MovForward

cause of suffering

10 posts in this topic

do we suffer death cause we have been told or are expected something from other people?

or that we have to achieve something? or that we think we are special?

or does our suffering end when we realize that we or i don't matter?

Suffering is largely self inflicted. The way we perceive  our lives and the lives of others is at the heart of human suffering.

Some suffering is cognitive other is physical and energetic. Get them all in order and you are free

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Suffering is part of life. You can accept it, or resist it. Neither is right or wrong, it depends on the outcome you are looking for.

Suffering begins when thought falls into a glitch, where it creates a thinker and a thought, and creates space between them. 

This is why you say "I have thoughts" it's really thought mistakenly creating space from itself. 

This is known as self referential thinking, when thought attempts to somehow create a self and thoughts that this self has, it's impossible. 

And thus, like the resistance when forcing two magnets with the same poles to connect, this is a similar feeling with the attempt to create a self and observe that self, and there's suffering. 

To put it simply: you cannot actually create a self or self image, it doesn't work, and therefore you feel a "blockage", like somethings just off. 

I think that not a thoughs but resistance is responsible for suffering. You can be without a though and still resist something and suffer for it. I think its not even limited to ego. Resistance alone is what cause suffering in my observation. And even deeper i think it is probably consequence of duality itself. Duality itself is in a sence some kind of bias or you can say resistance of a unity. As soon as you have duality you have some tension and i think it is a price for existence of finite form, the ultimate karma.

2 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

I think that not a thoughs but resistance is responsible for suffering. You can be without a though and still resist something and suffer for it. I think its not even limited to ego. Resistance alone is what cause suffering in my observation. And even deeper i think it is probably consequence of duality itself. Duality itself is in a sence some kind of bias or you can say resistance of a unity. As soon as you have duality you have some tension and i think it is a price for existence of finite form, the ultimate karma.

There is no absolute when speaking about something this broad. How many changes in your life have you accepted and they've been difficult for you? Caused a bit of pain, discomfort, suffering etc?

There are plenty of examples of people accepting things and still suffering or resisting it and eventually benefiting.

Homelessness, health, poverty, violence, abuse etc. In some of these cases you are completely powerless, and accepting that can for example save you a beating in the moment from an abuser who is twice your size, or allow you to go through treatment for a debiltating disease more easily. In other cases, pulling yourself out of poverty, getting away from the abuse long term or seeking treatment ahead of time for illness, resisting the natural course of things can save you suffering. 

Its always going to come up, then there is a choice to resist and perhaps change it, or accept it and allow it to happen without resistance. Which in the case of other things like living in a different ideology, a change in the workplace, cultural shifts, technological shifts, a family members temperament etc, can still cause suffering for you but accepting it can be more beneifical, or resisting it to carve a niche in business for example can create opportunities that weren't there before.

7 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

There is no absolute when speaking about something this broad. How many changes in your life have you accepted and they've been difficult for you? Caused a bit of pain, discomfort, suffering etc?

There are plenty of examples of people accepting things and still suffering or resisting it and eventually benefiting.

Homelessness, health, poverty, violence, abuse etc. In some of these cases you are completely powerless, and accepting that can for example save you a beating in the moment from an abuser who is twice your size, or allow you to go through treatment for a debiltating disease more easily. In other cases, pulling yourself out of poverty, getting away from the abuse long term or seeking treatment ahead of time for illness, resisting the natural course of things can save you suffering. 

Its always going to come up, then there is a choice to resist and perhaps change it, or accept it and allow it to happen without resistance. Which in the case of other things like living in a different ideology, a change in the workplace, cultural shifts, technological shifts, a family members temperament etc, can still cause suffering for you but accepting it can be more beneifical, or resisting it to carve a niche in business for example can create opportunities that weren't there before.

Nothing which would contradict what i said, you just added some complexity to it, offcourse its not binary and there are many dimensions to it.

suffering comes standard with the human. with language he creates a huge imaginary world of thought, past and future, concept and idea, and loses himself in it. To be lost in this world, attached to thoughts, is to a greater or lesser extent suffering. the vast majority of humans are immersed in this imaginary world and suffering. Getting out of this suffering is difficult, since it is the only thing you know, since it's the only thing that can be known. Any goal you set yourself to get out of this will just be more thought. here we are all for this: to get out of the mental matrix. it's not easy, but it's not impossible. The problem always is: you can't get out of the mental matrix because the mental matrix is you

Edited by Breakingthewall

If you are suffering it means God is calling you

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)