PurpleTree

Why do some people believe all the govt says and some believe all "conspiracies"?

6 posts in this topic

Why do some people believe everything the govt and media say? Let's call it the official narrative for the lack of a better term (which i think is dumb)

Some people believe some of what the govt says, question some of what the govt. says and believe some "conspiracy theories"? (which i think is better)

And some people believe all "conspiracy theories" and there's no getting out of it (which i think is dumb)

now obviously dumb and better are just thoughts and i'm not saying i'm right

but it is interesting.

People have tried to convince me of the craziest theories and imo why would you even go so deep into a theory. You can never fully verify it if you haven't seen it with your own eyes anyway. It's such a waste of time and energy. There was a time i was into theories, they can be fun for sure. I wanted to know who rules the world. And there are so many theories that after a while you just get a headache and say fuc* it i'm outtie peace.

Edited by PurpleTree

Collective Thought and Individual Thought

Individualism and Collectivism. 

Too much collectivism you can end up never questioning anything, going along with anything, sometimes at expense of the individual.

Too much individualism and you can form your own belief system or structure, that can appear completely detached from the collective, sometimes at the expense of the collective.

To integrate these two positions if you are heavily in one isn't always easy, they come with their own problems and challenges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectivism

But its a one path of spiritual development that some people consider very important. Eventually they can begin to overlap, because you are part of the collective and an individual. As an example, someone can blindly follow a belief system in either state of mind. 

What is the difference?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

What is the difference?

Eventually none.

Our ideals and beliefs are often skewed to one or the other. We operate without thinking from that perspective. It frames our existance and life, all our responses, boundaries, ways of interacting etc.

20 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Why do some people believe everything the govt and media say? Let's call it the official narrative for the lack of a better term (which i think is dumb)

Some people believe some of what the govt says, question some of what the govt. says and believe some "conspiracy theories"? (which i think is better)

And some people believe all "conspiracy theories" and there's no getting out of it (which i think is dumb)

now obviously dumb and better are just thoughts and i'm not saying i'm right

but it is interesting.

People have tried to convince me of the craziest theories and imo why would you even go so deep into a theory. You can never fully verify it if you haven't seen it with your own eyes anyway. It's such a waste of time and energy. There was a time i was into theories, they can be fun for sure. I wanted to know who rules the world. And there are so many theories that after a while you just get a headache and say fuc* it i'm outtie peace.

It's a social dynamic. People don't really believe anything anymore, they are just conforming to whatever their social group wants them to conform to. Because conspiracy theorists are in an opposing social group, you really, really don't want to be identified as a conspiracy theorist. If you believe in a conspiracy theory, you will be one of them, and your social group will ostracize you.

The same dynamics play out with the conspiracy theorists. If you believe anything the media tells you, you are a soyboy cuck sheep who is a slave liberal pedophile supporter.

Glory to Israel

On 8.1.2022 at 2:43 PM, Scholar said:

The same dynamics play out with the conspiracy theorists. If you believe anything the media tells you, you are a soyboy cuck sheep who is a slave liberal pedophile supporter.

Every political group/ideology has it's conspiracy theories not just conservatives.