Sine

WaveInTheOcean has died

62 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, vizual said:

I really wish people would be careful while trying to find the 'Truth', especially when psychedelics are involved. Because your insights can be completely misinterpreted which can slowly send you in a downward spiral toward depression and suicide. You can go on train of thought which goes only one direction, which is down.

It's important to stay grounded in reality. Make sure your insights actually have some kind of basis and fundament to it. Take baby steps, don't try to aim for full enlightenment immediately. It's like when people just learn to drive they immediately want to drive a sportscar with 200horsepower and test its limits, while on drugs.  The chances if you getting hurt are extremely high.

Cross-check your insights with other experienced and grounded people. And if you feel you are on a downward trajectory, seek real help.

+1

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

It's important to embrace reality. Suicide does not lead to truth. A lot of users confuse Mahasamadhi and the concepts of infinite consciousness with death and try to bypass life to get to it. That's an error. 

His posts remind me of Soonhei. 

RIP waveintheocean. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I don't know what to say during times like these; I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. :( 

I always think of this song when a forum member dies.

candle-fire.gif

Edited by Loba
So sorry for your loss. :(

Rest in Peace. Very sad and unexpected. His messages were always very wise and helpful. 

I’m sorry to hear this.  So sorry for your loss @Sine

WaveInTheOcean had a lot of insightful things to say about psychedelics and through his trip reports.  I liked reading his posts.  He was a kind, gentle soul.

His trip report was one of the most beautifully articulated posts I've ever had the pleasure of reading, I think about it all the time, what a wonderful person he must have been. Heartbroken for you @Sine, sending lots of love. I'm honoured to have shared his profound insights with people, he messaged me and said he was so over the moon to see that his words had deeply affected people. I imagine he was a magnificent & insightful individual.

@Sine My heartfelt condolences for your loss? may his soul rest in peace??

Also that track by Jon Hopkins is mesmerisingly beautiful by the way, in a way I can sort of feel his presence whilst listening to it, soaking it in has deeply moved me and I feel like I have connected profoundly with Waves' soul after experiencing that. Much love & God bless.

I can feel your pain although I never spoke to this user. 

His unexpected death reminds me how little sometimes we know about the people around us, what demons our family, friends. other people we're interacting with might dealing with.

It's a reminder that also the people who seems like their shit is handled and look so integrated might suffer the most, very deeply and have some internal pain, conflicts and misery that they rarely dare to show or speak about.

It reminds me that eventually with all spirituality we all people in a physical body, we all suffer, we all have issues, human beings have issues. Even if they our teachers or/and leaders. Even if they look so calm and centered, even if they look so wise and smart.

We shared quite a few nice moments on here. He seemed like a very cool, joyful and loving guy. I loved interacting with him.

I did not know him irl, but man, it's so hard to believe... 

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Much love and respect.

There have been quite a few suicides in this forum. Rather worrying.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

He was last active here October 11th.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

There have been quite a few suicides in this forum. Rather worrying.

It's not a good thing, but it also shouldn't be shocking. Any place where people are seeking serious help and answers to extremely difficult personal problems, some of those people will up grappling with suicide.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Be at peace brother, hope you are at a better place now. 

I remember his posts back from 2016 when there were only a few people on here.   We interacted only on a few occasions but I held him in very high regard. This is crushing news. Wishing my condolences to his family,. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Wow such a shocking news..

This guy was super interesting and shared here some great gems.

Stay strong?

This is actually quite upsetting cause now I remember reading one of his threads where he managed to explain the experience of god realization so vividly that It brought tear to my eye. 

Made a video about it too. "It's just all God".

This really makes me think how nothing is certain. Deep condolences. Nothing is certain. 

12 hours ago, vizual said:

Let's not sugarcoat this by saying 'oh he willingly and gracefully left this plain of existence so he could experience eternal bliss'. No that's nonsense, he killed himself because he was in hell and saw no other way out. He was drowning in his own misery and thought psychedelics and non-duality was his way out. It wasn't. 

I feel bad for him, very bad. And he won't be the last. Because non-dual teachings are not geared toward leading a happy and fulfilling life. You aren't going to magically 'ascend', that's just ego illusion.

Well put. Non duality is a pretty awful conceptualization of truth anyways to follow, especially if you are looking for healing and psychological well-being. I would even choose a religion over the non dual circle jerk. Almost everyone I’ve spoken to that’s super deep into it doesn’t seem happy or very fulfilled at all in their life. It’s dry and overlooks a vast amount of terrain and mystery and joy possible through spirituality and relationships. I wish this person was able to find the help they needed. A lot of people don’t have the support and grounding around them and it’s very unfortunate. I feel bad for their family.

Edited by Lyubov

WaveInTheOcean, rest in peace??...

My condolences to you and to all of his family and friends...

?️