tlowedajuicemayne

How to find a Spiritual Teacher

43 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Zeroguy

Well, enjoy the smell. 

Will never harm my brothers and sisters. 

Judgemental af I do know that. Working on it. 

1 minute ago, Zeroguy said:

Judgemental

Not found anywhere in the tools

Maybe underestimated those in dian’s and there particularity with the tools. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

A teacher is merely a friend helping you on your way home, to source. 

Ime, they are very helpful. But, don't put them on a pedestal & fall for the 'Guru Worship' trap, you are always your own Guru & all the answers are within, a ;good teacher' just helps guide you to those answers & help YOU find, understand & live truth in your own unique way. 

However, if you are going to work with someone 1-1 with sessions and what not I would recommend doing some research on them before spending $, checking in with people they've worked with etc. 

Good luck!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

The logical conclusion to, "Everything is within you," and "People are full of shit" is that you are full of shit. LOL

It's hard to take people seriously people who are willing to bow to a toad, on all fours with a syringe up their ass, but think listening to the advice of accomplished guru is a bridge too far :-D

At the absolute level you are perfect, unchanging, and never not awake, but at the relative level you are a less than perfect human searching for some shred of lasting happiness.  A relative problem requires a relative solution.  Truthfully, whatever leads you beyond the relative is your guru, but for most, this requires another living human being.  A drug, book, or anything else that is inert may trigger an awakening, but it can never answer all your questions and clear all your doubts.  There are exceptions, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're exceptional.

13 hours ago, Shambhu said:

The logical conclusion to, "Everything is within you," and "People are full of shit" is that you are full of shit. LOL

It's hard to take people seriously people who are willing to bow to a toad, on all fours with a syringe up their ass, but think listening to the advice of accomplished guru is a bridge too far :-D

Have you tried it?

There are chemical and physical differences in these two… 

one is second hand (listening to a guru)

the other is a direct experience …

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Have you tried it?

There are chemical and physical differences in these two… 

one is second hand (listening to a guru)

the other is a direct experience …

@Thought Art  Neither gurus or chemicals are a direct experience of the truth.

Ingesting a psychedelic is only a direct experience of taking a psychedelic, not of absolute truth.  See the difference?  

Listening to a guru is also not a direct experience of absolute truth, but along the spiritual path there will be doubts and confusions that arise; a living guru can answer questions and offer guidance.  That is not possible with other means.

As to your initial question, yes, I have tried psychedelics, and as far as I can tell, they only provide another experience.  Until you realize that all experiences are temporary, thus relative, you cannot grasp the absolute truth that is always present, regardless of passing states.

Perhaps psychedelics can be a useful means for some.  I can see that as a possibility, but I do not subscribe to the idea that they are a superior teacher.

turn around, you are looking for your teacher in the wrong direction

20 hours ago, Shambhu said:

@Thought Art  Neither gurus or chemicals are a direct experience of the truth.

Ingesting a psychedelic is only a direct experience of taking a psychedelic, not of absolute truth.  See the difference?  

Listening to a guru is also not a direct experience of absolute truth, but along the spiritual path there will be doubts and confusions that arise; a living guru can answer questions and offer guidance.  That is not possible with other means.

As to your initial question, yes, I have tried psychedelics, and as far as I can tell, they only provide another experience.  Until you realize that all experiences are temporary, thus relative, you cannot grasp the absolute truth that is always present, regardless of passing states.

Perhaps psychedelics can be a useful means for some.  I can see that as a possibility, but I do not subscribe to the idea that they are a superior teacher.

It’s probably the case that deep spiritual work requires a toolbox ? 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

23 hours ago, Shambhu said:

As to your initial question, yes, I have tried psychedelics, and as far as I can tell, they only provide another experience

23 hours ago, Shambhu said:

have you tried 5 meo dmt? It is not a psychedelic, it is something else. it is a ego killer. No ego remaining. and without ego, only the truth remains

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

have you tried 5 meo dmt? It is not a psychedelic, it is something else. it is a ego killer. No ego remaining. and without ego, only the truth remains

Infinite Love. 

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

LSD. Love, Solipsism, Divinity.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

37 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Breakingthewall No, I have not tried 5meo, but it's not required to see beyond the ego.  Truth has more than just the ego as an obscuration.  

30 minutes ago, Shambhu said:

@Breakingthewall No, I have not tried 5meo, but it's not required to see beyond the ego.  Truth has more than just the ego as an obscuration.  

If it wouldn't be required, why haven't you seen God yet? Not considering psychedelics is what we define has "idiocracy."

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

5 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

If it wouldn't be required, why haven't you seen God yet? Not considering psychedelics is what we define has "idiocracy."

@Gregory1 I have tried other psychedelics, but not 5meo.  I am both amused and saddened that they are what people consider as a spiritual experience.  You have no way of knowing what I have seen.

3 minutes ago, Shambhu said:

@Gregory1 I have tried other psychedelics, but not 5meo.  I am both amused and saddened that they are what people consider as a spiritual experience.  You have no way of knowing what I have seen.

Maybe you experience yourself as IT. 

13 minutes ago, Shambhu said:

Well I guess just smoking some weed doesn't do it for you. Time for some 5 Meo.

You are Love.