Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildcattt555

Drugs are bad, mmmkay

11 posts in this topic

Hallucinogenics mimic one aspect of liberation, the “reward” from the perspective of desire and craving…  The fleeting sensory experiences that aren’t even valued that highly , let alone stressed as an end in itself.    When legitimate schools use the term enlightenment, it is/was more like a bench mark than an experience to strive for. 
when *they didn’t  need food or sleep because they had insulated  the body and mind from those core needs, or were able to build up a physical and mental strength that allowed for these needs to be disregarded for long periods of time.  “ they then have enlightenment experiences.”   IT IS THE BUILDING UP OF THIS STRENGTH WHERE YOU “DO” EVERYTHING THAT IS POTENTIALLY VALUABLE.  Learning about your mind and body , and how they function against the constraints of nature in a very deliberately intense fashion.   It’s honestly not even like taking a helicopter to the top of the mountain. That’s a really poor analogy that people like to use. Doing drugs is like doing drugs. Accept it. 

I don’t even think most people realize how crazy it is to consider yourself enlightened without some sort of ascetic practice. Or really any discipline whatsoever.   LETTING GO OF ATTACHMENTS, is a literal physical phenomenon, it’s not some trite little thing to contemplate when you are high out of your mind.   when you are high, you feel transcendent because you have manipulated your neurotransmitters to mimic a state of complete comfort /ecstasy / joy and liberation from yourself and the world. This is the exact opposite of a “ spiritual practice , and it is literally having the exact opposite effect of becoming liberated.   It almost guarantees you will never undertake a legitimate effort at any true practice. 

people really need to accept the world as it is, and stop pretending that they have a way around thousand year old eastern truth.  You aren’t God. You are in a decaying body.  Unless you ACTUALLY discipline yourself to lose attachment , you aren’t doing anything.    The suffering will come raining down in buckets because not only do you have all the same fears and desires as everyone else , the drugs are shielding you from very fundamental realization , and causing a delusion that you have Already transcended everything.    

people still do legitimate shit, honestly do you think they are they wrong? to fast and constantly meditate and abstain from earthly comforts for years at a time? Are they misguided while Leo has this life hack in a pill or tab that grants you easy access into that experience? It’s a joke.  They haven’t heard of the new variant of dmt at the ashram or something lol
Why even use words like enlightenment and “ god realization.” Why aren’t you all talking about Terrence McKenna. Leo is really a *version of him more than a conventional spiritual teacher.   Stop with all the talk about enlightenment long enough to realize how laughable it is from a grounded “ traditional “ perspective. 

Edited by Wildcattt555

9 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

I don't know what the fuck you are on about

The many topics like” I am the perfect embodiment of god”…. The general belief  that drugs are good for spiritual development 

I disagree with those sentiments and ideas   

Edited by Wildcattt555

Oh yeah, Aztec Mysticism must be full of shit. I mean, they use substances since hundreds of years. Hello?! If the insights are coming from substances, I don't want them. I'd rather stay ignorant and dense.

Oh wait, food is also a substance and has an impact on my mental state. Huh. Maybe I should quit eating all together.

26 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

The many topics like” I am the perfect embodiment of god”…. The general belief  that drugs are good for spiritual development 

I disagree with those sentiments and ideas   

i don't think people use cocaine for spiritual development

16 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Oh yeah, Aztec Mysticism must be full of shit. I mean, they use substances since hundreds of years. Hello?! If the insights are coming from substances, I don't want them. I'd rather stay ignorant and dense.

Oh wait, food is also a substance and has an impact on my mental state. Huh. Maybe I should quit eating all together.

yes exactly.  In your mind, the “ insight “ is the whole thing.   That’s my point.  An insight , or an experience is not the goal in a legitimate practice.  It’s your goal, because you likely can’t commit to any real discipline.  And no, food doesn’t get you high. And Fasting is not the same as “quitting food.”  I can’t think of any religion ( including mystical extensions )that doesn’t include fasting practices.  You can’t seem to concede giving up anything. Just gimme the drug and my insight !

and I’m not discrediting those CEREMONIOUS drug practices. But it’s Funny how you use an extinct people to make a point. How much could you actually know that?  I don’t think the general idea of what you are referencing aligns with “ enlightenment “ and god realization  in the way it is used on this forum though.   

Edited by Wildcattt555

2 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

An insight , or an experience with is not the goal in a legitimate practice.  It’s your goal, because you likely can’t commit to any real discipline.

Awakening is neither a practice nor a discipline. There's also the subtle implication that you need a practice to get something out of the practice. But you can't "get" awakening. That would be spiritual ego.

And no, food doesn’t get you high.

I get high on nothing. Trippin' balls sober.

5 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

You can’t seem to concede giving up anything.

I deliberately choose to give up my mental diarrhea.

9 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

i don't think people use cocaine for spiritual development

True I meant mostly psychedelics , but coke is good for realizing that the greatest feeling in the world can be completely hollow. I realize that statement is subjective. Most drugs make u feel pretty good 

8 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Awakening is neither a practice nor a discipline. There's also the subtle implication that you need a practice to get something out of the practice. But you can't "get" awakening. That would be spiritual ego.

I get high on nothing. Trippin' balls sober.

I deliberately choose to give up my mental diarrhea.

Yeah you are right about awakening I guess, that’s why I said enlightenment or god realization.   Anyone can have an awakening.  Mooji has meditations that will put you in a pretty crazy state of awareness that could be deemed awakening, where you’re kind of asleep but detached and conscious.  Don’t know how valuable they are.   My post is more about the irony of enlightened god realized beings who suffer immensely and have no recourse other than drugs.  Or the need to come back to drugs after becoming enlightened.  Just blatantly contradictory statements if we use conventional definitions for those terms.  How do you get high while sober btw? Exercise meditation or sleep deprivation can all give me a little high, but nothing like drugs ?

Edited by Wildcattt555

How do you get high while sober btw?

Alignment. :)