Myagooshki

To get the booster shot or no?

56 posts in this topic

I see no point because it will boost your antibodies for like 3 months. If you are young and healthy it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Half of my family got covid despite being fully vaccinate 5-6 months before. You can't prevent getting covid at some point.

I asked my doctor if  I should get a booster and he wouldn't recommend it.  He just said do what you want.   I don't know if getting continuous booster shots would be good for your immune system.   A lady I know didn't get vaccinated and was sick for 4 days and now is better.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Not getting boosted is no longer an option! Even if you don' t die or even hospitalized from being infected, you still to do our part to REDUCE THE SPREAD of this virus as much as possible by getting fully vaccinated then boosted.

@Katerina Riverside

welcome

to

the

forum!

On 1/5/2022 at 4:39 AM, Katerina Riverside said:

I personally look for health internally in my practises and dietary choices. I am getting my boosters regularly in ice cold water. Those are safe and effective and are boosting my health. My body, my choice. I am responsible for myself only (not for my fat&diabetic neighbour) and for my children. And after all I also may get sick, I am born free with a working immune system which I take good care of. I am allowed to undergo a sickness. Grateful for my body. That is the way I look at it. Everyone is to decide for themselves. Good luck with you decision. Much love. 

+1

On 5.1.2022 at 2:10 AM, Myagooshki said:

I got the first 2 doses but now I'm hesitant to get the booster. I know there's a lot of wrong information out there but there is also a lot of decent information out there. Obviously the government and medicine companies is being both shady and helpful in different ways. I don't want to argue specifics but more or less discuss ways to sift through information that I may come across and wonder what's important and what isn't. What's a more conscious perspective to take here? I don't believe that vaccine skepticism is pure stage orange mumbo jumbo, even if it is sometimes.

As usual, a lot of nonsense information here....

I cant remove the decision process, but I can give you some real data:
1) If you are young, healthy and already got 2 doses - then the booster will almost certainly not further decrease your chance of dying from Covid19.
2) Even if you get the booster, your infectivity will be almost back to normal in roughly 3 months. 
3) However, the vaccine seems to be (despite what all the sheeps who are biased as hell say) really safe! 
4) There might be hidden benefits to vaccination - some data suggests lower rates of long covid etc.
5) Omicron seems to be 90% less likely to infect the lungs than Delta (which decreases severe disease propability by a LOT!) 
6) Despite that, most of the patients in the ICU (80-90% in my country) are unvaccinated! 
7) Fewer restrictions (whichis a plus)!

Make of it what you want - this is the data we know right now

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 1/5/2022 at 10:38 AM, JosephKnecht said:

If they did work, why would you need a 3rd? 

At which booster would you admit that vaccines don't work? Pick a number? 10? 100?  

@JosephKnecht You don't think vaccines work? Lol... What?

I don't have any boosters and don't know that I will but The reason is simple. 1 works, 2 work better than 1, 3 work better than 2. Pretty simple really. What makes you believe they don't work?

Educate yourself on the differences between vaccines and immunizations. 

Edited by Adodd

Maybe this is the solution – a breakthrough in the tunnel vision of the technocracy.   A low-cost vaccine using older, safe, and proven technology.   I heard about this from a friend who didn’t take the vaccine, but said she is going to take this one.  

“When a new strain of coronavirus triggered the COVID-19 pandemic, Hotez and Bottazzi figured they could dust off their old technology and modify it for use against COVID-19. After all, the virus causing COVID-19 and the virus causing SARS are quite similar.”

"People were so fixated on innovation that nobody thought, 'Hey, maybe we could use a low-cost, durable, easy-breezy vaccine that can vaccinate the whole world,' " Hotez says.

“Clinical trials showed they were right to be confident CORBEVAX would work. An unpublished study conducted in India involving 3,000 volunteers found the vaccine to be 90% effective in preventing disease cause by the original COVID-19 virus strain and 80% against the delta variant. It's still being tested against omicron.”

“A Texas team comes up with a COVID vaccine that could be a global game changer”

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2477666102133/a-texas-team-comes-up-with-a-covid-vaccine-that-could-be-a-global-game-changer?noAds=1&_f=app_share&s=i1

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 hours ago, undeather said:

As usual, a lot of nonsense information here....

I cant remove the decision process, but I can give you some real data:
1) If you are young, healthy and already got 2 doses - then the booster will almost certainly not further decrease your chance of dying from Covid19.

