Leo Gura

What's Your Attachment Style?

138 posts in this topic

Dismissive/Avoidant

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Disorganized- thanks for sharing the survey and reading material. Very insightful for those of us on the spiritual path.

I dunno I heard about so much relationship material I've read and re-did the quiz so many times after implementing p.d stuff and working on my emotionality. (Couple of years back)

Secure I was avoidant before I worked on this a couple of years back...

Score Mother/CG1: Anxiety: 2.67 | Avoidance: 1.67

Score Father/CG2: Anxiety: 2.67 | Avoidance: 6.00

Score Partner: Anxiety: 3.00 | Avoidance: 1.67

Leo.PNG

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I got "Anxious/Preoccupied", doing a bit of self-psycho-analyzing - I guess even though I got everything I needed materially/emotionally and my parents were always there and provided for all my needs, I STILL feel a general angst and slight but consistent background paranoia. That I'm always doing something wrong, or I'm not normal.

Even though my past 3 relationships have been very healthy, I guess I just have low self-esteem even if everything seems to be going perfect.

Tis a curse.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Currently reading Attached by Levine & Heller, good read in this context, they talk about these attachment styles. 

I'm mostly Anxious/Preoccupied, but also have Secure features. Feeling needy af especially when starting to date someone and it doesn't go away by having more girls to give attention to. I crave intimacy, I'm over-sensitive to rejection and often worry about the state of the relationship. It's like I need frequent confirmation that it's going well. 

Anxious/preoccupied 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

I noticed these models were getting a ton of attention in the past years 

I got the attachment style secure. However, I felt like it's inaccurate to me because I don't socialize and express a lot of emotion to other people outside my circle, family and friends. I guess because I got most of my needs met, but not the higher needs. I also went fast with this quiz to answer as close to instinct.

Gonna be taking this quiz multiple times to be sure my attachment style is actually secure. Something's off lol.

Overall Disorganized/Fearful Avoidant
Got fearful-avoidant for both my parents, but got secure for my partner.

6 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I felt like it's inaccurate to me because I don't socialize and express a lot of emotion to other people outside my circle, family and friends.

But who really does that? I'm also not gonna express my intimate, deep emotions to people I only met 5 minutes ago.

Nice to see Leo posting about attachment styles.  I’ve seen a lot posted here from the girls on the forum before regarding this topic.  
It’s an important part of shadow work that shouldn’t be ignored.  Amazing if you can work on this area. best way to make yourself more secure is by being in a relationship with someone who has a secure attachment type.
basically secure people don’t freak out or feel uncomfortable dealing with a partner/friend who is anxious.  They are comfortable being a rock and grounded.  They also have strong boundaries so can handle these situations well. 

Edited by Pavement

:(-_- I already know this is an area I am working on and will be for the next 5-10 years.

"Every night a new lonely tower looking down at all the wreckage... and you say 'Maybe we don't deserve love...'"

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 7.39.45 PM.png

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Disorganized/fearful avoidant. Go figure. 

Screenshot_20220104-165825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ndm678

I am that I AM

Secure.

My issues don't have much to do with friends, family, and lovers. Or coworkers. Or people in general. 

Secure

brave_1tS546CvtT.png

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

attachment style.PNG

Both of my parents were absolute messes when raising me. These results show both dots on top of each other but I would say irl my mom is much more anxious with dismissive tendencies while my dad is on the extreme end of being both anxious and dismissive avoidant. (but at the same time I wouldn't characterize either of them as with disorganized attachment tbh). 

As for the partner section, since I've never been in a relationship I used a relationship I have with a couple of really close friends. I'm guessing the black dot is me regardless of who I'm dealing with in that case?

I know that a few years ago I was a mix between anxious attachment and dismissive/avoidant. In the last couple years I definitely leaned more towards the dismissive/avoidant. I would say that rn I'm mainly secure but in the last month or so I've been having these anxious spirals every now and then which I'm working on. The reason why I didn't score higher on the anxiety spectrum is because when I do catch myself on these spirals, I am pretty good at coping with them and I'm good at discerning the anxious thoughts and the reality of my relationships both through self reassurance and self soothing but as well as having conversations with others.

I feel like when it comes to healing issues with attachment styles that this can take a while and that there are lots individual nuances that can come into play regarding the different relationship dynamics that were present in childhood. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/