Bazooka Jesus

Feeling like walking under water

12 posts in this topic

So I just came back home from a long walk outside, and I noticed something weird that I've noticed a couple of times before while going on walks... but this time around the sensation got so strong that it gave me pause and made me wonder what the hell is going on here.

It's a feeling very much like walking under water; like the body is being swayed from side to side by invisible waves. It feels a little like you're drunk and can't really walk straight anymore, except that there is a strong impression of outside forces being the cause of your swaying instead of a simple loss of motor control. (During the whole 2 hour walk I also kind of felt like I had just dropped half a tab of acid - even though I was stone sober and haven't even touched weed for the past couple of months... very strange indeed.)

I thought it might be interesting to hear if others on here experience this too sometimes. Could this be an energetic thing, like a sign that one is becoming sensitive/receptive to the energy in the surroundings? Or is my mind wandering off too far into woo woo territory here?

Why so serious?

32 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Could this be an energetic thing, like a sign that one is becoming sensitive/receptive to the energy in the surroundings?

Yes. Maybe let the label ‘in the surroundings’ go. Can be ‘honed’ as well. Sit & relax feel the presence of sensation throughout the bodymind. Then at the skin / surface (whole bodymind), then request / intend to feel an inch beyond the bodymind, and just relax and wait until you feel it. Then two inches, etc. Eventually the ‘whole room’ and beyond. Can’t possibly go too slow with that ‘intend, and then wait until it’s directly felt’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I had a similar experience once. I was feeling overwhelmed and surrounded by waves, like being under water. It felt amazing like I was in a different world. It usually happens when I've been contemplating a lot. The brain feels like its escaping into  a different state,  like an abyss. It's a good feeling though. It usually helps me contemplate even longer. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Maybe let the label ‘in the surroundings’ go.

Sure, fair enough. I was just talking about 'surroundings' and 'outside forces' in order to indicate that the felt energy doesn't seem to be confined to the limits of the body; it feels pretty much like you're swimming in it, like the whole field of awareness is filled with these waves, so to speak.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

The brain feels like its escaping into  a different state,  like an abyss.

In other words... kind of like as if you just dropped half a tab of acid? :P

Anyway, thanks for the interesting feedback guys.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Trippin in & on the real. 

Could be a heightened sensitivity to gravitational waves passing through space-time.

I haven’t had this specific thing occur, but feeling like you’re on a psychedelic while sober is quite common as you progress. As long as it’s not messing too much with normal functioning, see it as a good thing. Examine what occurred around that time and the whole day, and see if you can reproduce factors you think might have triggered it on a day you’re free from typical obligations like work, family things, etc. If you can start getting in these states naturally, it should do a lot of good over time as long as you’re safe with things. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth

Right. I cannot really say what might have 'triggered' it yesterday; all I know is that I have been in a very weird and sort of dark night of the soul-ish state lately where it seems like the walls of reality are closing in... life/existence feels kind of lile a deflating balloon, like it is turning more and more into a flat & one-dimensional cage, so to speak. (I also have this heavy feeling of indecisiveness; it's like I am sitting on burning coals, but for the life of me cannot make a move in any direction. Sort of like a depression without the actual feeling of being depressed, if that makes any sense at all.)

Plus I have had this stuff going on, if you haven't seen it already:

Yesterday while feeling 'trippy', I kind of said to myself 'Well congratulations, now you got what you had been hoping for... feeling like you're on acid 24/7. Are you happy now?' Which made me think of the old saying:

Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you might get it.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

30 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@BipolarGrowth

Right. I cannot really say what might have 'triggered' it yesterday; all I know is that I have been in a very weird and sort of dark night of the soul-ish state lately where it seems like the walls of reality are closing in... life/existence feels kind of lile a deflating balloon, like it is turning more and more into a flat & one-dimensional cage, so to speak. (I also have this heavy feeling of indecisiveness; it's like I am sitting on burning coals, but for the life of me cannot make a move in any direction. Sort of like a depression without the actual feeling of being depressed, if that makes any sense at all.)

Plus I have had this stuff going on, if you haven't seen it already:

Yesterday while feeling 'trippy', I kind of said to myself 'Well congratulations, now you got what you had been hoping for... feeling like you're on acid 24/7. Are you happy now?' Which made me think of the old saying:

Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you might get it.

Hmm. This is quite an interesting combination of experiences. All I can say is the general advice for dark night of the soul stuff is to keep practicing if you want to break out of it sooner rather than later. It’s unfortunately quite a bumpy ride at times for most of us when progressing in insight. It looks like you’re already trying to incorporate a number of different approaches from what I gathered reading the other thread which is good. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

7 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Hmm. This is quite an interesting combination of experiences.

It's a pretty messed up combination is what it is, lol.

To be perfectly honest, I am kind of starting to suspect that this is all just a bunch of drama that has been concocted by the (spiritual) ego. You know, kind of like 'Oh, I want to feel like I am on this super special and really challenging quest towards something BIG, so let me come up with all sorts of confusing phenomena and roadblocks and hurdles that I need to jump over in order to keep myself entertained and feel like some gloriously tragic hero who is defying the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.' LMAO. Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what is going on here...

Having said that, I do hope that I will find some way to dissolve my inner tensions / energy blocks - cause these are really dragging me down, ugh. (I would love to try Iboga tbh... if those retreats weren't so super fucking expensive, I would do it in a heartbeat.)

But anyway, thanks for you advice my friend. ?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

53 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

It's a pretty messed up combination is what it is, lol.

To be perfectly honest, I am kind of starting to suspect that this is all just a bunch of drama that has been concocted by the (spiritual) ego. You know, kind of like 'Oh, I want to feel like I am on this super special and really challenging quest towards something BIG, so let me come up with all sorts of confusing phenomena and roadblocks and hurdles that I need to jump over in order to keep myself entertained and feel like some gloriously tragic hero who is defying the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.' LMAO. Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what is going on here...

Having said that, I do hope that I will find some way to dissolve my inner tensions / energy blocks - cause these are really dragging me down, ugh. (I would love to try Iboga tbh... if those retreats weren't so super fucking expensive, I would do it in a heartbeat.)

But anyway, thanks for you advice my friend. ?

If you want to talk more in depth on things, send me a PM. I’d be happy to help however I can. I can’t really give good advice on such a complex set of events without a lot more information. Either way, I hope you get to some smooth sailing soon.