Thought Art

20 Reasons To Forgive Yourself

20 posts in this topic

20 Reasons To Forgive Yourself

Love to know what you think. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Forgiveness comes from the heart, not the head.

Reason and logic is a function of the head, love is a function of the heart.

We forgive ourselves and others by simply seeing the innate goodness in all beings, despite our negative judgements about what we should and should not have done.

A sound principle: we all act out of good intentions, no matter the circumstances and outcomes.

4 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Forgiveness comes from the heart, not the head.

Reason and logic is a function of the head, love is a function of the heart.

We forgive ourselves and others by simply seeing the innate goodness in all beings, despite our negative judgements about what we should and should not have done.

A sound principle: we all act out of good intentions, no matter the circumstances and outcomes.

Love it, keep them coming.

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Love it, keep them coming.

I just realized the person in the video is you! :D. Kudos to you creating your own platform man, all the best.

One of the most amazing insights that I ever had was the realization that there is literally nothing to forgive. Like, it's actually not possible to forgive anything, because there just isn't anything which could be forgiven!

In that moment, I realized what religion is really pointing to when it mentions God's eternal forgiveness... all of your 'sins' are forgiven the moment it is realized that there simply is no such thing as a sin.

It's pretty mind blowing stuff when this dawns on you.

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus ahah yeah. I’ve had this realization as well. ^_^

◭"89"

Great video!

Btw I didn´t know you had a channel. Suscribed!

In my personal, what has helped me the most, is realizing ALL has been a chain of casualities, from being 0 years old to now. That makes me feel the same with everybody, it heals me a lot.

◭"89"

This is only a play, but it writes sins, not tragedies... in a sense ?... But all sin is merely ignorance (knowing something which is not true). Step into the “light” of non-ignorance and all sin is already forgiven because there was no sin to forgive.

Good video, i like it, but i got some critics on the subject

a "reason" is not a stable enough object to maintain a stable relationship with yourself, in other words, it is based on a condition. 

I forgive my self because reason X.

If reason X is removed, we can say that you are now fucked, again, you hate your self, because, the reason in which you established a loving relation with yourself has not been met. why would i love my self when the only reason i did so in the first place was because of reason X? Now that X is gone, why would i love my self? there is no reason too.

Forgiveness based on a condition or reason, is not forgiveness, it is bullshit. Chasing your own tale

i think what you address in the video is good, However, i think that it could address more deeper aspects of the problem

much love

Edited by Mosess

@Mosess I agree with the critique for the most part.

At the same time saying to someone “Just unconditionally forgive yourself” all by itself isnt enough. Examples are really useful and it wasn’t intended to be reasons like…

I forgive myself because my shirt was blue… but now that it’s red…

I think my examples were more objective and existential things that aren’t going to be taken away but are pointing to truths of reality something which I’ll talk about soon… that there’s nothing to forgive and you are already forgiven forever. 

My examples aren’t ever going to be taken away from you though… I am working to share aspects of that unconditional forgiveness. 

There are layers, aspects, nuances of forgiveness as well. A lot of spiritual people believe they should be unconditionally forgiving but that isn’t realistic for many of us.

I personally think finding reasons to forgive yourself is useful. If you wanna really experience total self forgiveness maybe try a psychedelic. 

Even mystical insights require some form of rationality when applied to our lives. 

That will be a future video I’m gonna studying and speaking about forgiveness for years to come. Good feedback!

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art THank you for the great video! Thought this picture is a good demonstration for point 7 - the collective aspect of forgiveness 

FB_IMG_1637857447082~2.jpg

Nice affirmation for contemplation: "I forgive myself for having forgotten who I am."

On 1/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

One of the most amazing insights that I ever had was the realization that there is literally nothing to forgive.

This nails it.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

God saw through my eyes every time I cheated. I forgive myself.