Ross G

Feel Like I Am Losing My Passion

4 posts in this topic

Hey,

I am an 18 year old guy from the UK and I have this issue...

So, I am a music student (In college) and soon to be moving on to University (maybe). I sing and play guitar, which I have been doing for about 4 years consistently,  and I joined a music college because I strongly feel (or used to feel) that this was what I want to do in my life. My problem is that I have been slowly losing my previous love for music as of late,  which worries me because I was pretty convinced for the past 4 years that I wanted to make a career out of it. I'm pretty confused actually, since I have been really been focusing on music and nothing else, making me think that this was what I want to do with my life. I'm not sure why I have lost my passion for it all of sudden. I know I'm fairly young, and I'm worried that I may have to do something else and fast, just so I don't piss away my life. As for doing other things, in all honesty, my only passion is for playing guitar, singing and performing right now. I guess that having only those things can be good, so I can just focus on them, but it also leaves me in this predicament...

Any advice? And thanks.

well, it is normal to get bored sometimes even to your passion.

the motivation will come back at some point if it really is your passion

@Loud1 you are a human being but you are limiting yourself to be just "something". in this case, a musician.

life will always invite you to become more virtuous. be fully human.

then maybe you'll be able to become a musician.

unborn Truth

@Loud1 As you go through different stages in your life, you will come to like different things, some more than others and some you just no longer feel a passion for any more. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be fashion designer and in my teens I studied it and worked in the industry and realised after all those years of loving fashion and designing, I just didn't love and value it as much. I then got into graphic design because I love working on the computer and designing websites but after a few years that wasn't making me money so I decided to study Law and work in a law firm for 5 more years. After that I found not purposeful (it didn't make me truely happy and I was slaving away making good money but working for someone else). 

I soon feel in love with people and helping them, started my own coaching business and I have never felt more fulfilled in my life. I love what I do and I plan to be doing this and building my business for the rest of my life. Same with relationships and most things in life, you have try different things till you finally find the one thing you have fallen in love with.