Someone here

What's your opinion on Islam?

124 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

there are 6000 pages of books called tafseer of quran. tafseer means background of quran. sometimes verses in quran means one thing and the context of the verses means another thing. usa is heavily involved in middle east to steal the oil.but they need to justify their action.hence they deamonize islam.when u try to learn islam u need to take information from non islamophobic sources.muslims ruled middle east for 1000 years.if islam odered to kill nonmuslims then u will not find a single non muslim in middle east. islam fought 2 major superpowers at that time and beat them in 30 years. muslims come out of nowhere and beat greek and persian empire.modern day equivalent of it would be , like afghanistan beating usa and russia at the same time and taking their land.persian and roman empire teamed up to defeat muslims but they still couldnt do it. if killing non muslims was true then all the non muslims will immediately be killed after islam couquered a place as they are now the major super power and they can do whatever the fuck they want. but instead u find a lot of non muslims in middle east. greece has non muslims. syria has non muslims. iraq has non muslims. infact a christian who lives in iraq  is on this forum.non muslims of middle east have their ancestor family tree starting 1000s of years ago

Do you know what apostates are and how they were treated?

36 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Do you know what apostates are and how they were treated?

That youtube channel owner is a lier and islamaphobe.he got exposed and debunked many times by many people .in present time if someone says i am exmuslim and critisize islam then that person will get many patreons and money.so there is a huge demand for exmuslims or islamaphobic people

If u want a correct understanding of islam then u need to take information from unbiased sources .not islamaphobic sources.

Edited by itachi uchiha

@K Ghoul

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Christianity vs islam is toxic debate

If u r genuinly intrested in islam then research from non islamaphobic source

1 hour ago, itachi uchiha said:

That youtube channel owner is a lier and islamaphobe.he got exposed and debunked many times by many people .in present time if someone says i am exmuslim and critisize islam then that person will get many patreons and money.so there is a huge demand for exmuslims or islamaphobic people

If u want a correct understanding of islam then u need to take information from unbiased sources .not islamaphobic sources.

I am quite informed about islam. Elhamdulillah the guy speaks the truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam_by_country

The situation for apostates from Islam varies markedly between Muslim-minority and Muslim-majority regions.[1] In Muslim-minority countries "any violence against those who abandon Islam is already illegal". But in some Muslim-majority countries, religious violence is "institutionalised", and (at least in 2007) "hundreds and thousands of closet apostates" live in fear of violence and are compelled to live lives of "extreme duplicity and mental stress."[2]

Edited by Epikur

9 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

I mostly base my understanding of Islam on Muslims in Europe.

People that i know and people that i see.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, SgtPepper said:

the Quran is quite dry and not hopeful, it's more punishment/judgmental oriented,

Yes exactly. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes exactly. 

This is the funniest verse in the Quran 33:53

O believers! Do not enter the homes of the Prophet without permission ˹and if invited˺ for a meal, do not ˹come too early and˺ linger until the meal is ready. But if you are invited, then enter ˹on time˺. Once you have eaten, then go on your way, and do not stay for casual talk. Such behaviour is truly annoying to the Prophet, yet he is too shy to ask you to leave. But Allah is never shy of the truth. And when you ˹believers˺ ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a barrier. This is purer for your hearts and theirs. And it is not right for you to annoy the Messenger of Allah, nor ever marry his wives after him. This would certainly be a major offence in the sight of Allah.

https://quran.com/33:53?store=false&translations=

Reminds of that Austrian song. It is fun if you speak German. "Never open the door"

Edited by Epikur

Just to balance the harsh criticism here, Islam has achieved one thing that even modern democracies couldn't. Islam ended racism once and for all, and it never came back. Racism does not exist today within the Muslim world. It existed in Arabia before Islam, but it ceased to be after. Such issues just don't make sense to a Muslim.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

24 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Just to balance the harsh criticism here, Islam has achieved one thing that even modern democracies couldn't. Islam ended racism once and for all, and it never came back. Racism does not exist today within the Muslim world. It existed in Arabia before Islam, but it ceased to be after. Such issues just don't make sense to a Muslim.

Are you shure about that? How do you know?

Mona Eltahawy, a columnist for Egypt's Al Masry Al Youm and Qatar's Al Arab, wrote in the New York Times an article titled, "Racism: The Arab world's dirty secret". She was a witness to racist attacks by Arab Egyptians on blacks and stated: "We are a racist people in Egypt and we are in deep denial about it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world

45 minutes ago, Epikur said:

That's not racism, it's politics/war and what it necessitates. Go to any peaceful Muslim country and you will see that racism does not exist.

Mona Eltahawy, a columnist for Egypt's Al Masry Al Youm and Qatar's Al Arab, wrote in the New York Times an article titled, "Racism: The Arab world's dirty secret". She was a witness to racist attacks by Arab Egyptians on blacks and stated: "We are a racist people in Egypt and we are in deep denial about it. 

Nonsense. Where's the proof? My experience says otherwise.

She's probably just trying to earn viewer/follower points by appealing to current trends.

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

That's not racism, it's politics/war and what it necessitates. Go to any peaceful Muslim country and you will see that racism does not exist.

Nonsense. Where's the proof? My experience says otherwise.

She's probably just trying to earn viewer/follower points by appealing to current trends.

Ok there is no racism because you say so. Additionally you have anecdotal evidence.
So there is no need to read the wiki page or do further research.

@Epikur There is no racism in the Muslim world, and I challenge you and anyone who claims otherwise to prove it. The burden of proof is on those who claim the case.

The Wikipedia article you linked doesn't talk about actual racism. It talks about wars that happened to have poc as the main victims of. The antisemitism is true, but that's not racism, just religious dogmatism and political agenda clash. Kurds are a political group that are fighting against already established political groups, nothing racist about that. They're just a minority that is trying to gain an independent land from stronger groups with opposing agendas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin: Kurdish Sultan during Abbasid Caliphate.

