Norbert Somogyi

Constant anxiety (gut feeling)

11 posts in this topic

Hey folks!

The thing is, as the title suggests I am having this anxiety in my gut constantly. Sometimes it's stronger (especially when I do something difficult that adds anxiety on top of the standard) and sometimes it's weaker. In the past I used to be able to figure the source out and dealing with it made it subside for the most part.

However when you don't know, how do you find the root cause or deal with it in a way it dissipates completely? I miss having a completely calm gut, it's slowly becoming one of life's cherished moments.

what exactly is the difficult things that spike your anxiety?

and also, what did you figure out in the past that you thought was the origin of it?

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

6 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

what exactly is the difficult things that spike your anxiety?

and also, what did you figure out in the past that you thought was the origin of it?

1. Basically anything that pushes me out of my comfort-zone.  Be it taking a step in the right direction, socializing especially with strangers.

2. My previous relationship involved a constant sense of gut feeling, but other than that relatively big decisions I have been putting on hold for long. I tend to sweep things under the rug, so to speak.

i think that you're trying to find the source of your anxiety and remove it so you can not deal with going out of your comfort zone. that will never work i'm afraid - would recommend letting go: pathway of surrender so you can develop the right understanding first in terms of how to deal with intense feeling. 

you're too attached to anxiety now because of your past actions with avoiding it, it builds up and feels like a demon to handle. the only way out is to fully embrace it, surrender to it and take right action despite it. you will see it dissolve if you can fully accept and allow yourself to feel it, there is no other option 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Does eating food made it feel better, if even temporarily? What about music? Are you often in very stressful situations?

I have had experiences of anxiety/depression that lingers after extremely stressful experiences, wondering if it's related. I think it could be related to cortisol, eating a simple carb like bread made it dissipate for me.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

11 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

i think that you're trying to find the source of your anxiety and remove it so you can not deal with going out of your comfort zone. that will never work i'm afraid - would recommend letting go: pathway of surrender so you can develop the right understanding first in terms of how to deal with intense feeling. 

you're too attached to anxiety now because of your past actions with avoiding it, it builds up and feels like a demon to handle. the only way out is to fully embrace it, surrender to it and take right action despite it. you will see it dissolve if you can fully accept and allow yourself to feel it, there is no other option 

Hmm, interesting perspective. Never thought about it this way. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to find the root of the anxiety and deal with it. I am not doing it in order to be able to avoid going out of my comfort zone (I started to love doing it recently. Naturally it gives me a certain level of anxiety, however when there is a baseline anxiety which is often as if not stronger then the process becomes substantially more difficult. To the point other people have noticed me feeling and looking down.) Whenever I tried to embrace it all I have got to is pain upon pain. I couldn't dig through that.

The second part of your comment resonates with me though as I've been trying to do the right action despite it being emotionally turbulent often and it made the anxiety's grip weaken over me. One step at a time. Daily meditation practice has been helpful as well. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

Does eating food made it feel better, if even temporarily? What about music? Are you often in very stressful situations?

I have had experiences of anxiety/depression that lingers after extremely stressful experiences, wondering if it's related. I think it could be related to cortisol, eating a simple carb like bread made it dissipate for me.

Anything I can focus on instead of the anxiety (that doesn't add further anxiety) makes it temporarily better, but it never goes away entirely. I don't see myself often being in directly stressful situations, it's just that the current circumstances and environment I am living in is mentally exhausting altogether. It doesn't add almost anything positive to me, thus I'm looking to change it (and perhaps that will weaken it or even dissipate it completely).

I'm trying meditation. Lets see if it works. Recently been experiencing a lot of anxiety. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 24/12/2021 at 11:54 PM, catcat69123 said:

think that you're trying to find the source of your anxiety and remove it so you can not deal with going out of your comfort zone. that will never work i'm afraid -

Not agree, there is a source of anxiety. It is the dissonance that your mind creates when you perceive a lack of love, (which can be criticism, violence, contempt from your parents, from your friends etc.) your mind does this: there is an unbearable lack of love, so I am not correct in essence, as a being . there is a should be that is correct. I abandon what I am and try to be that it should be. This is impossible, you are what you are and the should be is a ghost. But you try to get away from what you are and achieve what it should be. you become a dissonance. pure anxiety. That should be marked with fire, it takes you away from your center like a magnet. has you in no man's land, land of anxiety. You have to see this clearly, and little by little the magnet should be losing its strength. If you don't, your life will be a misery, always. to understand this is to understand yourself. meditation, psychedelics, terapy. the times, the time it takes. nothing is that important.

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 12/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, Norbert Somogyi said:

Hey folks!

The thing is, as the title suggests I am having this anxiety in my gut constantly. Sometimes it's stronger (especially when I do something difficult that adds anxiety on top of the standard) and sometimes it's weaker. In the past I used to be able to figure the source out and dealing with it made it subside for the most part.

However when you don't know, how do you find the root cause or deal with it in a way it dissipates completely? I miss having a completely calm gut, it's slowly becoming one of life's cherished moments.

Read and apply the ultramind solution 

On 24/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, Norbert Somogyi said:

However when you don't know, how do you find the root cause or deal with it in a way it dissipates completely?

I think finding out why it's there is the only way. The cause might be more hidden, more unconscious, more "prior", earlier in life...? There are great breath-work techniques, visualisations, therapy... Have you tried any of those yet? What has helped you in the past?

Do you remember (or have a sense of) when you felt anxiety in your gut the first time...?