Evoke

Owen Cook predictions - Can we trust this guy or not?

141 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because in stage Blue marriage was so strictly culturally enforced that you didn't even have a choice in most cases.

Now people have way more freedom because survival is easier, so they sleep around and treat relationships flippantly.

It's easy to stay married when you have a gun to your head.

The easiest way to stay married is to lock yourself into such a survival bind that you have no other choice. This was the case for much of human history. Things paradoxically become easy when you have no other choice.

It’s not that black and white. 

Look at the asian immigrant community. They are so successful in the west. It’s because they value relationships and education. They have better careers, relationships and stable lives. Why shouldn’t we do what they do? They are not sleeping around. Only thing they are missing is spirituality.

You can find couples who are not judged. They just value commitment. And I think those are great values that lead to success and happiness.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

3 hours ago, Derek White said:

It’s not that black and white. 

Look at the asian immigrant community. They are so successful in the west. It’s because they value relationships and education. They have better careers, relationships and stable lives. Why shouldn’t we do what they do? They are not sleeping around. Only thing they are missing is spirituality.

You can find couples who are not judged. They just value commitment. And I think those are great values that lead to success and happiness.

Jews, Indians and Chinese included. The new way is obviously not working and we have the stats to back it up. 50% divorce rate, 70% of which are initiated by women despite the notion that women are viewed as 'loyal.' Their loyal to their emotions and being more emotional than men this is in flux. Extreme freedom is just as bad as extreme rigidity. 50% divorce rate doesn't say the real success rate of marriage, out of the remaining 50% who aren't divorced probably half or more are dissatisfied, sexless and just with each other out of convenience. Human beings are very complex. This isn't about red or whatever pill, just some wisdom in tradition which has been there over centuries and with certain reasons, in the name of liberalism and progress we can't throw out key principles completely. The question is progressing to what? Some progress can be regressive. Maybe this is just a transition phase and we will learn the middle way from it. 

Even Sadhguru has talked on this https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/wisdom/article/emotional-security-importance-how-to-build

''Right now, the community that does best in the universities of the United States is the Indian community. Next comes the Jewish community. Why is that? It is just that they have emotional security. Until they are 25 years of age, till they finish university, everything is taken care of for them. They do not have to fight for anything. Parents are committed to their children, and children are committed to them in turn. They do not have to handle any other aspect of life. That is not so with other American children. By the time they finish university, they have already seen three boyfriends or six girlfriends – with all the emotional upheavals, jealousies, problems, and struggles. Before they stand up on their feet, they have seen too much life, which is making them incapable.

Emotional security is an extremely important aspect for any human being and for any society to flourish. Unfortunately, due to a juvenile concept of freedom, we have lost this emotional security. That way, we are making people incapable of many things. There may be a percentage of the population who is strong enough to anyway go ahead and do things, but the majority become unstable.

This may not be true in every home, but it is happening on a large scale. It is no more an individual but a social problem in the United States. Such problems are there in every society for a few individuals, but when it becomes a major social problem, when lots of people are facing similar issues, we have to see how to strengthen their emotional life. Without that, people cannot lead productive lives.''

Edited by zazen

Traditional Blue has been tried and found too limiting.

I submit that you don't really want a traditional Blue marriage.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Traditional blue is like a Chinese finger trap. It feels super good getting into it but will be hard getting out. I also think blue values devotion more which is lost in orange.. it’s a key component to making long term work. Devotion is undervalued today in orange society and I think it makes it harder for people to get married and date. Incel and that sort of “hard finding a partner” stuff doesn’t exist as much in blue societies with an equal balance of men/women. At the same time one could make an argument that lots of stage blue marriages should of ended a while ago for both individuals to grow but it hasn’t due to it being stage blue. It’s tricky. I personally am fine dating orange/blue girls. A healthy blue / orange is possible for the short to semi long term (1-2 years). I’ve yet to see it play out in my personal experience going deep communion and long marriage (5-10+ years). To me I have a preference for women from stage blue countries too cause I find them them the most beautiful IMO. 

