Danioover9000

Don't look up.

20 posts in this topic

I've seen a movie called 'Don't look up' on Netflix. It's a good comedy movie about political ideology, misinformation, the epistemology of how the current social matrix handles a collective extinction, and some metaphysics, all told in a comedic format. If you haven't watched, I suggest watching it. For those who have, what are your thoughts about the movie?

I'm laughing so hard because I actually thought you meant something that I should not look up :D

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The trailer threw me off.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The president was basically a female Donald Trump lol. 

It was basically what would happen from a stage green point of view. So it was way more accurate than most apocalyptic movies.

Edited by Michal__

Saw it two days ago. Really enjoyed it.

To me it came across like a bunch of very talented actors banded together in order to send an important warning message to the world.

It's a chilling and confronting commentary on the flaws of humanity.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I saw the movie a few days ago. It was not bad at all. I hope that it actually helps to make more people listen to the scientists about the climate situation we have.

Just watched it. Was decent, but it was a little too on the nose for me

I love horror films, but I am scared of watching this one lol, I dont want to feel anymore depressed than I already do.

Just watched it tonight myself. Brilliant movie, laughed a lot. Very good satire.

Wasn’t a bad film quite enjoyed it. I liked the blend of comedy surrounding a serious theme. What struck me was how well they actually got down the idiotic ways of modern society. More interested in foolish social media stories and entertainment news than the real world. Obviously comedically exaggerated but let’s face it they weren’t that far off. It was a good piss take of modern society was my overall opinion

Sounds kinda like Idiocracy. Funny and depressing at the same time.

Just finished it, can't really pin down how I feel about it. I remember being frustrated, then laughing, then content, then extremely sad, then profound. All over.

Definitely one of the more interesting movies in a while. It's like some sort of meta-parody that cuts really sharply even though it's intentionally dull.

hrhrhtewgfegege

On 1/5/2022 at 9:00 PM, Roy said:

Just finished it, can't really pin down how I feel about it. I remember being frustrated, then laughing, then content, then extremely sad, then profound. All over.

Definitely one of the more interesting movies in a while. It's like some sort of meta-parody that cuts really sharply even though it's intentionally dull.

Sadly, we could all be doomed if not enough people listen to the right things.

Edited by Hardkill

Great Movie, very entertaining and a great example of what Leo spoke about in his episode about the avoidance of truth. I suspected he shot this episode after watching the movie :ph34r:

On 08/01/2022 at 1:30 AM, Hardkill said:

Sadly, we could all be doomed if not enough people listen to the right things.

Exactly how I feel. This movie brought me back to researching climate science. I went looking for hope but I didn't find any. If we can see the truth in this film, how can others? I honestly don't know what to do with the rest of my life in a useful way for humanity. It all seems so trite and pointless and nobody will listen. Hopefully this phase will pass (in myself and others) 

@Jow but you must try ;)

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me