lmfao

Why do so many people believe in re-incarnation on this forum?

67 posts in this topic

People have had past life regression memories but those could have all been made up, or arbitrarily pulled from some collective consciousness

I've had an experience of "The Void" before a couple years ago, and at that time my reflection was that even if Nothingness is immortal, that says absolutely nothing about what I've come to know as myself or my current sort of experience 

I understand that there's a mystery about what happens after you die but that's the extent of it 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

At the most basic level, if a dream popped up once, why couldn't it happen again? I mean seriously... What is more likely, the 0.00000000(to infinity)1% chance that you managed to spring into existence and it's a one and done deal, or that the same mechanism where you spontaneously appeared could happen again? There's also apparently objective data giving authority to the idea of reincarnation - children recalling specific details of past lives, or how their last life ended and the researchers being able to verify that information. Overall, my thinking is why wouldn't it happen again if it already happened once?

At a higher level, there is no reincarnation. The flow of experience just flows. To suggest there was ever a "life" that was "incarnated" to begin with is a misperception of perception. Therefore, when the physical body dies, this says nothing about the flow of experience already present and the fact that this flow of experience is utterly independent of the physical body. Nothing actually dies, just changes. 

Edited by Consilience

All that "reincarnation" means is change of form after (supposed) death. That's it. So either there will be a change of this apparent form at some point, or there won't. What do you think?

(And if your answer is that future, change and form are nothing but mental concepts, you get an extra cookie for being a good nondual boyscout. ;))

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

(And if your answer is that future, change and form are nothing but mental concepts, you get an extra cookie for being a good nondual boyscout. ;))

?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

No reincarnation. Just incarnation. Check it - a baby was just born, guess who the baby is? It's us, suckaaaa.

I've experienced being on the karmic wheel and could feel everyone and everything else alive in existence on that wheel-like thing.  Felt like I was always there and time was just going on without me, like I was stuck in the eternal present with everyone else, and we just moved closer or farther from the center.

wheel_1__slider.jpg

il_1588xN.3196025954_khnk.jpg

If a human form die, the existence continues, that means the existence needs to transform to something else and thats  basicaly what reinacarnation is

7 hours ago, Consilience said:

At the most basic level, if a dream popped up once, why couldn't it happen again? I mean seriously... What is more likely, the 0.00000000(to infinity)1% chance that you managed to spring into existence and it's a one and done deal, or that the same mechanism where you spontaneously appeared could happen again? There's also apparently objective data giving authority to the idea of reincarnation - children recalling specific details of past lives, or how their last life ended and the researchers being able to verify that information. Overall, my thinking is why wouldn't it happen again if it already happened once?

At a higher level, there is no reincarnation. The flow of experience just flows. To suggest there was ever a "life" that was "incarnated" to begin with is a misperception of perception. Therefore, when the physical body dies, this says nothing about the flow of experience already present and the fact that this flow of experience is utterly independent of the physical body. Nothing actually dies, just changes. 

+1

21 minutes ago, Loba said:

I've experienced being on the karmic wheel and could feel everyone and everything else alive in existence on that wheel-like thing.  Felt like I was always there and time was just going on without me, like I was stuck in the eternal present with everyone else, and we just moved closer or farther from the center.

wheel_1__slider.jpg

+1

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

my stage yellow understanding of this,

Dr. Ian Stevenson's work! he has spent his entire life scientifically  documenting those who claimed past lives. and many near death experiences (NDE) reveal something about this model. and there are new-agey folks who make a living by reading past lives of people!

coming on to spirituality,

even Leo though not suggested directly, alludes to the past lives model in many videos. Osho and Sadhguru frankly claims this is to be the case! Eckhart  Tolle also hints on reincarnation.

There's Buddhist model of rebirth and karma .it is very similar to reincarnation in Hinduism and ,Jainism.  Sikhism  also adopts the  past lives model .In Jewish mysticism, the concept of reincarnation appears on kabbalah. there is also historical evidence which says that even Jesus taught reincarnation ,whereas these teachings were banned and bibles rewritten later on. 

maybe , these were independent findings. it is very possible that all the masters of religions came to the same conclusions after their own findings!

even after all those evidence, yess  it will still be hearsay as long as we have it in our direct experience!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

Allah originates the creation, then He will repeat it, then to Him you will be returned.

Everything indicates that human life is a learning process. reincarnation would be the logical step to complete the process. this is not to say that none of this is true, but it seems

10 hours ago, lmfao said:

People have had past life regression memories but those could have all been made up, or arbitrarily pulled from some collective consciousness

I've had an experience of "The Void" before a couple years ago, and at that time my reflection was that even if Nothingness is immortal, that says absolutely nothing about what I've come to know as myself or my current sort of experience 

I understand that there's a mystery about what happens after you die but that's the extent of it 

Ego=Life=Death=Reincarnation=Thought=Knowing=Learning.

God=Not knowing. 

Edited by Khan 0

There's nothing to believe in. You experience it or not. Until you experience you believe in this or that. Anyway, anything is possible for God, isn't it? To experience all possibilities, without excluding anything. Why? Because It is LOVE.

LOVE is not afraid of anything. Nothingness, everything, all possibilities which are infinite (Godel's Incompleteness Theorem:) are welcome.

"Everything you can imagine it's true" - Pablo Picasso

Because it fits so good with nonduality teachings ( You are god taking different forms)

There is no past nor future, so there are no past nor future lives. God is the eternal present. God is everything in the moment. "You" are everyone and everything. Sometimes we might notice this directly, but it's very rare.

Think of an X and Y axis (time being 'X'). In our natural state, we are all travelling along X (i.e. travelling in time). We are thus always passing by eternity, and don't generally ever notice it.

Perfect focus on the present moment (Y) allows us to dive into the infinite rabbit hole of eternity. In this state (achievable with meditation or with psychedelics) we become infinite. By way of a cliched (yet pretty good) visual metaphor, here's a Mandelbrot Zoom:

So, it's not that we reincarnate. It's that we already are everyone and everything. Sometimes the door of perception opens just enough to remind us.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

In an absolute sense, of course reincarnation is nonsense. Just as for example, rape is nonsense and impossible. Because we are all one and thus all have one will. So if one of us wills something, we all will it. And since you can't rape the willing, a logical consequence of that is that rape is utterly impossible. Likewise, reincarnation is also impossible because we're one(whereas reincarnation requires us to be many). But notice the perspective that believes in rape has relative validity because we're in a dream that depends on duality. Likewise, reincarnation may be valid in a relative sense, but it ultimately has to be nonsense. Because after all, if reincarnation is a real experience that just means it's something we're imagining anyway(just like all of reality).

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

For me personally, it's a couple of things: 1) Two spiritual teachers I have a lot of respect for, the Buddha and Adyashanti, have talked about how they saw many of their past lives after they became enlightened; and 2) I've been told about many of my own past lives by two people I trust and have a lot of respect for.

So I tend to believe in reincarnation, though I can't say that I know that it's a fact. I don't think it's especially important, either, I think life is all about this moment, right now, and obsessing about past lives can become just another distraction from what's really important.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

11 hours ago, lmfao said:

People have had past life regression memories but those could have all been made up

They are made up, just like memories from this life.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.