Vivaldo

What are your thoughts on India as a country?

69 posts in this topic

@Barbara the caste system might be a barrier in marriages sometimes. Otherwise belonging from a big city I can't really feel the caste discrimination anymore. Most modern People perceive it as redundant

1 minute ago, Vivaldo said:

the caste system might be a barrier in marriages sometimes

Like, how?

I actually like some of the Indian films. Some of them are very creative and unique.

Where you will go to after you die will be ascary place I think. I have a bad experience with someone who had Hindus roots. Totally fucked up. 

Yes. I remember having a lot of dreams. India is the scariest. When you wanna get inside a home, wash your feet (my mom was dropping me here) 

and I see a lot of visuals/rituals that are unlike what im used to. So it was a scary experience. 

Dirty. A guy at a company I work for went to open a new factory in India. He said within a couple weeks a spotless brand new factory looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a decade, both inside and out. Just look at how polluted the sacred Ganges river has become... people pooping in it, trash and dead bodies floating in it, people burning their dead on the banks, all kinds of filth.

When I think of India the first thing that comes to mind is really bad traffic, and people constantly honking their horns nonstop 24/7, nowhere else in the world seems to use their horns like India. I really don't understand it, it doesn't make the traffic go any faster, are people just that impatient?

Indian people seem very risk-averse, big rule followers. In my experience in the UK and North America Indian people seem disproportionately smelly, like most don't wear deodorant. In multiple places I worked, we had to have managers explain to Indian employees that their body odor was an issue and distracting other workers. We have to tell Indian employees to actually sit on the toilet seat, not squat over it and make a huge mess over the whole stall. Basic Western hygiene and other concepts they're just totally out of touch with.

On the positive, India seems like a bastion for spirituality. Hinduism, yoga, meditation, advaita vedanta, all kinds of great practices. However sadly the golden age of India seems to have been 1,000+ years ago and I feel like most people in India have lost touch with their roots since being colonized by the British.

Not politically correct but OP wanted some honest opinions so there you go. I tried to make it as objective as possible, this is as PC as I could make it and be honest about my feelings and experiences. What's the point of the thread if we are just showering him with all the positive things about India and Indian people.

Edited by Yarco

12 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Any recommendation for an Indian movie?

gangs of wasseypur 1 and 2

haider

bhyombesh bhakshi

baby

ugly

3 idiots

Just now, Preety_India said:

Easy to say. 

Lets see how you will deal with it when it happens to you. 

yup thats right.everyone has a plan until u get punched.i try not to give them anything to counter attack. if they get into my head i do a sedona method to calm myself down and nullify the emotional attack.why dont u practice sedona method. it wil help you nullify their emotional attack. also read the first chapter of the book laws of human nature by robert greene. the chapter is called master your emotional self

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

Dirty. A guy at a company I work for went to open a new factory in India. He said within a couple weeks a spotless brand new factory looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a decade, both inside and out. Just look at how polluted the sacred Ganges river has become... people pooping in it, trash and dead bodies floating in it, people burning their dead on the banks, all kinds of filth.

When I think of India the first thing that comes to mind is really bad traffic, and people constantly honking their horns nonstop 24/7, nowhere else in the world seems to use their horns like India. I really don't understand it, it doesn't make the traffic go any faster, are people just that impatient?

Indian people seem very risk-averse, big rule followers. In my experience in the UK and North America Indian people seem disproportionately smelly, like most don't wear deodorant. In multiple places I worked, we had to have managers explain to Indian employees that their body odor was an issue and distracting other workers. We have to tell Indian employees to actually sit on the toilet seat, not squat over it and make a huge mess over the whole stall. Basic Western hygiene and other concepts they're just totally out of touch with.

On the positive, India seems like a bastion for spirituality. Hinduism, yoga, meditation, advaita vedanta, all kinds of great practices. However sadly the golden age of India seems to have been 1,000+ years ago and I feel like most people in India have lost touch with their roots since being colonized by the British.

