Preety_India

Do you feel like this forum is too stage Orange?

60 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

Even though stage orange people are toxic, we need to be kind to them ,answer their questions with kindness.

There is also a healthy side to stage Orange that focuses on improving productivity, improving quality of life, discipline, staying organized, staying fit and healthy, getting better at work etc. 

I wish these aspects were prominent than the toxic aspects of unhealthy competition, toxic materialism, unhealthy addiction to work, objectification of people. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I feel motivated to say this, but my first post was me about to tell you to explore the world view of green before you debate and look for people here to correct you. You’ve got to live the full experience of green before venturing outside of it and finding weak points in your world view. It just won’t work if you are just getting into green.

If you feel like this place is to orange, or too rational, or maybe you think there are a lot of thinking but no feeling or community. That’s probably because it is amid to challenge you. I have the same feeling about this forum: it’s not early-green friendly, but also my own personal feeling is that its an old format website - not like reddit where you can actually have communities of interest- so maybe this issue should be discussed with moderators or Leo. 

I modified my post later to give a general advice. But I’ll leave it to you to decide which post is better.

2 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

I feel motivated to say this, but my first post was me about to tell you to explore the world view of green before you debate and look for people here to correct you. You’ve got to live the full experience of green before venturing outside of it and finding weak points in your world view. It just won’t work if you are just getting into green.

Agreed. Actually I can say I'm somewhere early or midway in green. I'm aware of toxic green, mean green. But that's unhealthy green. I can see how that can overshadow healthy aspects of green. 

I think the forum is too focused on spiral dynamics for one, lol. Not at all trying to point at you with that statement. It’s really a pretty flimsy model if you actually get out there and talk to living human beings. The model itself aids the forum members in becoming even more judgmental oftentimes.

But there is a bit too much conflict here for my liking at times. It seems like people get too focused on proving each other wrong rather than arriving at the Truth together, and I am certainly guilty of this too. There is certainly a lot of toxic masculinity permeating this place I’d say. And it makes people like myself who would actually prefer a feminine energy more adopt some of the same toxic masculinity just to deal with the cesspool of hostility people are constantly projecting at each other. 

I come back here because there aren’t really better online communities close to competing with this one on many fronts, at least from what I’ve seen. The hostility is hard to avoid in an online spiritual community of this size focused on Truth though, so I’m not really blaming anyone for how it is. 

I'm speaking mostly about the meditation sub forum. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

6 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I think the forum is too focused on spiral dynamics for one, lol. Not at all trying to point at you with that statement. It’s really a pretty flimsy model if you actually get out there and talk to living human beings. The model itself aids the forum members in becoming even more judgmental oftentimes.

But there is a bit too much conflict here for my liking at times. It seems like people get too focused on proving each other wrong rather than arriving at the Truth together, and I am certainly guilty of this too. There is certainly a lot of toxic masculinity permeating this place I’d say. And it makes people like myself who would actually prefer a feminine energy more adopt some of the same toxic masculinity just to deal with the cesspool of hostility people are constantly projecting at each other. 

I come back here because there aren’t really better online communities close to competing with this one on many fronts, at least from what I’ve seen. The hostility is hard to avoid in an online spiritual community of this size focused on Truth though, so I’m not really blaming anyone for how it is. 

I'm speaking mostly about the meditation sub forum. 

You made a bunch of fair points. Spiral Dynamics is a quick handy model and I bet it sometimes gets overused a bit. Yet it helps with gaining a basic perspective on measuring one's progress psychologically, socially, spiritually. I would liken it to Chakras which has a similar concept. You're right about many aspects of the meditation section. 

Maybe we or I see what we don't like and concentrate on that more than is necessary, which skews our bias. Its very easy over an internet forum to only see flat words and no emotion or context behind them. Which means the response can be sharp, especially when it triggers emotion and tries to funnel understanding into text. I can't feel what you are trying to convey to me when you reply. I can only think, orange, rational, from the text sent.

Voice helps bring context as does seeing the person talk, and even more being with them or knowing what is going on around them. If I heard your voice or knew you, your community and your backstory I would much more easily demonstrate green to you.

On an aside, the internet initially was designed purely from a orange perspective by orange thinkers. Forum software designed in a green way might look and operate differently.

Edited by BlueOak

On 28.12.2021 at 1:24 AM, Preety_India said:

I also felt like the forum was very masculine most of the time, no I'm not talking about the male/female ratio, but rather how all the suggestions are tailored more towards a masculine way of handling things, outcome driven rather than feelings driven

This makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Higher ratio of men means higher ratio of masculine way of talking / thinking about things.

Also realize this: Leos teachings are taylored to men, not to women. There are exceptional women in that way but Leos niche is teaching spirituality to males, not to females.

Oh yes and not forget to add the following. This forum is NOT stage orange. Especially the meditation section. It is mostly green bit of yellow, a bit of blue, almost no orange.

