Tim R

Poll: How much do you practice meditation?

Meditation practice among form users   48 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you practice meditation?

• I don't meditate (regularly)
    • Less than 1h / day
    • 1-2 hours / day
    • More than 2 hours / day
    • Multiple hours, integrating many forms of meditation

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

By meditation, I don't just mean sitting meditation, it can be any other form, walking, lying, eating, whatever. 

The poll is anonymously.

Currently doing about 1 hr of fire kasina per day with breath meditation/Ānāpānasati throughout most of the day, especially when I’m at work or around other people. Fire kasina is done now while maintaining Ānāpānasati most of the time. Once first jhana is reached, the focus of the meditation switches to noting and increasing the factors of the jhana. 

Spiritual Practice Vlog #1 — Breath Meditation (Anapanasati) (audio only)

Spiritual Practice Vlog #2 — Breath Meditation ~45 min. (Anapanasati) & Fire Kasina ~50 min.

Both videos recorded in the past 4-5 days. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I've been meditating for about a half an hour a day for 5 months - since I got out of the hospital, to work on increasing my concentration.  It is going well, initially ten minutes was very hard for me, but now I can meditate for 30 minutes without too much trouble - albeit some monkey mind for sure.  Usually, I feel wrapped up in an almost dark green-like space - and just the experience of being alive, it brings awareness, intelligence into my life that I didn't imagine was possible.

I'm not perfect at it though, and tend to sway a bit as I meditate and can't sit perfectly still, but I let go and naturally, with my hands clasped, it turns more into a prayer - gratitude for living, and I send loving energy to my soul group and to Kali, the Wolf - through this bhakti yoga - and just breathing becomes a sacred experience.  If you're not meditating regularly, I recommend it, it really helps.

Kudos to those of you meditating for hours on end, that's amazing, I wish I could do that.  Maybe someday.

No meditation for the last 10 days. Been suffering from flu. Before that I used to meditate for 10 minutes barely. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

34 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

No meditation for the last 10 days. Been suffering from flu. Before that I used to meditate for 10 minutes barely. 

Wow, I have a flu to since a few days...@Preety_India

Never had a flu for years:(

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Just now, Gregory1 said:

Wow, I have a flu to since a few days...@Preety_India

Never had a flu for years:(

Same here. It is so annoying. Drinking citrus juice helps. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.