Tim R

No answers.

25 posts in this topic

It's too easy on a forum such as this one to ask a question and "get an answer". 

But if you're being honest, what answer have you ever really gotten here? Be honest.

To some questions, you will never, ever get an answer - except from yourself. 

"Meditation, Consicousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality"

As of today, there are 391,653 posts in that sub forum, more than in all other Main Discussions combined!!! 

Makes you wonder, how justified are those close to 392K posts really? How many questions were truly answered? Because hey, unless it's a trip report or some awakening story, this sub forum consists almost entirely of questions and resulting discussions (which ofc is not necessarily a problem, given that this a forum).

...and you all know which type of questions are most popular around here. And how incessantly people love to discuss Solipsism or some other bugbear that isn't grounded in direct experience. 

This post was inspired by my desire to change my relationship to asking questions & giving answers, and I hope this could inspire something similar in yourself. Love, Tim?

Unfortunately, this forum seems to in general dismiss the importance of embodiment. Once you have all the intellectual answers or even experienced the answers on psychedelics, there’s literally nothing else to do except integrate, embody, and bask in the understanding through living life. In my view anyways. 

It doesn't have to be seen as a simple Q & A space. I see this sub forum more like a group of conversations which may start of as questions but is more about sharing perspectives and, in a way, virtual community building. But online forums have their pros & cons vs face-to-face. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

16 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

It doesn't have to be seen as a simple Q & A space.

Exactly! It doesn't! But unfortunately, many seem to regard it as that. 

Many answers are really just pointers, no answers as such. 

17 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

I see this sub forum more like a group of conversations which may start of as questions but is more about sharing perspectives and, in a way, virtual community building.

Agreed.

I think both question and answer might be an illusion, nothingness appearing as questions and answers, but it all is nothingness appearing, maybe maybe maybe, if you know what I mean, and this is nothingness appearing as a question and as an answer ?

Edited by Vibroverse

27 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Many answers are really just pointers, no answers as such.

I agree, tho it's the same if you go to the most enlightened teachers and masters face 2 face - they only have pointers to give you. 

And how good are our words at expressing, manifesting the real existential problems in the form of written questions anyway? How can we show our true face in a forum? 

But I don't want to be without it. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

I think that this happens because spirituality is such a high horse to ride, and once people realize some stuff, they just can't stop thinking how special they are.

The truth is that if we ever wanted to have an "embodiment" sub-forum, we would basically have to stoop down to other categories and talk about spirituality in relationships, or food, and who wants that? It's much more convenient to keep sitting here, on mount awesome. I can see some people I respect open up and venture off to other places, but it's still too few of them. I always love seeing some neo-advaitan give advice on how to approach a relationship problem. A quickest way to see how much they really know.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

It's basically just God asking questions and answering them without realising it ?

Focused and passionate inquiry into what I am and what is true until it’s destructive to belief systems -> Grace -> the inquiry-unraveling hits point of no return then becomes all encompassing and complete -> no more questions -> the only thing resembling the presence of an answer is the absence of questions (and the absence of there ever having been a real question), or it could be said: all-there-is is unknowable and infinite and there’s no separation nor other nor two (anything=everything) — but absolutely directly, and not as an understanding or a knowing. A non-resolving resolution. The gateless gate.

Edited by The0Self

4 hours ago, The0Self said:

Focused and passionate inquiry into what I am and what is true until it’s destructive to belief systems -> Grace -> the inquiry-unraveling hits point of no return then becomes all encompassing and complete -> no more questions -> the only thing resembling the presence of an answer is the absence of questions (and the absence of there ever having been a real question), or it could be said: all-there-is is unknowable and infinite and there’s no separation nor other nor two (anything=everything) — but absolutely directly, and not as an understanding or a knowing. A non-resolving resolution. The gateless gate.

