integration journey

enlightenment intensives?

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried those intensives?

There is one later this year in the US, it's for three days but it's online and it's like 600 $ or something 

If it was in person, I would seriously consider it but I don't know if the online experience is as profound.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paying 600 bucks to do what you can do for free is foolish. You can sit down on your cushion, right now, and begin practicing for free. Also, there is no such thing as an 'enlightenment intensive'. There are meditation retreats and psychedelic retreats but 'enlightenment intensive' is a completely made up term. Spirituality, like religion, has parts of it that prey on the naïve and what you're talking about here is one of those places. You do not need to spend 600 bucks for a 3 day online meditation retreat. Enlightenment is not something that is going to happen in 3 days, or 3 weeks, or even 3 lifetimes for some people. The best thing you can do at this point is find a zen teacher that is close to you (even if its a long drive), who is a part of a proven zen lineage and go to this Teacher and ask for practice instruction. It is worth a long drive, it is a worth a short flight if necessary. The early days of your practice are critical because if you do not find good information in these times, you will spend years going around in circles chasing your tail. Goodluck 

@integration journey I have attended several EI's, and I have staffed another.  There are very few things that I could recommend more than an Enlightenment Intensive.  It is a very powerful retreat with the potential to transform your life; it did mine.  

However, I would not recommend attempting it online.  I don't believe you could replicate the "container," as they refer to it.  You need the environment that is curated for the intensive.  I would wait until you could join one in person.

@tlowedajuicemayne  I got interested in  enlightenment intensives after looking at @Leo Gura booklist.

I talked to the facilitator of this intensive on zoom and she said she spent 13 years in a zen monastery and she seems to understand awakening and things like that. We talked for about 2 hours

@Shambhu Thank you for the feedback , the facilitator told that from the past two years, there has been good feedback from doing it online but in person is of course better I think

I've done an in-person enlightenment intensive as well as online one. I'd say that both were just as powerful (given that I lived alone during the online one and there was nothing to distract me). Yes, I recommend enlightenment intensives very much.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I’ve heard good things about the finders course, not sure if that is one.

13 minutes ago, Raze said:

I’ve heard good things about the finders course, not sure if that is one.

That's something different.  I've heard mixed reviews on the Finders course.  Reddit has lots of info on it.

@integration journey I've only done 1 and it was 14 days. Extremely intense work but stupid effective but also stupid difficult... :D I don't really think it would have been as effective online. Part of the transformative process was sitting in the presence of another face to face. Staring into another's eyes like that is extremely opening and transformative in its own way. I feel that some of the "juice" would be missing if it was online. That said, I've attended multiple meditation retreats online all of which have been phenomenal. I believe because meditation is more of a personal journey than the CCE's during a E.I., it goes more smoothly online.