ZenSwift

Define "breakthrough".

42 posts in this topic

Awakenings are a subset of mystical experience. Mystical experience is a more broad term which covers all sorts of trans-materialistic experiences like visions, aliens, angels, devils, religious experiences, out of body, astral, etc.

All awakenings are mystical experiences but not all mystical experiences are awakenings.

Many religious people have mystical experiences but they do not awaken from the dream nor realize themselves as God. It's easy to get lost in the content of mystical experiences (like seeing an angel), whereas awakening cuts through all content (the angel is realized to be one's own Mind).

Awakening is the trump card. It answers EVERYTHING.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is it easy for you to distinguish what experience is an awakening and what is just a mystical experience? I have become directly conscious of a few of the things you talk about in your videos, such as realizing reality is a dream, and I've never experienced any visual content or angels or anything like that, but i'm still not sure if that would be considered an awakening or not, because people said above that awakening is specifically a realization into the nature of what you are. 

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

Breakthrough means literally what it says. You break through things/boundaries you thought were unbreakable before.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

to breakthrough is to break through a problem that you were facing, that is a breakthrough, a normal breakthrough, not a metaphysical breakthrough.

I assume that the type of breakthrough you ask about is the metaphysical/ existential type, 

its the same, you break through a problem that you were facing, with a teeny tiny difference,

before you break through the problem that you were facing,

before that,

back up a bit;

imagine that you were blind that there was a problem to begin with, so nothing required to be broken through, no problem, nothing to break through, right?

WRONG

a metaphysical break through is when you break through an "invisible problem", 

The problem was already there all along too you, but you were blind to it, its a problem that was invisible to your human eyes. so when the breakthrough happens, there is a relief that something has been fixed, tension relieved, invisible problem that was invisible to my eyes, has appeared, then solved, and has disappeared.

Answer me this:

can you say, that you have solved anything, if you have a metaphysical breakthrough? ?

Edited by Mosess

3 hours ago, Mosess said:

can you say, that you have solved anything, if you have a metaphysical breakthrough? ?

:D

if there are three apples on a tree, one is eaten by a bird, one is eaten by a worm and one gets eaten by a deer after it fell to the ground. if you can calculate that, did you have a metaphysical breakthrough?

if you are still hungry, could you say you solved anything?

Edited by mememe

9 hours ago, Consilience said:

Was this interpretation wrong?

All Im asking is do you think meditation doesn’t take you to this “next level”?

If meditation could do what psychedelics could, I’m sure no one would even bother with seeking out psychedelics for spiritual work. But I’ll have to experiment to truly find out .. I know I do see many on the forum that discourage the use of psychedelics, but I’m quite skeptical of that assertion..especially those who have no direct experience of them.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Many religious people have mystical experiences but they do not awaken from the dream nor realize themselves as God.

Not only religious people, but also Buddhist, New Agers and Neo Advaita people. Many actively avoid the idea that could ever be God.

7 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

but i'm still not sure if that would be considered an awakening or not.

Then it wasn't awakening.  You'll know.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

How do you define it? What is it that you're breaking through? What is it that you are breaking out of? 

If you asking about enlightenment, it is realization of the truth. No more questions left because there is no such a thing as question or matrix, you are home as always been, and nothing has never happened. 

7 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

Is it easy for you to distinguish what experience is an awakening and what is just a mystical experience?

If you are talking about enlightenment, realization of there will be no you to get enlightened or there is no such a thing as enlightenment and that’s enlightenment. When there is no question left, it was realized. So there will be no you to ask any question and there is no such a thing as question. Game is over. 

When it's obvious that the place where you are, is not somewhere you arrived at -- it's where you came from. Sort of. It's not a place you go to from here, it's where you never even really left from.

13 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

@Leo Gura Is it easy for you to distinguish what experience is an awakening and what is just a mystical experience?

For me it's pretty easy/obvious.

The best way I can put it is: it feels like you awoke from a dream.

