DavyTee

I don't get it

20 posts in this topic

OK I get it but I don't get it. I understand the concept behind ND but can't see how it makes you happy or at peace. 

There's one missing piece from the puzzle I'm just not getting. I've watched all of Leo's vids many times and also Rupert Spiras. I've done self enquiry and all the other meditations that go with it. Unfortunately being in the UK I've no idea where I would get DMT from to experience that side of it, So... 

How does knowing that there is only Awareness make this character Davy Tee happy ?‍♂️

Edited by DavyTee

I don't get it
How could it be?
If I'm sitting at home, but I'm inside the screen
But you're not you
You're your digital you
Virtually real, but controlled by real you

29 minutes ago, DavyTee said:

How does knowing that there is only Awareness make this character Davy Tee happy ?‍♂️

Knowing that there is only awareness kills the notion of davy tee, hence davy tee is not unhappy, not seeking happiness, not happy, not this, not that, not not not.

Be cause there is only awareness you see

there is no davy tee, only awareness / of davy tee and some other delusions

@DavyTee

51 minutes ago, DavyTee said:

I understand the concept behind ND but can't see how it makes you happy or at peace.

Because it's not the concept behind nonduality that can make you at peace. The concept behind nonduality isn't nonduality - or should I rather say, it is nonduality, but you're confusing the concept for nonduality instead of seeing that nonduality is also the concept. 

What you think nonduality to be, is not nonduality, is what I'm trying to say.

There's one missing piece from the puzzle I'm just not getting.

Or maybe you just think that. You think that in order to understand nonduality, there's some missing piece you still have to "get".

No. Get rid! of the damn puzzle pieces.

And when there's no puzzle left, nonduality will be plain. 

It doesn't!!

So liberation from Davy Tee the reflection of consciousness and not being attached, trapped or identifying with that reflection and knowing what it is will bring peace, gotcha ?

8 hours ago, DavyTee said:

I understand the concept behind ND but can't see how it makes you happy or at peace. 

Nonduality is not about happiness or peace. Nonduality is about Truth. The truth shall set you free, but it wont make you happy. 

Happiness and peace are emotions experienced by the self. self, happiness and peace only exist within duality. After happiness comes sadness, then happiness comes again. After peace comes war, then peace comes again.

The best thing to do is to minimize your suffering, such that any future disturbances to your inner peace are mere scuffles, rather than full blown wars.

I recommend studying the 4 nobles truths, eightfold path, and the 3 characteristics of Buddhism in addition to Non-Dualism to help bridge the gap.

11 minutes ago, TreyMoney said:

Nonduality is not about happiness or peace. Nonduality is about Truth. The truth shall set you free, but it wont make you happy. 

^ This

The chief (and perhaps the only, if that) practicality of Truth may be acquiring a taste for its raw purity.

@TreyMoney @Terell Kirby

21 minutes ago, TreyMoney said:

Happiness and peace are emotions experienced by the self. self, happiness and peace only exist within duality. After happiness comes sadness, then happiness comes again. After peace comes war, then peace comes again.

Those aren't true Happiness or true Peace. Happiness and Peace don't depend on the circumstances. They're unconditional.

Unconditional means "no matter what".

If you stop resisting the cycle of "happiness and sadness" or "peace and war" and accept it as what it is, without the need for it to change, there is Peace and Happiness. 

This Peace and Happiness cannot be brought about by desiring them, for desire itself is a condition; "If I could stop resisting and accept the cycle of sadness and happiness completely, I would be truly happy". You see where this is going? 

Happiness and Peace are not human emotions. They are not a state either. 

They are simply what is. And what is, is unconditional. 

You can experience this in meditation, when you come to accept what is, as what is. Not trying to accept, not trying to stop rejecting, just be aware of what is.

And you know, the great thing about meditation is that you don't even have to try to be aware.

You are.

@Tim R I was agreeing with the below statement from @TreyMoney

35 minutes ago, TreyMoney said:

Truth transcends all relative emotions that we attempt to describe through language.

Truth is Happiness and Peace as you mentioned .. Truth is what is unconditional.

@Terell Kirby 

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

The truth shall set you free, but it wont make you happy

Guess the confusion was about this "happy".

23 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Terell Kirby 

Guess the confusion was about this "happy".

Yup. The Truth could make you happy, but it can make you miserable as well lol. The challenge is to Love both :).

14 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The Truth could make you happy, but it can make you miserable as well lol.

Are you sure about that? Because the Truth is, your nature is Happiness.

Yeah, what you don't get is that it's all Love. Which is the only thing you ever wanted. Love isn't a concept you can hold. You have to become directly conscious of it, at which point you litterally fall in love with reality and yourself.

You aren't happy because you are blind to the beauty of reality as it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

LEO IM GOD DAMN ASLEEP...and ITS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE...yup..totally selfish here...

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

Are you sure about that? Because the Truth is, your nature is Happiness.

You are right, upper case Happiness is Truth .. lower case happiness and misery are finite human emotions, but are included..deserving to be Loved and embraced.

@DavyTee In most people there is a deeply rooted feeling of unsatisfactoriness/unhappiness. When that is met it starts to dissolve and underneath there is stillness, peace and happiness.

Knowing that it's all awareness won't make you happy. But if you meet those negative feelings you will eventually dissolve them and move into higher feelings which will lead to happiness.

16 hours ago, DavyTee said:

OK I get it but I don't get it. I understand the concept behind ND but can't see how it makes you happy or at peace. 

If you understand the concept behind non-duality, do you see that "being happy" vs "not being happy" is a duality you create? If you stop creating dualities, how could you be unhappy? You need duality to be unhappy, or to "not get it" or to define yourself in whichever way you want to define yourself right now.

On 31/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, 4201 said:

"being happy" vs "not being happy" is a duality you create

Thats it right there. Being happy vs not being happy is a duality.

The lower self "you" aka can never be truly happy, unconditionally happy, because its happiness in conditional on having its needs, wants, desires fulfilled.

When the lower self "you" tames the fire breathing dragon of desire, want and need, the lower self is transcended.

Then conditional happiness is seen for the illusion/duality it is, and what remains is unconditional Happiness w capital H or Peace w capital P, or Acceptance, or Love of What Is.