Edited by Lyubov

It's true traditional blue has been tried and found too limiting, but isn't what we'r doing now too freeing in a way thats destructive/not working. Could make an argument for both. On one level relationships and heartbreaks can make us grow and their should be guidance and good resources on that, on another level it can cause us to shut down and dis trust, we carry the bitterness with us and end up not trusting/loving again as easily. Periods of life with 'casual' sex wires/trains us to treat it as such and so we can end up associating it with nothing serious to be shared with one person in a serious relationship, it can cause us objectify the subject and treat them as such. The value of a thing is its rarity. 

Maybe a healthy form of dating and the middle way is first filtering out people based on values, vision, compatibility etc before sexual chemistry. Currently we'r doing the sexual chemistry of the bat, and finding out later that we aren't compatible and having to break off or have to live in a dysfunctional relationship. We have sex whilst learning about each other, whereas before we learnt about each other before having commitment and sex. Its much harder to break off once we'v been biochemically bonded to another through sex at that point, which causes further trauma when you need to break up. This way could reduce suffering/baggage people have and increase the chances of successful relationships. Compatibility first, sexual chemistry second. 

Edited by zazen

Lovely new video on the blog @Leo Gura

Aren't t there any restrictions anymore in the US? In my country the clubs are only allowing "Sitting party's" again after a brief period of normal rules. :|

In one of Owen's last videos he admitted to be wrong to a previous (political) belief of his. 

Has Leo ever admitted to being wrong after changing his mind on something like this? Serious question. Thinking you are the be-all, end-all is quite worrisome. Owen is not this.

Edited by GoobyBooby

1 hour ago, FlyingLotus said:

@GoobyBooby Leo made two blog posts in 2017 about being wrong.  It'd be great to see an update on more stuff he's gotten wrong ?

Nothing I Say Can Be Trusted

Things I've Been Wrong About

That's great. I would love to see an updated 2022 version given that Leo 2017 was anti-psychedelics lol. Imagine how much further this list has evolved.

Edited by GoobyBooby

@Evoke Just watched this guy , dont focus on the conspiracy part , what part was consipiracy ? World is already headed towards a dopamine metaverse reality which is so designed to hook you in and make you its slave . Look at facebook it is engineered that way , to give you dopamine so you feel good and come back to it . We live in a world where not having a social media will be very difficult , soon not being in metaverse will be painful as well , its just a matter of time technology reaches that stage . 

Overall his message was positive , love his energy and he really needs to get on psychedelics to open his mind and reach higher consciousness 

How can anyone assimilate his fast talking frenetic rambling about nothing significant?  It’s like having junk food shoved down your throat at the speed of light.    Contrast that with the slow thoughtful narratives of  Alan Watts.   Is this a change of culture, creating individuals who are more and more desperate to seek answers outside themselves?   The crazy loud voice crushes the still small voice within – the source of authentic wisdom.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Leo Gura I am confused you contradict yourself. 

"women are super loyal" 

"Women cheat very easily"

Is your point that women won't cheat unless they're not fully invested in the relationship?

On 1/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, Striving for more said:

@Leo Gura I am confused you contradict yourself. 

"women are super loyal" 

"Women cheat very easily"

Is your point that women won't cheat unless they're not fully invested in the relationship?

They consciously want to be loyal but they are easily manipulated by pumping their emotional state. So she may have no intention to cheat but if she's out having fun at the club and some guy pumps up her state, she can be seduced pretty easily.

Of course these are just generalizations. You have assess your girl specifically.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They consciously want to be loyal but they are easily manipulated by pumping their emotional state. So she may have no intention to cheat but if she's out having fun at the club and some guy pumps up her state, she can be seduced pretty easily.

Of course these are just generalizations. You have assess your girl specifically.

You personally pay no time worrying about infidelity, right? Is it because you accept that she might do minor cheating at some point or like how does that work in your case?

On 30-12-2021 at 7:38 PM, Leo Gura said:

This kind of statistical thinking is stupid.

To even be worrying about this kind of stuff sub-communicates that you a lame bitter insecure victim.

Shut up and go out and talk to girls. You can date them exclusively if you want. A successful marriage is not going to hinge on how many bodies you or she slept with, it's gonna hinge on your level of development, maturity, love, commitment, communication skills, and values alignment.

