omar30

What do you do when you lose hope in life ?

24 posts in this topic

what do guys do when having the feeling of life will not going to be magical like it were before and this feeling of helplessness ?

Do some spiritual practice like yoga or  meditation to calm myself down.then work bit by bit taking small baby steps,tiny steps and rebuild myself.rebuilding will take 5 to 10 to 20 years to lifelong learning

Must have book for rebuilding are

Mastery by robert greene

Mastery by george leonard

Tiny habits by bj fogg

Go to a place of worship and look for God. Well, technically you are also God but when you are feeling weak, you need to reconnect with Source.

i dont have hope or faith in life ... i live each 24 hours to the max and if life gives me 24 more i repeat to the full

it's just an indication what you're doing is not working, so keep looking. that is suffering, something is communicating to you that what you are doing is not the way

you will find the way

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Survival isn’t easy. We must know how to take a break from it once in a while. 
If you feel burned out so it means you need to chill for some time and go back to the game even stronger.

I don't have a solution for that.

But it happens, people gain hope, people lose hope.

When I lose hope, I just have this semi self-destruction mode when I really feel very nihilistic and I feel like nothing matters at all. I do things in a sloppy way and have energy for doing basic stuff only like eating and sleeping.

When I try to get out of this mode it doesn't work. The only thing that helps me to gain hope again is time. Something happens, after a while, maybe inside me or outside me that makes me see the world differently and gain some hope for better life, better circumstances, better everything.

It can be a little bird, a movie character, some random insight within me. Hope can come in many different unexpected ways. 

I allow myself to "surrender" to hopelessness mode and live with that without forcing myself to be constantly happy and hopeful.

I try to think how another day will bring new hope. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 12/28/2021 at 8:36 AM, omar30 said:

what do guys do when having the feeling of life will not going to be magical like it were before and this feeling of helplessness ?

‘Hope’, ‘Life isn’t magical’ & ‘helplessness’ are concepts, not feeling(s).  The feeling would be in regard to how those thoughts feel. The help, hope, and magic, would be in noticing this. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's an indication you are a bit stuck where you are. You might have to do something drastic to get out of that, like moving somewhere, or a different career, etc. Maybe fear of change or another round of 'failure/hopelessness' is holding you back from pursuing that too. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I kinda just take a break. Rest. Do something relaxing. Take care of myself as much as possible. 

It helps to go "big picture" or "little picture". 

Big picture... look up at the stars, realize that you are a part yet never apart from this unfathomably beautiful, perfect, yet chaotic world. 

Little picture. Look at the way the light reflects on the glass of water in front of you. Recognize that you are a part yet never apart from this unfathomably beautiful, perfect, yet surprising world. Realize that the ordinary and mundane is never what you think it to be. It has and always will be extraordinary when you really see it. 

Of course, there's no difference between big picture of little picture, you are what allows any picture to be. Clear the slate. You already IS the magic now, and never any other time. Have you ever experienced the past as a past? Have you ever experienced the future as a future? Or have you always, ever been eternally now? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Practicing gratitude goes a long way. A helpful exercise is writing down 5-10 things you are grateful for.. and reviewing your list 5-10 mins a day

I do nothing. Then I suffer. Then I do nothing some more. Then I am fine. 

I notice myself wanting to distract with entertainement, food and other things but I don't because I know from experience that by doing nothing I will eventually see my thoughts for what they are and laugh it off. (I fall prey to distraction plenty even if I know that it doesnt work tho) 

Feel the way you feel with all your might buddy

Sailing on the ceiling 

I've found that moments of hopelessness often allow for opportunities for examining the beliefs and assumptions and ways of thinking of things.  Recently I was feeling some stuckness, but then I began looking at why and the beliefs, thoughts, and worldviews I was carrying that made things seem hopeless.  I then was able to question the worldview and then reframe it to something more positive and motivating.  I felt so much energy afterwards and positivity.

I was previously thinking of my life purpose and career as something "given", "ordained", or that there was something specific I should be doing or am built for.  This was causing a lot of self-doubt and indecision, and thus lack of progress, since the way I was thinking of life purpose was "if I pick the wrong thing I'm fucked since there is a specific right thing out there for me".  

I reframed it to something wayyyyy more creative, inspiring, and motivating: basically, thinking of life purpose (and anything in life really) as not at all given (NO "SHOULDS" or "OUGHTS"), meaning that anything I choose is good and I can make my own life the way I see best.  

This reframe totally freed me up to feel, well, FREE!  Now I see things as more like a building project, an art project, where one piece adds to the next and I can form things as I go.  Sure, maybe I'll make some "mistakes" as in doing something that I don't prefer, but that just means I know where not to go now.  It's all good.  

Of course, I still get into those ruts of hopelessness.  But, maybe that means there's just more reframing and changing of beliefs to do.  And I'm sure it will take some time and practice to fully embody this new way of thinking and reap the benefits.   

Maybe asking "why do I feel hopeless?" and then really spelling it out.  Precisely.  Maybe write it down.  What are the reasons, the beliefs, the conceptual frameworks that are creating this feeling of hopelessness?  

What way do hold the world, yourself, others, such that you would feel hopeless?  

Can you be absolutely sure that those beliefs are true?

(here's some of Byron Katie's work :) )

How do you feel when you believe those thoughts? (ex: I feel hopeless)

Who would you be without those thoughts?  (ex: I be hopeful, excited, and motivated and be out creating and doing things with friends and people, trying to create what I wish to see and be). 

What's the opposite of that thought or belief? (ex: if the belief is "there's not enough high paying jobs that I can apply for", the opposite of the belief could be "there are enough high paying jobs I can apply for", or "there aren't enough low-paying jobs I can apply for", -- do all the variations). 

What are three examples that the opposite of the original thought is true? (ex: 1) I did see that job I didn't like but is higher paying I can apply for, 2) I could apply for a high paying job and just see what happens, 3) I could save up some money over a few years to get certified in something to then feel more prepared to apply for high paying jobs).  

Also, I'd recommend looking at your fears.  ... The other side of them may be the key to your success, freedom, and feeling good again. 

What decisions or options have you taken off the table, not since they aren't possible, but because, truly, you're afraid of something that might happen if you do make that decision?

For me, I think part of me feeling stuck is because I'm scared to change jobs again as I think/feel that I've changed jobs too many times and that employers won't like that in the future, and I'm scared I won't get employed in the future if I keep jumping around and not developing any solid skills.  

Is this true?  I dunno.  Maybe.  But maybe not.  Unsure. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins