tlowedajuicemayne

How to find a Spiritual Teacher

43 posts in this topic

One of the problems I had early on in my spiritual path was finding a Teacher. Use this to weed out the insincere teachers from the ideal ones-

'You will know when you've found a ideal Teacher because the Ideal Teacher gets no pleasure out of you following his Teachings or not. This is because the ideal Teacher gets all of his pleasure out of following his own Teachings.'

Edited by tlowedajuicemayne

If it is to find a guru

Read a book called light on guru desciple relationship by swami satya sangananda 

Its a book by bihar school of yoga and nails the topic

My rating for that book=9/10

Meditation. 

This is why it’s called, meditation. 

Teacher’s another thought. One identifying as such isn’t meditative, is not cessation, and is not, and can never be a supplement. It’s like actually playing a middleman to get in your own way, while meditation is already the middle way. 

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking.
 It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

Where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Love never fails.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Looking for some "ideal teacher" is the trap. Humans will always be full of shit, so go straight to the Source.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Looking for some "ideal teacher" is the trap. Humans will always be full of shit, so go straight to the Source.

I couldn't agree more. 

Teachers are Source as much as your meditative Source, to those responding above. If you don’t see that, well, ouch…

Practicing on your own and speaking with masters directly to see your limitations and shortcomings will almost always “outperform” just meditating on your own. There are no ideal teachers other than the ones you respect and resonate with intuitively and are brought to by the Universe. You’ll find them easily enough in time if you continue the work and are not arrogant enough to think you can slay this Dragon on a solo quest. 

That quote also goes pretty directly against the life of the Buddha, so I wouldn’t listen to anything by him if you believe it. In many ways he cared more for the elevation of others in the teachings than the effects the teachings had on himself. The paradox is that teaching was in many ways tied in and synonymous with aspects of the teachings themselves. If you want to speak to some masters worth their salt in their own unique ways to try it out, I can help you get in contact with a few probably. Just shoot a PM. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 hours ago, tlowedajuicemayne said:

@Leo Gura that sounds great and I would totally do that...if I had any idea what you meant by it at all. 

Psychedelics

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 hours ago, Nahm said:

middle way. 

What do you mean with "middle" and "way"?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

On 12/27/2021 at 10:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

Absolutely. Some can guide quite well... But in the end, the teacher must be destroyed by seeing them as merely an inner aspect of self, and not really a teacher who is "out there" and other than you.

21 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Teachers are Source as much as your meditative Source, to those responding above. If you don’t see that, well, ouch…

Practicing on your own and speaking with masters directly to see your limitations and shortcomings will almost always “outperform” just meditating on your own. There are no ideal teachers other than the ones you respect and resonate with intuitively and are brought to by the Universe. You’ll find them easily enough in time if you continue the work and are not arrogant enough to think you can slay this Dragon on a solo quest. 

That quote also goes pretty directly against the life of the Buddha, so I wouldn’t listen to anything by him if you believe it. In many ways he cared more for the elevation of others in the teachings than the effects the teachings had on himself. The paradox is that teaching was in many ways tied in and synonymous with aspects of the teachings themselves. If you want to speak to some masters worth their salt in their own unique ways to try it out, I can help you get in contact with a few probably. Just shoot a PM. 

Both, for the path of least resistance win. ?? 

Teachers teach limitations & shortcomings,a new how to fix. 

Nothing is cessation, and so like a mirror, limitations and shortcomings are quickly realized to be conditioning, beliefs. Inoo. 

@tlowedajuicemayne

Feel the resonating or not, of sincerity, listen there in, but never follow. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 27.12.2021. at 4:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

❤️ =Source

Yes I can be full of shit I always say it because, hey it is the Truth too. 

It's unfortunate that the guru/disciple relationship has been demonized in the West, even if it is understandable.  A living teacher is indispensable for most seekers. 

Almost every other endeavor in human life necessitates a teacher, but somehow we foolishly believe we can figure out spirituality alone.  It's not impossible, but unlikely.   Try learning quantum physics or neurosurgery by watching YouTube or shopping on Amazon.  Can you imagine how disastrous the results would be? 

Finding a qualified teacher can be challenging, but it will be worth the effort.