integral

Billions Of People With No Economic Value

10 posts in this topic

How will society/government look like when AI replaces all jobs

We will have to evolve beyond the need for an economy or how we think of economy will be nothing like it is today. 

Economy will be a tool that creates and distributes resources by AI for the collective. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I mean it's already happening, not just AI, but also just through the sheer evolution of humanity beyond doing repetitive tasks - self-actualization. UBI or some kind of resource-sharing mechanism should be adopted for mankind to evolve collectively - not something just reserved for the few lucky ones. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

"We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living." - Buckminster Fuller

I think this explains it pretty well. We are so fucked up by this idea of "having to work" that we build our whole lives around it. But it would be easy to imagine a society without people having to do shit they don't want, with all the technology we have by now. And that qutoe is from 1962 if I remember correctly. 

There are already tons of working communities all around the world, sadly just on a small scale. But there are already a lot of people working on better solutions for society as a whole. 

People create value in that they create the concept of value and determine and constantly edit what IS value. Therefore the idea that people have value assigned to them is dehumanizing. There is no value already that could be lost, just the illusion that there is. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Without massive restructuring or adjusting of the current economic system, it will very likely just further concentrate the increasing surplus value into the hands of the few (billionaires, corporations and also countries that are already wealthy). That will not be accepted, and it ties in with so many other problems with sustainability and the monetary system for example, so in other words, big storms of change are coming soon near you! 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

People create value in that they create the concept of value and determine and constantly edit what IS value. Therefore the idea that people have value assigned to them is dehumanizing. There is no value already that could be lost, just the illusion that there is. 

Makes sense, but i think the title is pointing to people will provide no value to the current economic system.  

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It hopefully will allow people to do what they want to do.

If they still want a factory job, they will be supervising and repairing the machines.
If they still want to drive, there will be jobs for drivers, just a lot less of them.

There will be new jobs created not only for engineers repairing AI, designing AI, selling AI, but other industries will open up by virtue of necessity. If they don't then employers will be forced to have a certain amount of staff for their level of income. Why? Because jobs = money, money = jobs. There will not be a factory producing things if people are not buying them.

Of course the change could be more dramatic where money is no longer the motivating factor for doing something, or work becomes something for the collective rather than the individual, but that takes a certain level of idealism or imagination that I do not possess, or foresee in the medium term.

*Also how likely do you think it is people on mass will want an AI doctor? I really don't see it, that's an incredible leap of trust. Maybe the AI can present options to the doctor at a click of a button.

Edited by BlueOak

They've been talking about computers making humans obsolete for around 70 years (like nuclear fusion and space colonization), but it hasn't happened. I'm not worried about it. This sounds like the latest round of the same old hype, fear-mongering and technocratic dehumanization.

Just gotta say love the idea of having to make your meaning and value and a society that doesn’t impose one upon you.

I never put any value into value and it’s going to be interesting to see what’s valuable when there’s no labor economy.

On 09/01/2022 at 6:37 PM, integral said:

How will society/government look like when AI replaces all jobs

If you mean literally all jobs, then presumably that includes governments and CEOs too? The police and military? Artists and musicians? And if the AI is eventually so clever, it would allow itself to become like legal persons, owning property, their own money, and become consumers in their own right. 

I guess what I'm getting at is asking whether we will always be able to control the robots as our slaves, or if at some point they may be able to develop independent minds, will power and sense of self, to start desiring freedom. Maybe not for 500 - 1000 years, but forever is a long time. At the moment this is science fiction luckily. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)