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

On 12/29/2021 at 5:05 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

think the forum is too focused on spiral dynamics for one, lol. Not at all trying to point at you with that statement. It’s really a pretty flimsy model if you actually get out there and talk to living human beings. The model itself aids the forum members in becoming even more judgmental oftentimes

yup! IME, -humans have multiple facets governing their life and I have encountered people who are enlightened and yet hold on to religious conventions .IMHO< different facets of their life might be in different stages and generalizing a human being to a single stage will be hard. there is a bell curve like  distribution!

On 12/29/2021 at 4:48 AM, Happy Lizard said:

If you feel like this place is to orange, or too rational, or maybe you think there are a lot of thinking but no feeling or community. That’s probably because it is amid to challenge you. I have the same feeling about this forum: it’s not early-green friendly, but also my own personal feeling is that its an old format website - not like reddit where you can actually have communities of interest- so maybe this issue should be discussed with moderators or Leo. 

ayyyyyee true!!!.. it's hard to transmit feelings emotions via cables ! specially with some text on an online forum!

@Preety_India ummm, IMHO, maybe this forum is overly stage yellow?

In my experience(which is not much since u've been here for years lol)  ,  yellow and turquoise is where I would place most of enlightenment section. life purpose section is somewhat orange and society section has that liberal tendencies of Marxism. 

you might be conflating the two since yellow tends to bring back that masculine side +reason back in to play which dwells at orange. contrary to the new agey intuitive -feminine dance at green! 

I might be wrong lol. but, I have had a ton of sound advice here!

have a great day Hannu!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

1 minute ago, happyhappy said:

yup! IME, -humans have multiple facets governing their life and I have encountered people who are enlightened and yet hold on to religious conventions .IMHO< different facets of their life might be in different stages and generalizing a human being to a single stage will be hard. there is a bell curve like  distribution!

ayyyyyee true!!!.. it's hard to transmit feelings emotions via cables ! specially with some text on an online forum!

@Preety_India ummm, IMHO, maybe this forum is overly stage yellow?

In my experience(which is not much since u've been here for years lol)  ,  yellow and turquoise is where I would place most of enlightenment section. life purpose section is somewhat orange and society section has that liberal tendencies of Marxism. 

you might be conflating the two since yellow tends to bring back that masculine side +reason back in to play which dwells at orange. contrary to the new agey intuitive -feminine dance at green! 

I might be wrong lol. but, I have had a ton of sound advice here!

have a great day Hannu!

More like green^^ bits of Yellow/Turks and blue as well.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

1 minute ago, Gregory1 said:

blue as well.

i don;t get the blue part bro?

yes I have seen some religious nutcases here and there but they don't seem to last here very long!

being called poopheads doesn't feel good ,does it? LMAO!!!???????????

my mini-blog!

49 minutes ago, happyhappy said:

i don;t get the blue part bro?

yes I have seen some religious nutcases here and there but they don't seem to last here very long!

being called poopheads doesn't feel good ,does it? LMAO!!!???????????

@happyhappy

Brrrooo where did you get the Poophead from?xDDDDDDDD 

Jokes aside; Jesus was a POOPEATER.

Let's wait for the stage blue poopbags for showing up and critizising me for my devilish language.

You are Love.

1 hour ago, Gregory1 said:

@happyhappy

Brrrooo where did you get the Poophead from?xDDDDDDDD 

Jokes aside; Jesus was a POOPEATER.

Let's wait for the stage blue poopbags for showing up and critizising me for my devilish language.

Jesus saved us all. 

easy easy... broo!!!   better not get the warning points  to score up.

hahaaa!!!???

Jokes aside; Jesus was a POOPEATER

welllllllll, we all are! 

Edited by happyhappy

my mini-blog!

16 minutes ago, happyhappy said:

easy easy... broo!!!   better not get the warning points  to score up.

hahaaa!!!???

welllllllll, we all are! 

@happyhappy

Well I only got 4 warnings so farxD but you're right of course:P

Edited by Gregory1

You are Love.

22 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

@Zeroguy Jesus shagged your mum.

Best genetics on earth then. 

Earth is imagined by you. So does me and Jesus. 

Edited by Zeroguy

@Preety_India All you said is true. There is a general lack of intimacy and the "feminine" in this forum and it reflects Leo's teaching style. Although Leo is a very kind and genuine person, he also doesn't invest in human relationships, he prefers everyone help themselves approach, which is not right or wrong per se, it is just an approach out of many, I personally prefer this approach too. Now that said, I think the dynamics of this forum reflect perfectly this approach. It is just this forum nature, don't ask a cat to be a dog.
it is also a mistake to take this forum way too seriously, Don't over-invest in online things

5 minutes ago, Medhansh said:

@Eph75 Dude, who the fuck are you? You just blew my mind with these 2 posts of yours in this thread. I will have to read them at least thrice in order to grasp them entirely. 

God.

You are Love.

This forum has a masculine / male bias for sure. I would say it’s largely because that’s the sort of crowd Leo’s videos attract. It’s very much male oriented and your sort of space that values masculine cognitive expression. I sometimes wish it was more of a space that welcomed different energies. 

@Medhansh

You :x

35 minutes ago, Medhansh said:

Dude, who the fuck are you?

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today.