Look, I'm not saying Islam is perfect, it has countless flaws and is clearly far from mediocre to say the least. But let's just call things as they are and leave the nonsense and false claims. And that is that racism does not exist in the Muslim world, despite of the countless other problems such as women rights, etc.

Edited by Gesundheit2

17 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Epikur There is no racism in the Muslim world, and I challenge you or anyone who claims otherwise to prove it. The burden of proof is on those who claim. The Wikipedia article you linked doesn't talk about actual racism. It talks about wars that happened to have poc as the main victims of. The antisemitism is true, but that's not racism, just religious dogmatism and political agenda clash. Kurds are a political group that are fighting against already established political groups, nothing racist about that. They're just a minority that is trying to gain an independent land from stronger groups with opposing agendas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin: Kurdish Sultan during Abbasid Caliphate.

Look, I'm not saying Islam is perfect, it has countless flaws and is clearly far from mediocre to say the least. But let's just call things as they are and leave the nonsense and false claims. And that is that racism does not exist in the Muslim world, despite of the countless other problems such as women rights, etc.

Ok let's start:

Read also the comments

Edited by Epikur

Don't like it, because the guy was a pedophile.

If you are a muslim you are cool with it. (your prophet having sex with a 9 year old)

I am not.

Edited by Arcangelo

37 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

There is no racism in the Muslim world, and I challenge you and anyone who claims otherwise to prove it. The burden of proof is on those who claim the case.

I'm doing some basic research on the history of race and racism at the moment. Although I'm at an early stage however, it appears that race as we know it is a modern Western social construct dating to the 18th C. 

From Wiki article on Race_(human_categorization) 

"The modern concept of race emerged as a product of the colonial enterprises of European powers from the 16th to 18th centuries which identified race in terms of skin color and physical differences. This way of classification would have been confusing for people in the ancient world since they did not categorize each other in such a fashion. In particular, the epistemological moment where the modern concept of race was invented and rationalized lies somewhere between 1730 and 1790.

So racism only exists in societies (and individuals) which believe in it. For early Islam and other early Medieval philosophies, race wasn't an issue, rather it was things like tribalism that were the problem. Uniting the pagan Arab tribes in the name of the new religion of Islam created an awesome imperialistic force which started conquering as far as they could. It reminds me of a related historical process when the competing and warring British 'tribes' (England, Scotland, Wales etc) came together in the name of the UK and stopped fighting each other, just in time to go out fighting in the rest of the world and create the British Empire.  

But it's not entirely successful, look at Afghanistan for example where tribal loyalties seem to rank higher than Islamic unity. Plus Islam is split between Sunni, Shia,  etc.

Edited by silene

Racism is insidious in Sudan, historically and since independence when most senior positions have been filled by people from the north - the Arab and Nubian ethnic groups.

Slave traders 'glorified'

The racism goes back to the founding of Khartoum in 1821 as a marketplace for slaves.

By the second half of the century about two-thirds of the city's population was enslaved.

Sudan became one of the most active slave-raiding zones in Africa, with slaves transported from the south to the north, and to Egypt, the Middle East and the Mediterranean regions.

Slave traders are still glorified - a street in the heart of the capital is named after al-Zubair Pasha Rahma, whose 19th Century trading empire stretched to parts of what is now the Central African Republic and Chad.

The practice was only officially abolished in 1924, but the decision faced strong resistance from the main Arab and Islamic leaders of that era, among them Abdelrahman al-Mahdi and Ali al-Mirghani, who many believe had slaves working on the vast tracts of land they owned along the Nile River.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53147864

11 minutes ago, silene said:

I'm doing some basic research on the history of race and racism at the moment. Although I'm at an early stage however, it appears that race as we know it is a modern Western social construct dating to the 18th C. 

From Wiki article on Race_(human_categorization) 

"The modern concept of race emerged as a product of the colonial enterprises of European powers from the 16th to 18th centuries which identified race in terms of skin color and physical differences. This way of classification would have been confusing for people in the ancient world since they did not categorize each other in such a fashion. In particular, the epistemological moment where the modern concept of race was invented and rationalized lies somewhere between 1730 and 1790.

So racism only exists in societies (and individuals) which believe in it. For early Islam and other early Medieval philosophies, race wasn't an issue, rather it was things like tribalism that were the problem. Uniting the pagan Arab tribes in the name of the new religion of Islam created an awesome imperialistic force which started conquering as far as they could. It reminds me of a related historical process when the competing and warring British 'tribes' (England, Scotland, Wales etc) came together in the name of the UK and stopped fighting each other, just in time to go out fighting in the rest of the world and create the British Empire.

That is not true. Racism existed 

It’s time caste is identified as what it has always been: racism in disguise.  As recurrent attacks on people from the north-eastern states, and the antipathy shown to Africans in the country, have repeatedly shown, we Indians are among the most racist people in the world.

And – as the recent revelations about the origins of our caste system suggest – we are even racist among ourselves.

America has its racist Ku Klux Klan.  We have what might be called our own Ku Klux Kaste, which is just as racist.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/jugglebandhi/the-indian-caste-system-is-based-on-racism/

Edited by Epikur

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Ok let's start:

Read also the comments

Al-Jazeera is like the most agenda biased news channel of all time. They lied to my face about things I experienced and saw with my own eyes in the past. And they're lying here as well. They always twist the truth to fit their agendas. Their news has no credibility whatsoever to me, and I don't have respect for their documentaries.

I'll have you informed that we have a number of exchange students from Sudan in the university I'm in right now, and they're treated with nothing but respect. I never even thought about them that way until now.

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Lol. That dude got arrested. What more do you want?