Thought Art

How do I become emotionally invincible?

9 posts in this topic

What steps could I take to be so grounded in my truth it doesn't matter what people say, treat me, or what happens in my life I am happy and continue toward my goals. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Do the counterintuitive move and be honest and vulnerable. I think it's less about invincibility and more about transcendence. Transcendence would mean that it wouldn't "bother" you to deeply feel whatever is arising. It wouldn't bother you because clarity and understanding is what's truly freeing.

See that you create it all. 

If someone says that Mandy is a bitch and I believe their opinion and also believe my opinion that I DO NOT want to be a bitch, it hurts. If someone says Alice is a bitch, this doesn't affect me because I don't believe that I am Alice. If someone says Mandy is a bitch and I don't believe their opinion, this also doesn't affect me. The thoughts I believe and the identification with them and how they fit in with the belief "Mandy" is how I create suffering. 

The suffering is only an indicator that I am seeing something other than the truth. I am the feeling itself, not the one feeling it. In that I am utterly vulnerable and utterly invulnerable. Is the space in the room totally vulnerable or invulnerable? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

24 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

What steps could I take to be so grounded in my truth it doesn't matter what people say, treat me, or what happens in my life I am happy

You see what thoughts and feeling come up when people treat you bad and you inquire into them. That way you dissolve those patterns of negative thinking and "bad" feelings.

28 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

and continue toward my goals. 

There's a chance that your goals are tied into the same patterns of thinking and feeling so by dissolving those patterns your goals start to feel unimportant to you.

It's a 2 step process:

1. Realize that it's just drama. When you feel intense emotions, it's because your mind creates a story and you believe that you're a character in that story. Whenever you want to let go of an emotion, first see the absurdity of it, intensity it and blow it out of proportion, add some dramatic background music to it. If you do this, you'll realize that it's just like you're in soap opera, it's ridiculous, so just let go of it :D

2. Instead of focusing on the emotion, focus on what you are. Focus on the aware space around the emotion. Then let go of the idea of a "space" and just focus on awareness. Whatever the content of your mind is, just focus on the awareness of it.

13 hours ago, Thought Art said:

What steps could I take to be so grounded in my truth it doesn't matter what people say, treat me, or what happens in my life I am happy and continue toward my goals. 

So do you want to believe what you believe without being open to anyone affecting your thinking? Being untouched by difficulties of life and relationships?

Way to do that is indifference. You've come to right place.

16 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Just say "Yes" to "All-THAT-IS"......................................

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas, and beliefs!

16 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Care about what you say, how you treat people, and what happens in people’s lives around you. Help selflessly vs focusing on the separate self of thoughts. The one the thoughts are about doesn’t exist. Becoming, taking steps, being grounded, being invincible, the one who’s truth it is (my truth)… these are just thoughts. Meditation, every morning. Then it’ll be readily noticed throughout the day you’re feeling your thoughts, your interpretations. Then you’ll be aware everyone else is doing that too, and you’ll actually be of some use to that which you’re seeking in thoughts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Care about what you say, how you treat people, and what happens in people’s lives around you. Help selflessly vs focusing on the separate self of thoughts. The one the thoughts are about doesn’t exist. Becoming, taking steps, being grounded, being invincible, the one who’s truth it is (my truth)… these are just thoughts. Meditation, every morning. Then it’ll be readily noticed throughout the day you’re feeling your thoughts, your interpretations. Then you’ll be aware everyone else is doing that too, and you’ll actually be of some use. 

Great explanation ?