*nods furiously*xD

13 hours ago, Consilience said:

Unfortunately, this forum seems to in general dismiss the importance of embodiment. Once you have all the intellectual answers or even experienced the answers on psychedelics, there’s literally nothing else to do except integrate, embody, and bask in the understanding through living life. In my view anyways. 

i found this answer and i find that to be very true.

self realization is like cooking an egg.

you find the egg first then cook it.

many folks here found the egg, but did not yet cook it. its still there, waiting to be made into an omelet.

it doesnt fucking matter if you found the egg alone, bravo. Did you cook it and share it with the loved ones? did you eat it too? 

cooking the egg you found is the embodiment of the self that you claim to have realized.

Its as if you find an egg and keep drooling about how tasty it is. You fucking idiot you have not even touched it yet, how can you claim that it is tasty? because someone told you it is? what if it isn't? what if he was lying to you? what if the thing you found isn't an egg? what if it looks like an egg but its not a real egg. What if you drool so much over it the egg slides, falls, and breaks. Its game over bud. Well, what if, in the middle of all that drooling, you get a heart attack and die without tasting the thing you've worked on finding? sad story huh? 

Thats where most of us are on this section of this forum

Drooling over how the egg is, lol

Edited by Mosess

How can every experience be trusted? If I'm so high I'm giggling promising my bedroom wall I won't ruin the joke by telling everyone they're us, I don't from that come away thinking that must have all been legit.

Few things are directly revealed beyond any doubt, as in to the degree of 100% proof, undisputable. Although those elements are beyond ANY doubt, some other things could easily be drug delusions.

You can't come up with much by just sitting there not thinking. Only the few self evident facts that become clear and withstand all later scrutiny.

There aren't any genuine truthful answers on this forum because everyone keeps parroting that they are God. Yeah, that's very helpful...

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

26 minutes ago, vizual said:

There aren't any genuine truthful answers on this forum because everyone keeps parroting that they are God. Yeah, that's very helpful...

@vizual

I am God.

Nothing more to say.

Keep sleeping in you comfortable stage blue blanket. You are God, whether you know it or not.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

On 12/30/2021 at 1:08 PM, Consilience said:

Just remember the ego doesn't want there to be an endpoint.... for the ego there will always appear to be just one more step to integrate.(hamster wheel)

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 12/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, The0Self said:

I love your posts brah ❤️??????

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 12/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, Consilience said:

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Just remember the ego doesn't want there to be an endpoint.... for the ego there will always appear to be just one more step to integrate.(hamster wheel)

❤ 

You guys always have great things to share. I will say I’m enjoying my hamster wheel of embodiment. What game is more challenging and fun to play? ?

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

4 hours ago, vizual said:

The difference between parrots and birds is that parrots have learned how to use their tongues. Allah is One. God is One. Krishna is One. Jesus is One. The Holy Spirit is One. The Holy Spirit is in you, and You are in the Holy Spirit. 

“On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” -Jesus a.k.a. A really big and important parrot, John 14:20, NIV

Edited by BipolarGrowth

7 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

How can every experience be trusted? If I'm so high I'm giggling promising my bedroom wall I won't ruin the joke by telling everyone they're us, I don't from that come away thinking that must have all been legit.

Few things are directly revealed beyond any doubt, as in to the degree of 100% proof, undisputable. Although those elements are beyond ANY doubt, some other things could easily be drug delusions.

You can't come up with much by just sitting there not thinking. Only the few self evident facts that become clear and withstand all later scrutiny.

Every experience can be trusted in the vein that EXPERIENCE IS, but every interpretation of experience should certainly not be trusted. I may of may not be a female Angel Warrior sent by a Divine Matriarchy to bring Absolute Divinity to humanity with the protection of a spiritual armor system I felt activate in every cell of my body after seeing a 100% lifelike Angel cry a tear of Absolute Love into my heart, depending on how crazy we want to get in believing direct experience during drug states. 

Or I could be the Sammāsambuddha of Luciferianism depending on how crazy we want to get in believing non-drug states. 

Or I could just be a 26-year-old Christian depending on how crazy we want to get believing the “present moment.” 

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

The difference between parrots and birds is that parrots have learned how to use their tongues. Allah is One. God is One. Krishna is One. Jesus is One. The Holy Spirit is One. The Holy Spirit is in you, and You are in the Holy Spirit. 

“On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” -Jesus a.k.a. A really big and important parrot, John 14:20, NIV

John 14:6 KJV

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)