Vido

The Avoidance Of Truth - Why You Fear Truth?

24 posts in this topic

After watching the video, I clearly can see how I avoid the truth and how most of my problem is around this fact. I see sometimes I bottle emotions up to just to avoid truth.

I am still trying to understand the "Why" aspect of avoiding the truth. 

What belief am I believing that is operating in the shadow that's programming me to avoid the truth? why is it so scary? Why is an assumption whose ring of truth fading away feel soo death-like? 

what is the underlying belief which fear operates by?

Edited by Vido

26 minutes ago, Vido said:

what is the underlying belief which fear operates by?

You have a bias against death.

That's the core falsehood.

The truth is that nothing matters. Yet if you align with that you will die. Therefore to be alive you gotta be in falsehood.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura do you still have a bias against death? Or would you say it has significantly diminished to where can put your consciousness on to the reality it doesn't actually exist.

Edited by Godishere

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The truth is that nothing matters. Yet if you align with that you will die. Therefore to be alive you gotta be in falsehood.

Ohhh makes sense. Such a weird paradox. To stay alive, I need falsehood but to know the truth I need to let go of this falsehood. Huh.

It's death, this is the main fear that all other fears stem from, and so by looking into this - many of your other fears should fade away over time.
It's hard, it takes a while to get over the fear, I still have a lot of fears of death even after many awakenings into Love and safety - I still worry, like - what if I have done something karmically wrong, will that affect everything else?  How important is this life - that I work through these things, will it fix things for others now and in the  "afterlife" - or what?

I found that by going into the fear of death and looking at it directly, that I gained a lot of insight into myself and this was the cleanest and clearest path for me to lay down my ego - at the end of the day I am just a frightened, nervous animal.  But I want to be brave, and strong and experience freedom from life - I want to be loving, good, generous and free from the limitations I have put on myself.

When I run from truth, it is always the fear of death down at its core.  I wish I could share with you directly how much benefit I got from going through these fears; it really did change my life for the better so if you are experiencing a hard time looking at truth and feeling fear of it, I would take up the practice of memento mori, which is writing about and contemplating your own death and the nature of it.

Looking into your fears, and being honest about them is one of the best spiritual practices you could do for yourself.  I plan on taking the time to dissect this particular episode Leo has done tomorrow and Tuesday and see if I can't root out much of the underlying bullshit.  There's a lot of bullshit... I'm a neervous hooman.

It is quite a paradox, because looking into death - you will find the most life and the most Love.  The fear is a lie - but it takes a bit of work, like learning to ride a bike, to look at the face of death directly and not to be afraid.  Honestly, I don't know how people do it, but I find it to be fascinating.  Courage is admirable.

Leo's video on memento mori, this has been one of his most helpful vids for me in overcoming my fears, maybe it will help you to?

GL!

35 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@Leo Gura do you still have a bias against death?

I'm alive, ain't I?

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I'm alive, ain't I?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

That's funny

Edited by Vido

3 minutes ago, Loba said:

It's death, this is the main fear that all other fears stem from, and so by looking into this - many of your other fears should fade away over time.
It's hard, it takes a while to get over the fear, I still have a lot of fears of death even after many awakenings into Love and safety - I still worry, like - what if I have done something karmically wrong, will that affect everything else?  How important is this life - that I work through these things, will it fix things for others now and in the  "afterlife" - or what?

I found that by going into the fear of death and looking at it directly, that I gained a lot of insight into myself and this was the cleanest and clearest path for me to lay down my ego - at the end of the day I am just a frightened, nervous animal.  But I want to be brave, and strong and experience freedom from life - I want to be loving, good, generous and free from the limitations I have put on myself.

When I run from truth, it is always the fear of death down at its core.  I wish I could share with you directly how much benefit I got from going through these fears; it really did change my life for the better so if you are experiencing a hard time looking at truth and feeling fear of it, I would take up the practice of memento mori, which is writing about and contemplating your own death and the nature of it.

Looking into your fears, and being honest about them is one of the best spiritual practices you could do for yourself.  I plan on taking the time to dissect this particular episode Leo has done tomorrow and Tuesday and see if I can't root out much of the underlying bullshit.  There's a lot of bullshit... I'm a neervous hooman.

It is quite a paradox, because looking into death - you will find the most life and the most Love.  The fear is a lie - but it takes a bit of work, like learning to ride a bike, to look at the face of death directly and not to be afraid.  Honestly, I don't know how people do it, but I find it to be fascinating.  Courage is admirable.

