Myagooshki

To get the booster shot or no?

56 posts in this topic

I got the first 2 doses but now I'm hesitant to get the booster. I know there's a lot of wrong information out there but there is also a lot of decent information out there. Obviously the government and medicine companies is being both shady and helpful in different ways. I don't want to argue specifics but more or less discuss ways to sift through information that I may come across and wonder what's important and what isn't. What's a more conscious perspective to take here? I don't believe that vaccine skepticism is pure stage orange mumbo jumbo, even if it is sometimes.

2 hours ago, Myagooshki said:

I don't want to argue specifics but more or less discuss ways to sift through information that I may come across and wonder what's important and what isn't

Look to people you trust for help with discernment around these questions. 

"You Create Magic" 

If you've already gotten 2, what is the issue with getting a 3rd? Because they are being annoying now?

hrhrhtewgfegege

No one has really come out with a legitimate reason to not be vaccinated. If there was a good reason to not get the vaccine then go ahead.

Thimerosal is found in some vaccines and you don't want that in your body, but we are in the middle of a pandemic and mercury can be detoxes, so in my opinion it's not even a good argument in this case.

My issue with the whole anti-vax movement is that they have bastardised insights from the field of mercury chelation (e.g. how mercury can cause an autism diagnosis), and the weaponised them to boycott all vaccines. This is a very simplistic way of looking at the topic.

I personally look for health internally in my practises and dietary choices. I am getting my boosters regularly in ice cold water. Those are safe and effective and are boosting my health. My body, my choice. I am responsible for myself only (not for my fat&diabetic neighbour) and for my children. And after all I also may get sick, I am born free with a working immune system which I take good care of. I am allowed to undergo a sickness. Grateful for my body. That is the way I look at it. Everyone is to decide for themselves. Good luck with you decision. Much love. 

IMG_20220103_200210.jpg

9 hours ago, Myagooshki said:

I got the first 2 doses but now I'm hesitant to get the booster. I know there's a lot of wrong information out there but there is also a lot of decent information out there. Obviously the government and medicine companies is being both shady and helpful in different ways. I don't want to argue specifics but more or less discuss ways to sift through information that I may come across and wonder what's important and what isn't. What's a more conscious perspective to take here? I don't believe that vaccine skepticism is pure stage orange mumbo jumbo, even if it is sometimes.

my take is, u have taken two doses and that would be sufficient for now. I only took one dose of pfizer #this depends on ur age and health conditions tho. 

there are many rumors and they should have some truth to them. so,suggest u to  do ur own research in to this. 

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

8 hours ago, Roy said:

If you've already gotten 2, what is the issue with getting a 3rd? Because they are being annoying now?

If the first 2 didn't work, why do you think the 3rd one will work?

@Myagooshki Boost yourself with cherries and bananas. Ultimately, you decide what you want to put in your body. 

2 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

If the first 2 didn't work

They do work and they DO help, just not to the degree of most peoples unrealistic bad faith expectations.

"Oh it didn't literally make me perfectly immune and to all future mutations, I guess it's completely pointless."

That is the general feeling running through your brain right now, and maybe you should be honest about it.

What did people honestly expect? We had the first major pandemic of this lifetime that spread rapidly across the glove and disrupted everything, of course they are going to rush to make a vaccine as fast as they can. Fast work is fast, but also not ideal. However, there was also no alternative.

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Roy said:

They do work and they DO help

If they did work, why would you need a 3rd? 

At which booster would you admit that vaccines don't work? Pick a number? 10? 100?  

You are only boosting your pride to believe you can control nature. Nature controls you. ;) 

13 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

At which booster would you admit that vaccines don't work? Pick a number? 10? 100?  

You are only boosting your pride to believe you can control nature. Nature controls you. ;) 

to be fair flu shots are also needed every year/season (never got one though)

but the booster thing is the biggest reason i haven't been vaccinated yet

i've seen it coming from israel and thought no thanks, how many boosters are you guys going to take? israel is on the 4th

but if i travel i'll have to be vaccinated anyway

Edited by PurpleTree

58 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

So any pill that you need to take more than one of is what, fake? 

I am unironically starting to feel like antivaxxers are mentally challenged. 

If eating food worked, why would I get hungry in 5 hours? 

Edited by Opo

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Fast work is fast, but also not ideal. However, there was also no alternative.

there is medication though

9 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

there is medication though

I'm sure there is plenty of medications that can help, I was more implying the large scale responses to contain the virus, like lockdowns. But from what I've learned even if they could worked and attempted to implement more serious, frequent lockdowns, people simply wouldn't have followed them after a while.

The virus of stupidity is unfortunately just as rampant as Covid.

We were meant to suffer this pandemic. "God's plan."

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

I'm sure there is plenty of medications that can help, I was more implying the large scale responses to contain the virus, like lockdowns. But from what I've learned even if they could worked and attempted to implement more serious, frequent lockdowns, people simply wouldn't have followed them after a while.

The virus of stupidity is unfortunately just as rampant as Covid.

We were meant to suffer this pandemic. "God's plan."

i thought pandemics are exciting like in outbreak or contagion

but rather they're the most boring thing ever, they don't even let me in to the sauna nor the library now :P 

a pandemic of schmocks

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i thought pandemics are exciting like in outbreak or contagion

but rather they're the most boring thing ever, they don't even let me in to the sauna nor the library now :P 

Don't worry with how much we're raping nature I'm sure another one is in the pipeline for us.

If you do any research on past pandemics and the issues with growing anti-biotic resistant pathogens, we actually got off lucky with Covid. This is easy mode in terms of pandemics.

hrhrhtewgfegege

18 minutes ago, Roy said:

Don't worry with how much we're raping nature I'm sure another one is in the pipeline for us.

well i hope not

but i'm sure there are some/many people who do hope a real bad pandemic comes and wipes out all the vaccine hesitant

if you do hope ill on people guess what the karma joke's on you :P 

9 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

but i'm sure there are some/many people who do hope a real bad pandemic comes and wipes out all the vaccine hesitant

When the delta variant came there were horrific videos in India of streets filled with people laying on the floor with not enough energy to move. A lot of them kids. People screaming in front of hospitals with no one to help because there were just too many of them. Them burning the bodies because they couldn't dig enough graves... 

When I showed that to my antivax family member they said that those things are normal in India and moved on. 

A lot of those people are too far gone. 

@Myagooshki  I guess we're in the same boat. I'm keeping my third one off for as long as possible. The gov might make it you need the third to do anything in life so I will decide then if I take the third. From what I read the virus is mutating left and right now so we might get some more "boosters." But I'm saying this because I am healthy AF, if I wasn't I propably would take the booster.

Don't get it unless you need to for pragmatic reasons i.e. get into social venues or it's mandated at your work environment. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I did get the Moderna booster.

My husband is unvaccinated per his choice. The week of Christmas he got Covid, he spread it to my unvaccinated adult son, my son's unvaccinated GF and she gave it to her vaccinated, but no booster shot dad!

I didn't get it.

My husband no longer is taking Covid lightly (his own words), since he was horribly ill from it.

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?