john1

What exactly is the "foundation" of life?

4 posts in this topic

Leo talks about building a foundation for your life, but what does that mean exactly? I've watched all of the life advice videos where he talks about the foundation, but I'm still confused.

Is it about building skills? making habits? self-education? life-purpose stuff? investing in yourself? reading? a mix of all of these?

Some clarification would be nice.

The foundation of life according to my opinion is to base your understanding on the following book

Mastery by robert greene

Mastery by georgw leonard

Tiny habits by bj fogg

Contemplate 3 min per day  every single day on each of these books.in 4 to 5 years u will get mind blowing results.and u should do these for the rest of your life.if u stop doing it then u will lose touch with these books and u will not be able to apply it daily

Edited by itachi uchiha

@john1

5 minutes ago, john1 said:

Leo talks about building a foundation for your life, but what does that mean exactly? I've watched all of the life advice videos where he talks about the foundation, but I'm still confused.

Is it about building skills? making habits? self-education? life-purpose stuff? investing in yourself? reading? a mix of all of these?

Some clarification would be nice.

IMHO,he might be pointing to the foundation of life needed for pursuing spiritual higher order needs as a human. 

without a foundation , spiritual work will most likely make us stumble or even to end up worse. say we don't have a healthy body , spiritual work cannot get u far without them.

also, the basic foundation IMO is a life that has satisfied at least the basic needs of Marslow's hierarchy. with it, we can move up to higher ideals!

much love!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

Imagine your dream life. Do it more than once and with a journal or something. If there's something that obviously needs radical change/shift in direction i'd say that's an issue of foundation. example: You're missing a degree, aren't working toward mastery in a necessary skill, are sticking badly in one aspect of life for example romance or work-life, you're unhealthy, you are paying a bill or living in a city or working a job that is sucking your energy or time or whatever way more than it's feeding you (and not a specific stepping stone toward your dream life), etc. the foundation is the vision i'd say.. and a strong mindset, and then basically praying hard for your vision and mindset to become clearer and more actualized. Good luck making decisions, experimenting, continuing to envision, challenging your negative beliefs/laziness/fear etc. time for massive action