If you want a flourishing marriage absolutely nothing is stopping you from it but yourself. I submit that you don't actually want to do the developmental work necessary for a solid marriage, so instead you come up with narratives like above.

I don't mean you specifically, I mean Redpill type of guys in general.

For society it's actually valuable for people to date lots of different people so that they can find strong values alignment between each other. Knowing how to select a serious life partner is a skill that requires lots of experience. You're not born with it.

But I suggest that most guys don't even care about all that. They are just desperate to get laid and bitter when they can't. If you were able to get laid a lot, marriage would not be so appealing to you unless you were really developed and conscious, which these Redpillers and PUAs are not. Marriage requires making a lot of sacrifices which these traumatized man-children are not willing to make.

I think the good part about the red pill stuff is that it teaches men to be self sufficient and not reliable on the attention from girls. Also outcome independence and not giving a fuck if she doesn’t want to suck your dick cuz you got options. I do think most red pill fans are incels who are just mad they got rejected and now have this toxic attitude towards girls which in turn is giving them success because guess what girls actually like fucking assholes. Lets not argue about that because it has been proven, i’ve seen it alot in my personal life. Even the “good ones” they will all leave for a drug drealer because of the thrill. Women aren’t good at choosing partners. And when you ask them they will say its otherwise but the truth is just opposite. 

Also about the marriage part. I’ve seen married wives cheat on their men with low consciousness men. I think its ok to marry a girl or have a long lasting relationship but you still need to have that abundance and low tolerance for bullshit coming from her. Be always willing to drop her and replace her if needed and if she knows that you’ll have a happier marriage/relationship.

6 hours ago, Value said:

You personally pay no time worrying about infidelity, right? Is it because you accept that she might do minor cheating at some point or like how does that work in your case?

I expect her to fall in love with me so deeply that she wouldn't want to cheat. And the reason I expect that is because I have a lot of love to give her. She's not going to find a higher love than mine. And what she wants is love, not dick.

Of course I would also select a high quality and relatively conscious girl. If you are selecting low quality, low consciousness girls then you will have more to worry about.

On 12/28/2021 at 7:54 PM, Scholar said:

Pick-up lingo is the most cringe thing ever.

@Scholar foreal lol

I've changed my mind a low with Owen but I actually really like him. 

His analysis on social dynamics (not just dating), how he explains validation & neediness ect.. I find very useful.

He's definitely good for making friends, building charisma & understanding relationships. 

So I'm not sure why people are calling him shallow here? @Leo Gura 

I'd say him & Julian do have a pretty strong purpose & they're helping people, probably prevented many suicides. 

I find his spiritual element is decent too, he emphasises a good practical sense of spirituality, just being grounded & in the moment & he relates this to social dynamics too. 

Anyone who emphasises mediation I instantly admire them more than otherwise, & I like this element of James marshal too.

Again it's about finding the good & leaving the mediocre, I wouldn't get coaching from James marshall I wouldn't pay thousands for his courses, I don't think his game is that exceptional, but his messages on lifestyle & building social currency is something else, & it's because of him that I actually considered Meditating, he persuaded me of the pracital imperative of meditation.

So I respect James for that aspect but again he isn't my no.1 idol I don't even watch his pickup that much, but if he ever makes a video on lifestyle, meditation or social currency again I will jump to watch it. 

owen is one of the few high status PUAs/coaches who emphasise this spirttual element rather than espousing hypermasculinity shit, he also doesn't drink & he doesn't judge other people that much.

... Given the way most people are in society you guys have pretty harsh standards, I'd say he's pretty in advanced. 

Yes I agree fuck listening to his general views on life, his general views are very sloppy & not founded on decades of experience or study, but his take on social dynamics certainly are, he is also very charismatic & authentic imo, some people would obviously find him annoying but I respect his persona, I find bland restricted people who hold back & try to fit in annoying, they're always the ones who judge others for being themselves too .. you don't meet many clones of him day to day. 

Edited by Striving for more

On 9.1.2022 at 7:18 PM, wma said:

@Scholar foreal lol

just because you can't get lays during your cold approach day game pick ups.

jk