ZenSwift

Define "breakthrough".

42 posts in this topic

I'm always hearing "I broke through on x psychedelic", but what does "breakthrough" actually mean? 

I looked up Google's definition: "a sudden, dramatic, and important discovery or development." 

How do you define it? What is it that you're breaking through? What is it that you are breaking out of? 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

*This...is...it* :o-_-^_^

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

When you trip so deeply that you forget you even had a human life prior to this trip.

When the impossible becomes your new reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

*This...is...it* :o-_-^_^

Yeah, Like: You Will Know For Sure. Its Like Your Head Hitting Hard On The Anvil. Its Impossible To Deny Something With That Level Of Truth.
It Completely Replaces Beliefs, Assumptions And Thoughts Regarding The Thing You Break In To: With Direct Experience. Its Absolute.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

When you trip so deeply that you forget you even had a human life prior to this trip.

Sounds like a good time. I look forward to it. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a good one actually... 

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Best psychedelic for this? I love my meditation, but ready for the next level.

breakthrough is when you're so high that you fall through a window

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

breakthrough is when you're so high that you fall through a window

Not proper protocol... 

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

You think meditation doesn’t do this? 

Any psychedelic can do it at a high enough dose.

Just be careful what you wish you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Consilience said:

You think meditation doesn’t do this? 

Where in my previous post did I mention what meditation didn't do for me?

Unlike others, I'm not going to close the case on spiritual practices I have yet to experience (in this case psychedelics).

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Any psychedelic can do it at a high enough dose.

Thanks Leo.

4 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

I'm always hearing "I broke through on x psychedelic", but what does "breakthrough" actually mean? 

A shift into Infinite Consciousness.  But you can breakthrough via meditation as well, or spontaneously.  However it seems for the average guy with "normal" genetics, psychedelics have just the thrust they need :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Where in my previous post did I mention what meditation didn't do for me?

Right here:

2 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

“Best psychedelic for the next level? Even though I love meditation, psychedelics are what I need for the next level.

Was this interpretation wrong?

All Im asking is do you think meditation doesn’t take you to this “next level”?

Unlike others, I'm not going to close the case on spiritual practices I have yet to experience (in this case psychedelics).

By all means, explore psychedelics!

I feel like this is an appropriate thread to ask this, can someone please explain what the difference between an awakening and a mystical experience is? I have had direct experiences of multiple things like reality being a dream and solipsism and other things. I just consider them mystical experiences because they don't feel overly deep but I’m not sure at what point I could consider something an awakening.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

1 hour ago, Tristan12 said:

I feel like this is an appropriate thread to ask this, can someone please explain what the difference between an awakening and a mystical experience is? I have had direct experiences of multiple things like reality being a dream and solipsism and other things. I just consider them mystical experiences because they don't feel overly deep but I’m not sure at what point I could consider something an awakening.

An awakening is becoming directly conscious of What you are. You awaken from the dream of being human.

A mystical experience is any experience that shatters materialism, you become aware that physical reality is not physical, but you don't necessarily become conscious of What you are.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

6 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

An awakening is becoming directly conscious of What you are. You awaken from the dream of being human.

A mystical experience is any experience that shatters materialism, you become aware that physical reality is not physical, but you don't necessarily become conscious of What you are.

That's one one to frame it for sure.

Awakening to what one is can also be quite mystical and becoming conscious of the nature of physical reality is an awakening when the lack of separation between physical reality and self is seen. 

@Gili Trawangan I've heard Leo talking about having multiple awakenings or being due for another awakening on a meditation retreat or something like that, and I always assumed that awakening meant any kind of mystical experience, just becoming directly conscious of something, but you're saying that an awakening is specifically a realization about the nature of what you are, is that correct?

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Tristan12 Yes, that's correct.

But like @Consilience said, it's just one way of framing it, after all these are just definitions and concepts.

From my experience, an awakening has a very specific flavor, it's a "holy shit, This is what I am!", without any doubt; and it's a mystical experience as well, of course.

But a mystical experience without an awakening is more like "holy shit, what's going on?", there might be confusion there, or complete absence of mind, or deep peace, or any other freaky stuff.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions