10 Reasons to Stop Smoking Pot

16 posts in this topic

Love to know what you think

I know pot works for some people.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art Great video! I had a few smokes 3 yrs ago and it took me awhile to unfog. Then about a year ago I had 2 mushroom trips and could tell the difference between the mushroom trips from the pot trips. My creativity sky rocketed after the mushroom trips and spiritual integration went much smoother. Yes, those things can be used as an escape which defeats the purpose of spiritual evolution.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your feedback!

Noted on the Audio. I noticed that as well. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Wondering if the audio is too low to watch it? Should I re-upload it in your opinion?

◭"89"

Okay I re-uploaded it and it should be about 50% louder. That is all I am doing for it. Future episodes will be louder.

◭"89"

@Thought Art I love cannabis and most likely will never stop using. It enhances everything (for me) and has been incredibly helpful with my mental health, physical fitness and spiritual pursuits. I’m calmer, happier, more focused, and more grounded. I never got anxious, paranoid or couch locked. Instead I’m more energetic, more inclined to eat healthier and highly motivated. 

I realize this is rarely the case for most people but not me. Cannabis is my drug. Everyone who knows me is shocked that I’m a user. I definitely don’t fit the mold. I run my own business, am very responsible and have high levels of integrity. 

The only downside is cost. It is expensive ($400-600/month). But that’s nothing with what I save not using alcohol or taking prescription medication. 

Cannabis is the best thing that ever happened to me and changed my life (for the better). I started at age 29 and my life only improved since. 

So yeah, I’m the exception but I always get a chuckle when people demonize cannabis. Most people have little to no experience with it or how to use it in a safe and healthy way. It’s similar to people who take too many psychedelics and write them off as “bad.” It’s bad because you did it wrong. Like the people who eat an entire edible and freak the fuck out. Just stupid rookie shit 

@Meditationdude Not demonizing. Simply making a case for not using it. 

I think it’s alright if used sparingly and may work for some peoples life styles. 

but, smoking is bad for you. And it can be additive and I’m not convinced it doesn’t impair mental performance on some levels. It’s extreme Yin and causes mental fog, poor memory, confusion, anxiety for a lot of people. You can fully feel if you are baked all the time!

it has good benefits too, just didn’t talk about them here as my spiritual pursuits are moving beyond it.

Glad you found something that works for you ?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

What is pot? Is it different from weed?

Is it Marijuana or Cannabis?

Isn't it illegal in many countries?

@hyruga Pot is weed. It's legal in my country but probably illegal in others.

◭"89"

Edibles are an ideal alternative to smoking pot IMO, particularly if your aim is to incorporate THC into a lifestyle conducive to growth. Less intense of a peak , hence less "burnout" effect imo...more consistent throughout the day. Just better!

Still, it is not easy at all retraining the mind to use it as a continuous source of motivation and inspiration , rather than succombing to "couch potato syndrome" . But I swear it's worth it. With cannabis you can learn to have fun and be fully present in everything you do, laborious or otherwise .                                                                                                                                                  However I suppose the training wheels gotta come off sooner or later, no? I currently struggle with this aspect                                                                              

Edited by pfletcha

5 hours ago, pfletcha said:

Edibles are an ideal alternative to smoking pot IMO, particularly if your aim is to incorporate THC into a lifestyle conducive to growth. Less intense of a peak , hence less "burnout" effect imo...more consistent throughout the day. Just better!

Still, it is not easy at all retraining the mind to use it as a continuous source of motivation and inspiration , rather than succombing to "couch potato syndrome" . But I swear it's worth it. With cannabis you can learn to have fun and be fully present in everything you do, laborious or otherwise .                                                                                                                                                  However I suppose the training wheels gotta come off sooner or later, no? I currently struggle with this aspect                                                                              

Oh man, I find edibles can five you some of the worst burnouts….

◭"89"

I don’t do an all or nothing approach with these things. 
I see people smoking weed everyday, and I do see the negative side effects from this on them a bit (brain fog and paranoia etc) 

but every once in a while it is fun. I’ll maybe smoke once every 3 months and then have some funny chats with close friends, can be hilarious or deep, but always a cool thing. I remember some great times in a recording studio making music with friends smoking weed, it was a cool time 

i think weed can be a nice experience when used every once in a while 

1 hour ago, Thetruthseeker said:

I don’t do an all or nothing approach with these things. 
I see people smoking weed everyday, and I do see the negative side effects from this on them a bit (brain fog and paranoia etc) 

but every once in a while it is fun. I’ll maybe smoke once every 3 months and then have some funny chats with close friends, can be hilarious or deep, but always a cool thing. I remember some great times in a recording studio making music with friends smoking weed, it was a cool time 

i think weed can be a nice experience when used every once in a while 

I agree

◭"89"

@Thetruthseeker Thanks, 

Youtube is a hobby for me. Way to share my contemplations and take part in community.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"