Vivaldo

What's your biggest regret?

46 posts in this topic

Not taking advantage of any social opportunities in university/college

I spent ~3 years of it in a mediocre relationship doing nothing socially, and the remaining year was fucked up by covid

I ended up leaving having not connected with a single new person at uni in 4 years. Don't be like me

47 minutes ago, something_else said:

Not taking advantage of any social opportunities in university/college

I spent ~3 years of it in a mediocre relationship doing nothing socially, and the remaining year was fucked up by covid

I ended up leaving having not connected with a single new person at uni in 4 years. Don't be like me

it could have been worse.

you could have parties a lot in uni, then get addicted to opiates at a college party.

and now ask people for a buck. feeling agony when you don't get your dose.

Edited by PurpleTree

9 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

it could have been worse.

you could have parties a lot in uni, then get addicted to opiates at a college party.

and now ask people for a buck. feeling agony when you don't get your dose.

Or I could have more friends and far better social skills

Like 90%+ of people who party in uni don't end up addicted to anything or ruining their lives, they have a great time, make friends and let loose

Also who takes opiates at a party? Is that a thing anywhere? It's mostly coke + weed I see and neither appeal to me at all really

19 minutes ago, something_else said:

Like 90%+ of people who party in uni don't end up addicted to anything or ruining their lives, they have a great time, make friends and let loose

Also who takes opiates at a party? Is that a thing anywhere? It's mostly coke + weed I see and neither appeal to me at all really

true you're right people don't take much opiates at parties aside from codeine maybe

see you're smarter than me, going to college and not partying a lot already paid out

well i just tried to cheer you up son 

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

true you're right people don't take much opiates at parties aside from codeine maybe

see you're smarter than me, going to college and not partying a lot already paid out

well i just tried to cheer you up son 

I know that's what you were doing, thank you :D

I'm just particularly bitter about this topic hahaha

17 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

@itachi uchiha ok bro 

I always feel like exposing such people and demonizing them would help me.... Do u think it helps?

wise people ignore them.wise people do not take revenge but use that energy to do something productive.all revenge can give u is some ego boost.but if someone committed a very very serious violation/devily against you and you cannot live with it , then by all means take revenge.but revenge begets revenge. if u revenge someone then someone else will take revenge on you. it is a cycle

17 hours ago, something_else said:

Same here. But I got a job as an English Teacher after I graduated and boosted my social skills tremendously. It wasn't easy by the way. It was agonising. But that is what it takes to better yourself as I did. I changed my personality and made myself a leader out of a scoundrel. It's not too late. Good luck, buddy.

P.S. I have no regrets. The things I did or have been done are in the past. I have the choice of learning from them and developing, rather than whinging about them.

Edited by Abdelghafar

I don't want to regret anything, what is done is done it's okay 

Unfortunately I regret a lot of things, but on the other hand I can't undo any of it so it's not worth feeling bad about it.

Just move ahead.

hrhrhtewgfegege

When I was little, I wanted to make videos. I never pursued it seriously. When I was a little older, I wanted to make music. I never pursued it seriously. I think both of those things are more in line with my strengths than what I'm currently pursuing (I'm more artistic than intellectual), and maybe my life would've been more fulfilled in that sense, but I also think that I wouldn't have discovered spirituality at the crucial time that I did, which considering my mental state prior to that, right now I would most likely still be addicted to drugs and have contracted a psychotic illness, and just generally exist in deep existential despair. I used to regret these things more before, fearing that I've wasted my talents, but I like to think that this timeline has much more in store for me.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

not striking when the iron was hot for my business. i was very early to a market and the market ended up getting very saturated and competitive. missed out on a ton of potential and time. lesson learned 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Would you guys mind to elaborate more on why you regret those things? Like what they lead to? In my case, it was hurting more after longer time of commitment to toxic relationships, and also just suffering from not being truthful for a long time. But then it helped me to understand some stuff about myself too, which I am grateful for.

I think you can have regrets whilst also not wanting to change a thing about the way things unfolded

In truth I regret everything about my life, circumstances of my existence, personality, environment, genes, etc 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Having a terrible diet

Not exercising, staying fit

Not socializing 

Not having a study ethic

Edited by Dryas

not knowing any of this earlier

taking misleading advices

not trusting anyone nor myself

Limiting my true potential for low stuff that don’t matter

downsizing myself

basing my real value on this world not on reality

not taking this work seriously

procrastinating

holding my true desires and replacing them with lower ones

giving up while under pressure

not combating difficult emotions

fearing thoughts that don’t exist

wasting my time

not being and doing

every moment I spent judging/hating

thinking I’m limited

blending in with an ignorant society

wasting my love on people who don’t appreciate it

not giving those in need

sitting on my ass so long waiting for a miracle when I’m the miracle

Wasting my time on thought

fearing religion

worrying about others opinions and thoughts

not taking care of myself and my vessels needs

letting my ego run wild and ruin things for me

living in fear

not appreciating love and life myself

thinking so much about what’s going to happen and not doing what I should be doing

not living in the now

not having a vision or purpose

spending time drinking and beating my dear consciousness

being a prisoner of the mind

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

On 2022-01-10 at 3:04 PM, Vivaldo said:

My biggest regret is also guilting myself

Also this alot

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

Also that 10/10 hottie (who everyone wanted attention from her) from uni who literally bent over infront of me like we're some Animals on National Geographic when I was doubting myself and thinking she’s out of my league when in reality it was the opposite

ayy lmao

~waveintheocean

On 1/9/2022 at 5:11 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

My two biggest regrets are not getting a 4 year degree after high school and taking too much ecstasy in my early 20's. 

@Flowerfaeiry Why the regret on the degree? I did a similar path and never even graduated high school but I think I made the right choice. Curious about your thoughts on it. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3