Loving Radiance

Avoidance of truth video - What does it cost me to avoid insanity?

23 posts in this topic

I listened to Leo's recent video The Avoidance Of Truth - Why You Fear Truth.

He said that there's a cost with avoiding truth and denying reality.

Whenever I become conscious of my body being the same as this table etc I feel like loosing my mind. This happened alot in the past 3 months when in contemplation and trance. It is very much the same state like on mushrooms, of seeing no difference between anything. There's a recognition that if I would lean more into that then I would be again insane like in my trips. I want to be sure that my body is functional/surviving, and I imagine that there is no difference between functional/surviving and unfunctional/not-surviving in that state.

What is the cost of me believing to be sane?

Perhaps recognizing the duality of sane & insane? But at what cost?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Loving Radiance i didn‘t watch that video so i‘m not sure if we are talking about the same table.

but if you do that contemplation next time, sober if possible, while integrating your senses to the experience. if it needs to be a coffee table, maybe you could empty it, turn it around, and disassemble and reassemble it. you can have coffee afterwards and loose your mind in a peace of cake if you want to, if you want to with some cbd involved for the nerves. please don’t loose your mind over a coffee table except if it is a really amazing construction.

Just now, Loving Radiance said:

@mememe There's nothing in particular about a table. I meant not only a table but all of "physical reality".

and what about the difference between functional/not surviving and unfunctional/surviving? did you also think about that?

@mememe  It is a fundamental assumption that this duality is real. Edit: Be it functional/unfunctional or sane/insane.

That is the question, what does it cost me to believe this duality to be real?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

2 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@mememe  It is a fundamental assumption that this duality is real.

unfortunately in a lot of cases not. you just want to assemble it correctly. lol

17 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Edit: Be it functional/unfunctional or sane/insane.

That is the question, what does it cost me to believe this duality to be real?

+sanity

and maybe in a more spiritual sense, duality of any kind might cost you oneness.

I had some similar experiences like that when I was neurotically trying to get enlightened through psychedelics & strong determination meditation. I pushed it more and more, as if eventually I'd have a breakthrough and embody Truth. Then, one day it happened. I cracked open the fabric of reality. I was in that state 24/7. I had transcended the Matrix. And I wasn't even using anything nor meditating anymore. I felt like I was everything.

I reached a point where I thought I could read people's minds, because I was so attuned with the field of energy. Biggest BS of my life, and that lead me to some of the most cringest situations of my life.

Bottom line is, the only thing I attained was madness and had to go on antipsychotic medication. Nowadays, whenever I start feeling disconnected from my body, I go do something else. That's why I also don't meditate anymore (I do Tai Chi instead). 

My questions are: If you feel like you're losing your mind, then why do you keep doing those practices? Do you think it's healthy?

one day this will all be memories

50 minutes ago, kag101 said:

If you feel like you're losing your mind, then why do you keep doing those practices? Do you think it's healthy?

Without reading what you wrote before I think it's not healthy. With your experience in mind I'd say that I shouldn't not go further even though I imagine that for me there would be no "me" to believe that I can read people's minds. I imagine it would be just without control and seeing no difference between a fork and a salat.

58 minutes ago, kag101 said:

I felt like I was everything.

I reached a point where I thought I could read people's minds, because I was so attuned with the field of energy

Super interesting how the mind imagines that.

Life Purpose journey

1 hour ago, mememe said:

+sanity

and maybe in a more spiritual sense, duality of any kind might cost you oneness.

Hm yeah, oneness seems not attractive to me atm. For now I'm fine with that cost and tbh even relieved.

Life Purpose journey

@Loving Radiance hope you find back your senses.

practical approaches are really good for any „matrix“ related issues. really, take something veg not meat from the kitchen, put it under a glas and wait until it stinks, then you cut it open and ask yourself, who would construct it that way for any reason? and why are two not the same? and don’t eat it.

realize, you can’t eat a fork - even if there are probably eatable forks already. and your salad does not grow in the kitchen drawer.

touch as many materials as possible. do as many practical works as you can. leave the house more often. no psychedelics for time being - and if the distortions go on, meet a psychologist/psychatrist who has experiences with psylicibin induced issues, maybe also with gestalt psychology.

Edited by mememe
dots instead of questionmarks

Before one studies Zen, mountains are mountains and waters are waters; after a first glimpse into the truth of Zen, mountains are no longer mountains and waters are no longer waters; after enlightenment, mountains are once again mountains and waters once again waters.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

The truth is we are all made of energy. It can be any form: potential energy, kinetic energy, chemical energy, light energy, sound energy etc...of course when you take psychedelics, you are going to experience some forms of waves and particles and that we are all one 'energy'.

But it doesn't really matter anyway. Another truth is we will all physically die within the next 150 years...probably within 100 years.

Well, at least part of the energy will be converted to other forms when you die.

3 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@mememe Thanks for the suggestions :)

Why that is particular?

because gestaltpsychology is part of perceptual psychology and if you confuse a salad with a fork maybe there would be an answer on how to change that back in perceptual psychology - maybe it’s reversible, at least s*he could explain what’s going on.

Edited by mememe

Hi @Loving Radiance

You really don't have a choice to create the illusion of separateness. If you're experiencing at all what I've been experiencing, concepts, labels, judgements, and separations have been loosing grip over you over time. In a few months from now, you'll be completely immersed in a deeper oneness than you thought possible. If you try to fight it and create the duality, you'll suffer.

I understand the strangeness of the realization that "no one's there", but ask yourself, who is there to judge the strangeness of this situation as a bad thing? Nobody!

I have an uncomfortable sensation when I "merge" with everything if the experience is only a visual or mental one. The more in touch you are with the senses of touch, smell, and sound, I think you'll find the experience more pleasant, at least i do. Also get in touch with beauty, gratitude, and bliss by learning to fill yourself with these emotions at will.

Right now you're asking what you need to "do" to "manage" your awakening. Stop listening to those thoughts and enjoy the experience.

"A bottomless pit is the safest place to fall into" - Sadhguru

@kag101 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, kag101 said:

I had some similar experiences like that when I was neurotically trying to get enlightened through psychedelics & strong determination meditation. I pushed it more and more, as if eventually I'd have a breakthrough and embody Truth. Then, one day it happened. I cracked open the fabric of reality. I was in that state 24/7. I had transcended the Matrix. And I wasn't even using anything nor meditating anymore. I felt like I was everything.

I reached a point where I thought I could read people's minds, because I was so attuned with the field of energy. Biggest BS of my life, and that lead me to some of the most cringest situations of my life.

Bottom line is, the only thing I attained was madness and had to go on antipsychotic medication. Nowadays, whenever I start feeling disconnected from my body, I go do something else. That's why I also don't meditate anymore (I do Tai Chi instead). 

My questions are: If you feel like you're losing your mind, then why do you keep doing those practices? Do you think it's healthy?

Yeah same thing happened to me! I was conscious of the field itself, "thought" was no longer personal, Its terribly challenging to live in that state when thoughts seem to be shared, because people can still react to the thoughts you have if they have a personal bias against it. If its oneness im curious how thats suppose to work if there can still be opposing biases? Its like there are degrees of Oneness maybe? Any insight into this?

Focus on the solution, not the problem

1 hour ago, Kamo said:

If its oneness im curious how thats suppose to work if there can still be opposing biases? Its like there are degrees of Oneness maybe? Any insight into this?

Without bias it wouldn't be Oneness.

Life Purpose journey

this sensation of losing your mind in the ego fighting to not lose control over you. It’s scary, but it’s just that.