Leo's video on memento mori, this has been one of his most helpful vids for me in overcoming my fears, maybe it will help you to?

GL!

Thanks for the detailed post! I appreciate the honesty and feels good to know everyone struggles with this to some extent. I was familiar with the concept of death and was processing stuff like getting hit by the car, etc. However, only today I connected the dot that my avoiding to look at my weight is due to a core fear of death which is why I prefer falsehood.

@Vido Are you having problems with your weight?  I have been too, I started medication and I shot up to like, 50 more pounds in three months and so I have been on a calorie restrictive diet for two weeks now and plan to work out for an hour a day once I gain access to my exercise equipment.  TBH I like being slightly chubby more - I hope to be fit and also thicc.

What sort of problems are you having revolving around food?  Where do you think it might have stemmed from?  What prevents you from looking at your weight and loving yourself anyways?  I would question it all and look into it, along with the fear of death and see what comes from it.

1 minute ago, Loba said:

@Vido Are you having problems with your weight?  I have been too, I started medication and I shot up to like, 50 more pounds in three months and so I have been on a calorie restrictive diet for two weeks now and plan to work out for an hour a day once I gain access to my exercise equipment.  TBH I like being slightly chubby more - I hope to be fit and also thicc.

What sort of problems are you having revolving around food?  Where do you think it might have stemmed from?  What prevents you from looking at your weight and loving yourself anyways?  I would question it all and look into it, along with the fear of death and see what comes from it.

I am not like fat fat. I'm like 76kg and my height is 5 7. After New year, I would probably be like 72. 

I have a major problem in avoiding truth when it comes to programming. Something about it just makes me go, I'll deal with it tomorrow. That's where I relate hard. I procrastinate by reading Leo's book list hoping to read something that just "hits" me and magically I no longer avoid the truth 

Realized after this episode that that's like mental gymnastics haha

So I'm looking to heal this situation and translate the intuition to all parts of my life. I also have a deep longing for understanding the root of falsehood which I'm slowly processing today. Didn't expect ALL of minor falsehood to relate to something as huge as death 

1 hour ago, Vido said:

Ohhh makes sense. Such a weird paradox. To stay alive, I need falsehood but to know the truth I need to let go of this falsehood. Huh.

You need falsehood to keep your current false "selves" from dying. When you want to change your behavior a part of you has to die.

@Vido Yeah death is the big one, but you don't have to face it all at once if you don't wanna.  Depends on where you are at, it is hard to me to gage that on this forum.
I know exactly what you mean about postponing certain things until "the next day", lol! 

It totally is like mental gymnastics, a lot of this stuff is counter intuitive.  I get it, that episode hit me like a ton of bricks - it was great. :P 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm alive, ain't I?

@Leo Gura isn’t it possible to not have a bias against death and to still be alive?I mean where you still do survival activities but also don’t mind if you die?

4 hours ago, Ineedanswers said:

@Leo Gura isn’t it possible to not have a bias against death and to still be alive?I mean where you still do survival activities but also don’t mind if you die?

Why would you work every day to stay alive if you were not biased against death?

@Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why would you work every day to stay alive if you were not biased against death?

But leo isnt it possible to choose to engage in survival activities while not being biased against death? For example in your self bias video you talked about the preference for ice cream and bias against dog crap. But isnt it possible to choose ice cream while not being biased against dog crap? Or to choose dog crap instead of being biased against ice cream? In this case you enjoy surviving but you will also enjoy dying. Isnt is possible?

@Ineedanswers if you didn't value life over death you wouldn't be alive very long.  So the only ones around to ponder the question are those that still put a value on life.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, Vido said:

What belief am I believing that is operating in the shadow that's programming me to avoid the truth?

Maybe that is the belief, the “programming”. If so, maybe let it go. 

Meditation.

There really is no you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's how you explain to yourself why you're still living in ignorance.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

to be alive you gotta be in falsehood.

That's not necessarily true, even though extremely likely. This perspective you're suggesting is not the whole picture. Life doesn't necessarily equal falsehood, even though it does for most people.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

The real answer is merely the question: Why not?

Truth is all there is, so to experience something else, the infinite hides itself as being 1. everything and 2. unknowable -- the fear of non-being or the unknown (which is actually not death, as there is no death, but is rather everything and nothing) is vital to the experience of being a person.