Late Boomer

Aschford Conformity Study shows how groups influence perceived reality

12 posts in this topic

I came across this watching the Heaven's Gate documentary.

https://youtu.be/NyDDyT1lDhA

It explains what they did, and how it could be any of us. Reminded me of Leo's video about the Social Matrix. We see what we think we're supposed to see.

5 hours ago, Late Boomer said:

and how it could be any of us.

Could?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Could?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Well, most of us won't end up in a suicidal flying saucer cult. I don't think... 

If you're not going "holy shit" with realizing the level of depth that the social matrix influences your perceptions, I'd argue you have a wake up call headed your way.

Study how language alone, the words that you know and don't know, is what precisely allows you to think certain thoughts. If it's not in your vocabulary, you can't even THINK it. You can't even conceptualize it. It's 100% outside of your awareness, completely blind. 

This is apparently how North Korea controls their people: by limiting the WORDS they're allowed to use. Imagine banning all the words that would be used to cause a revolution up against you. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

wonder how i would have fared in this test

as i'm often a "against the grain" guy even in class etc.

but that's probably just my ego thinking i'm a special chocolate chip cookie

Duplicate comment. I don't think my smartphone browser likes this site.

Edited by Late Boomer
duplicate comment

@ZenSwift

I've accepted it at this point. It felt like a shocking revelation when I watched the Social Matrix video, but after reading some Jung and listening to Alan Watts I was like yeah, this is known. I can now see it happening everywhere.

Of course I still have that question in my mind: what else am I not seeing? 

One thing it has done is make me more empathetic including for people I dislike or have to oppose. It eliminates that you "disagree because you're a bad person" dynamic. 

It does feel a bit isolating. I've tried telling people about it and I get pushback just like Leo predicted. People look at me like I'm from Mars. Online, people immediately turn it into "you're condoning evil." Your credentials are questioned. 

Also makes me rather sad for the human race. Outlook is poor. Something else I can't get people entertain is Dunbar's Number, the theory that humans can only form stable relationships with approximately 150 people. It's something I'd prefer not to believe, but if true I'd like to look for workarounds, because it has grim implications. But solving the problem might not be possible with the internet the way it is. 

At least it feels good to not have to be a misanthrope, which can be tempting. 

8 hours ago, Late Boomer said:

Well, most of us won't end up in a suicidal flying saucer cult. I don't think... 

Something like the Catholic church, or MAGA, or Incel stuff is about as bad.

2 hours ago, Late Boomer said:

Duplicate comment. I don't think my smartphone browser likes this site.

@Late Boomer yeah on mobile I cannot delete a quote box or an @user

@Leo Guranot sure if you're aware of this problem. Maybe a "clear all" button? An "undo" button as a workaround? Maybe just fixing the root problem with the coding? 

Edited by ZenSwift

@Late Boomer take time to integrate the insights and ramifications so deeply that you actually learn how to love and appreciate reality as it manifests. 

If you can't appreciate something in reality, then you simply don't comprehend and understand it deeply enough. 

See Leo's video: "Comprehension has many degrees" where he lays out a model.

Your lack of nuance in understanding the intelligence of the design of reality holds you back from loving reality as it is. 

I'm working on this stuff myself! <3 

23 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

@Late Boomer yeah on mobile I cannot delete a quote box or an @user

@Leo Guranot sure if you're aware of this problem. Maybe a clear all button? An undo button as a workaround?

You have the ability to "hide" your own posts. This makes them invisible to the public.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have the ability to "hide" your own posts. This makes them invisible to the public.

What does this have to do with the request?:P

By the way, I have the same problem.

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/