Not politically correct but OP wanted some honest opinions so there you go. I tried to make it as objective as possible, this is as PC as I could make it and be honest about my feelings and experiences. What's the point of the thread if we are just showering him with all the positive things about India and Indian people.

Yes, this is the point. Keep it coming, stories that mentioned above are good way to know faults and rectify.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

12 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Easy to say. 

Lets see how you will deal with it when it happens to you. 

you literally have an ignore user function

so it's pretty easy

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

you literally have an ignore user function

so it's pretty easy

Not easy mentally. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Not easy mentally. 

Meditate witness and feel the emotional discomfort.it will increase ,reach a peak and start to decrease and reach 0.wheras if u try to resist emotional discomfort caused by these keyboard warriors,then you discomfort will not decrease and will come out of u in an uncomfortable way.if u witness your emotions daily then within 2 years of practice , u can somewhat to a some extent master your emotions.not full mastery, but u have decent mastery to stop getting anxiety attacks

10 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

Meditate witness and feel the emotional discomfort.it will increase ,reach a peak and start to decrease and reach 0.wheras if u try to resist emotional discomfort caused by these keyboard warriors,then you discomfort will not decrease and will come out of u in an uncomfortable way.if u witness your emotions daily then within 2 years of practice , u can somewhat to a some extent master your emotions.not full mastery, but u have decent mastery to stop getting anxiety attacks

@Preety_India

Which keyboard warriors are you talking about? I hope not about me because I didn't intend to hurt people or say anything that might be hurtful.

However, I admit that I sometimes tend to say things without having thought a lot about them and sometimes I tend to enjoy it a bit when people get triggered. This is nothing I am proud about but also nothing I can easily change, working on it. 

If you feel hurt please tell me, it was not my intention to do so. I try to better myself.

Nice Yt channel by the way:)

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

I sometimes feel so lucky that I am born in India. It's really different from the rest of the world. Believe me living here might not the most luxurious but it this is so much filled with passion that it brings tears to my eyes

@Vivaldo you are spreading ur nationalistic BS here bro. okie dokie, u are from India and yes I did not expect stage blue shit to see in this kinda forum xD LOL.

IMHO, you are not even answering the constructive realistic criticisms made here and  keep polishing ur nationalistic ego.

India does not exist lol. it's a fiction! a collective fiction!

what if the Americans start bragging about how lucky we are , how we are the greatest , richest and most successful? 

and here are  my opinions about Indians, just like you are, most Indians are super duper nationalistic. stage blue/purple/red and orange .

and there are a lot of amazing people a. my stepmom did her PHD in India at Panjab uni.we still have friends in india where they from different religions and castes .u know the deal! . some people i have personally met are sikh panjabi, and south Indian(Tamils).

my mom  said that they were not even having water to wash themselves.  places like chandigarh are developed tho. after all, India is a cultural hotspot. just like USA or china a world of possibilities exist. and there are many issues there as well like @Preety_India pointed.

and bollywood movies I have watched  keep running the same theme in every one of them. just some boy n girl falling in love. by watching a few of them, i can already determine what would happen in the next one. In south Indian movies, they have a ton of fight scenes lol. and there is no gravity in Thamilnadu ig looking at the way people give superman punches at one another.XD

over the course of this century, India will be one of the super powers as I can see. most of the country is transitioning in to orange capitalism if my observations as an outsider are accurate. if a world war comes, definitely Pakistan will have to be on the other side lol. and u guys are crazy about cricket! 

but after all, the place where we call india today (back then it was different nations)was where hardcore spirituality blossomed. most of the stuff we have in spirituality section come from there. so it's a beautiful country! I am definitely gonna visit there within the next 2 yrs.

another point though, India is a fiction. it did not even exist 500 years ago. it was called different names back then and british , and french were the ones who made it in to a single country and separated pakistan upon Independance.if my knowledge of history is correct. u guys might hate pakistan but it was part of what was the part of the land that u call india . same with bangladesh. u are inventing this fiction and boundary of my country which is another egoic delusion. 

Edited by happyhappy

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T