9 hours ago, undeather said:

2) Even if you get the booster, your infectivity will be almost back to normal in roughly 3 months. 

Are these assumptions or is there data about this? 

4 hours ago, Opo said:

Are these assumptions or is there data about this? 

Thats my read on the first hand data including papers that are in preprint right now.
Might turn out to be imprecise, but its the best guess I can come up with after analyzing what we do know. 

I would advice most people to get the booster anyway since risk/reward is propably benificial for the vaxxed. 
Boosters in healthy children are nonsensical.
If you have any kind of comorbidity and/or >30 years of age: Take the booster! 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 5.1.2022 at 11:39 AM, Katerina Riverside said:

I personally look for health internally in my practises and dietary choices. I am getting my boosters regularly in ice cold water. Those are safe and effective and are boosting my health. My body, my choice. I am responsible for myself only (not for my fat&diabetic neighbour) and for my children. And after all I also may get sick, I am born free with a working immune system which I take good care of. I am allowed to undergo a sickness. Grateful for my body. That is the way I look at it. Everyone is to decide for themselves. Good luck with you decision. Much love. 

IMG_20220103_200210.jpg

@Katerina Riverside

Well it is not really your free descision because when Covid hits you really hard, you will expect society and it's hospitals to help you. And they WILL help you. You are not an individual, you are part of a society. Not taking the vaxx is anti-social because with your silly attitude you are causing the hospitals to get overly filled and now we have to endure stupid lockdowns to save people like you who habe childish beliefs of being an individual and to save the hospitals from overflowing...

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

5 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

@Katerina Riverside

Well it is not really your free descision because when Covid hits you really hard, you will expect society and it's hospitals to help you. And they WILL help you. You are not an individual, you are part of a society. Not taking the vaxx is anti-social because with your silly attitude you are causing the hospitals to get overly filled and now we have to endure stupid lockdowns to save people like you who habe childish beliefs of being an individual and to save the hospitals from overflowing...

nope

it's a free decision

5 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

nope

it's a free decision

It is based on a faulty belief of being an individual.

If you live in a forest and even if you get a deadly disease you won‘t visit hospitals or society, well then I agree - you can do whatever you want and die.

But people who post on this forum are not individuals. They are part of society. People who don‘t vaxx themselves are behaving in anti-social ways. They don‘t do it not because they are „evil.“ They do it simply out of stupidity and ignorance. Still their behaviour is anti-social and unacceptable from my perspective.

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

@Gregory1 according to you, it is anti-social to drink coca cola, eat fast food, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, drive a car for non-essential reasons, take any form of risk like climbing a mountain or other sports...

All these activities will affect society because society will have to help you fix the damage you may cause to yourself and others.

And yet, we accept that in a free society people must be free to make decisions.

Your paternalistic and authoritarian approach would apply to anything people do, and it leads to a society where safety is the new god. And when safety is god, life & freedom are dead.

On 6.1.2022 at 5:09 AM, Ananta said:

I did get the Moderna booster.

My husband is unvaccinated per his choice. The week of Christmas he got Covid, he spread it to my unvaccinated adult son, my son's unvaccinated GF and she gave it to her vaccinated, but no booster shot dad!

I didn't get it.

My husband no longer is taking Covid lightly (his own words), since he was horribly ill from it.

Nice study you made, it should be published in nature.com ...

There is data that supports the claim that 3rd dose helps a lot, most sick people in hospitals are either not vaccinated at all or do not have the booster

Moderna so far is one of the strongest vaccines but it is also the one which gives the strongest side effects for the jab. The main thing is the dosage. Its' dosage is 66% higher than Pfizer. 

W

On 1/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Gregory1 said:

This is way to simplistic.

First of all, there is no guarantee that a third dose has less risk to it compared to having COVID, or in particular Omicron, after two doses. If you are a healthy young individual you may be better off just having the virus at this point. In my country they don't recommend the vaccine to people under 29 who are healthy with no underlying diseases. That doesn't mean that they recommend not to take it though, but still, it is not as obviously preferable as you might think. 

And if we are going to take your collectivism a further step back: Why don't we give our third and forth doses to people in certain poor countries where 90% of people haven't even had ONE dose? A more even distribution of the vaccines has been praised by WHO for months now, and this is what will give us the best odds of getting out of this pandemic with the least damage.