WokeBloke

Experiences are not aware

47 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

What is your being? Pinpoint what exactly is your being? Your body? Your brain? Your eyes?

I regard myself to be the changing body. So wherever the body is, is where I am. The computer is not my body but a part of my experience.

@WokeBloke is 'your body' not 'part of your experience'?  How do you know you have a body if you don't experience 'having a body'? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke is 'your body' not 'part of your experience'?  How do you know you have a body if you don't experience 'having a body'? 

I agree the body is a part of my experience. Also I can only see parts of my body. Still by looking at other people in the world I infer that I must be seeing my body with my body as my body. 

@WokeBloke you need to stop equating 'seeing' with 'experiencing'..  even blind people experience their body.   

"I have no other self than the totality of things of which I am aware." - Alan Watts. 

There is no 'experiencer' separate from 'experiencing'. (what is often mistaken to be the 'experiencer of experience' is just more experience).   

There is no separate 'tree' inside a tree somewhere who is 'growing itself'..  there is no 'experiencer' within experience somewhere who is 'experiencing itself'.. 

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke you need to stop equating 'seeing' with 'experiencing'..  even blind people experience their body.   

"I have no other self than the totality of things of which I am aware." - Alan Watts. 

There is no 'experiencer' separate from 'experiencing'. (what is often mistaken to be the 'experiencer of experience' is just more experience).   

There is no separate 'tree' inside a tree somewhere who is 'growing itself'..  there is no 'experiencer' within experience somewhere who is 'experiencing itself'.. 

seeing is a part of experiencing.

Do you equate awareness with the experience or is awareness not an experience?

Just now, WokeBloke said:

seeing is a part of experiencing.

Do you equate awareness with the experience or is awareness not an experience?

Everything is experience.  When you are dreaming at night.. and you hear a sound in your dream, aren't 'the sound' and 'hearing the sound' both 'the dream'?  Is there a difference between 'hearing a sound' and 'the sound' in your dream? 

21 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Everything is experience.  When you are dreaming at night.. and you hear a sound in your dream, aren't 'the sound' and 'hearing the sound' both 'the dream'?  Is there a difference between 'hearing a sound' and 'the sound' in your dream? 

Perhaps the dreamer/expereincer is not an experience. 

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Perhaps the dreamer/expereincer is not an experience. 

'the experiencer' only ever exists as experience.  

39 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

This is what is different in interpretations between some people.

In a dream there is a subject and an object. Both are just the mind of the dreamer, as you said. It's that singular mind which is by illusion appearing to be multiple things. It's critically different from some people who will write that there is no subject/object because they are one. The oneness is like the dreamer's mind. For a character confined in the dream there is subject/object.

I heard it explained well a few times. One thing I noted is that the mind must appear finite for anything to ever be. For green to be observed, it has to appear distinct from blue, red, yellow. Etc. The infinite has to make itself appear to be finite.

Leo also covered this in discussing the scientific method attempting to capture infinity. You can't observe infinity in that way as to do so you'd need to be external from it. Which is impossible as infinity encompasses you. That is the dilemna of infinity, why it has to appear to be finite and limited by illusion for anything to ever be.

@RMQualtrough yes, one seeming like many.   This is what we are trying to get WokeBloke to see.  In the dream is 'seems like' there is a 'subject/object'.. but all there really is is 'seeming like'. 

Did the computer create the computer or did something else create the computer?

@WokeBloke you seem to be getting in your own way of understanding this, that's for sure. 

What part of your body is aware of your body?  Is it your hand? Your blood? Your brain? 

If it's your brain that's aware of your body, is it the whole brain? Are the cells in your brain aware of your body?.. Is it the neurons? The frontal lobe? The amygdala? 

Where is the 'you' who is aware of your body? 

I think @WokeBloke is actually doing a Meta-Move with these posts. He already knows these things.
Hes just playing a narrative and a role to see if we know what we know ;)
@Mason Riggle We have been outplayed. O.o
Meta-Meta-Move: I am playing this game with myself xD

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@WokeBloke There are words, and there is the silence that follows after words. You are that which comes after words

that is nonduality, the word "nonduality" being used here is not a word, it is a description of something that can't be described

@Mason Riggle &@Vincent S , and everyone else on this forum, including me, and you

everyone out of this forum, including your neighbor and a dog walking on the street.

The phone you own, the objects that can't see, the bed that you sleep on, and the floor that we walk on, is all nonduality.

We human beings label them with words to make sense of things, function, and most importantly, play the game of pretending that it is not all one. But "human beings", is also a label that we have put on ourselves, so we can make sense of the thing that we "think" we are.

That is the power of mind, 

but mind is just a little bitch when it comes to nonduality ?

Edited by Mosess

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke you seem to be getting in your own way of understanding this, that's for sure. 

What part of your body is aware of your body?  Is it your hand? Your blood? Your brain? 

If it's your brain that's aware of your body, is it the whole brain? Are the cells in your brain aware of your body?.. Is it the neurons? The frontal lobe? The amygdala? 

If you don't think the body is aware then certainly the computer is not aware.

@WokeBloke you certainly have a way of putting words in my mouth.   I didn't give my thoughts on whether or not the body is aware.  I asked 10 questions.. none of which you even tried to answer.  

Edited by Mason Riggle

3 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke you certainly have a way of putting words in my mouth.   I didn't give my thoughts on whether or not the body is aware.  I asked 10 questions.. none of which you even tried to answer.  

sorry I'll answer them.

1. I think no part of the body is aware of the body.

2. If anything is aware of the body it is either the entire body or some sort of non-physical awareness in my view

If I take aware parts of my body my experience is severely hindered. If I take away my whole body I think there would be no experience. But the expereincer or the ability to experience (awareness) might remain.

If the body is aware of itself then I am wherever my body is.

The one who is aware of the body must be here.

You -  I think no part of the body is aware of the body.

Also you - I infer that I must be seeing my body with my body as my body. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

You -  I think no part of the body is aware of the body.

Also you - I infer that I must be seeing my body with my body as my body. 

its not contradictory.

I am not a part of the body. I am the whole body seeing parts of my body.