I have become directly conscious of a few of the things you talk about in your videos, such as realizing reality is a dream, and I've never experienced any visual content or angels or anything like that, but i'm still not sure if that would be considered an awakening or not, because people said above that awakening is specifically a realization into the nature of what you are. 

It sounds like an awakening but it still lacks the depth, fullness, and clarity that is possible.

You just need discover more facets to the awakening. This will make it fuller and you will realize what you are.

You're definitely on the right track. Keep going.

@Leo Gura okay I think most of what I have experienced are lighter forms of awakening then. Pretty much everything I have become conscious of has felt like awakening from a dream in one way or another, and a lot of what I have experienced you talked about in your 'many facets of awakening' and 'what awakening feels like' videos. I've also experienced a lot of mindfuck and feeling like ordinary reality as I know it is just gone.

I think what made me unsure was just that they weren't overly strong, because I expected awakening to be something completely mind shattering and super intense like what people describe on psychedelics but I guess those are just stronger forms. I wasn't sure if the lighter forms I have experienced were even considered awakenings at all or just mystical experiences.

By the way, I wanted to thank you for everything you've done - I'm 21 and I've been watching your videos for a few years now, and they have completely transformed me and the direction I want to take my life. I've become extremely passionate about inner work/spirituality, I've been meditating an hour a day for 2 years now, I took your course and found my life purpose, and overall I have gained so much amazing wisdom from your material which has allowed me to really have my priorities straight and be on track to creating an amazing life, which I probably would have spent chasing money before.

Because i'm still young I still have a career to build and other things to do so I can't go all out on spirituality yet, but I definitely plan to in the future. I know one day I will reach that full God realization and experience infinite Love, which I know is the highest love that you want for your followers. I can't wait to see what i'll be able to do with my life and also the kind of impact i'll be able to have on the world myself, all because of you and your videos, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

33 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

I expected awakening to be something completely mind shattering and super intense

It is stronger than you can imagine... if you get a full dose of it.

The radicalness of full awakening cannot be measured on any human scale of comprehension.

"

I went into a seemingly timeless cognitive delusion where I was the creator of everything that ever was, ever has been, and ever could be. I was, without a doubt, the all-powerful god and could cause life to exist with my imagination. After I imagined myself into existence multiple lives of eternal bliss, I got more adventurous. I imagined into existence more ridiculous scenarios of how far I could go from god. I gained an immense amount of satisfaction by tricking myself into believing that I was not god. I loved making myself worship myself, argue about myself, live for myself, and kill for myself. I did this repeatedly because the moment that I became god got so much funnier the deeper from god I went. I imagined billions of universes into existence and every single one of them was exactly how I wanted it to be—the perfect mixture of pain, pleasure, and humor. I made it all into a cosmic joke.

As the creator of this cosmic joke, my jokes were both sadistic and masochistic in nature. I was responsible for billions of years of pain, horror, and destruction. I used them as plot devices for my jokes. These concepts had no emotional attachment at the time due to my strong feelings of duality. I tortured myself billions of times for the sake of a laugh. I wanted to experience all there was to experience—even pain. I created existences for myself in which I suffered from deliberating mental disorders and mental retardation. I knew that nothing could ultimately hurt me in the end. I had no choice but to use pain and pleasure equally. It was as if all of existence could be divided into two equal parts—the yin and the yang, the good and the evil, pain and pleasure, everything and nothing, life and death. I made all of my universes with this duality in mind. I warped the yin and yang into as many ways possible, but I made it satisfying and humorous too. I plotted my universes to the smallest detail on the cellular level.

It was a cosmic game at best, but a game worth playing to the ends of infinity, no matter how terrible it appeared to get. I had designed it this way myself in advance and was not afraid to live all of its existence. I had made it absolutely perfect for myself."

https://m.psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Experience:150mg_MDMA_%2B_20mg_2C-B_-_I_designed_it_this_way_myself

@tedens this reminds me a of an Alan Watts talk. Exactly the same idea. 

Very insightful piece. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

"It's all just me"

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"