022 at 2:26 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@itachi uchiha There is no need to.

I highly encourage all of you on this forum to read the Holy Quran.

tried reading it and found it boring and repetitive but i was also younger

You can’t solve the issue of people making stupid decisions by taking away their freedom to make stupid decisions. The best approach is to educate people to make sure their decisions are informed. So that if people make a stupid decision, make sure that it’s an informed stupid decision. Because people are going to make stupid decisions anyway, it’s part of human nature. 

edit: i posted this in the wrong topic ?

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual

36 minutes ago, vizual said:

You can’t solve the issue of people making stupid decisions by taking away their freedom to make stupid decisions. The best approach is to educate people to make sure their decisions are informed. So that if people make a stupid decision, make sure that it’s an informed stupid decision. Because people are going to make stupid decisions anyway, it’s part of human nature. 

edit: i posted this in the wrong topic ?

I think you can dm a mod to move this post to the intended thread.

Let’s see what the Koran has to say:

”Fight those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day, nor comply with what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden, nor embrace the religion of truth from among those who were given the Scripture, until they pay the tax, willingly submitting, fully humbled.”

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

17 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

https://youtu.be/osJbnbKGOpg

A rabbi explaining jews and muslims co existed peacefully for centuries

Muhammad ordered the Expelling of jews and Christians from the Arabian peninsula. It was another exodus imposed by Muhammad.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The core of Islam is; non-duality, Allah, You are Allah (read:Ibn Arabi. Oh wait, you fucks don't know who that is because you demonize Islam),

well said

2 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Epikur just watch the video.i dont think you are more knowledgable than the jewish rabbi in the video

Maybe you are thinking wrong