Leo Gura

Gathering Questions For Life Purpose Faq

98 posts in this topic

You said at some point there is only one thing to master at a time.

Can't we focus both in our external life purpose to master and our inner life purpose of enlightenment at the same time?

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

How to identify if what you are doing is just a emotionally difficult thing in the right purpose or the wrong purpose?

This is not a question, it's feedback about the course:

In the values assessment segment, it goes like this: (1) Most meaningful things in life, (2) Tabula Rasa, (3) Master values list, (4) Toxic values, (5) Values definitions, etc. In my experience, (5) should be before (3) and (4), so the order should be (1), (2), (5), (3), (4). Why? Firstly, because the master values list didn't help me at all. They were just abstract labels and I know that I need to clarify what the words mean to me, but like I said, they can mean many different things at the same time e.g. Beauty can be associated with: pictures, sounds, physical appearance, a way of life, etc. Secondly, it didn't really give me a feeling of comprehensiveness, on the contrary, it closed me off, it cut me off from many possible values I could have (like you said, the full list would be the size of a book). It would be better if you could organically create your values in passes 1 and 2 (maybe one could even do them multiple times), and then create a single sentence definition to the generated values. Then one can finally create appropriate labels for those definitions. Just as an example, my list contains about 5 or 6 values that I couldn't find on the list. I hope this was valuable feedback. :)

Hello Leo,

How do you know if you really want something. How do you know if you are actually passionate about something? 

For example:

I have many goals, but I am unsure about a lot of them. For example, I want to join the SFU varsity swimming team, I am also really good at swimming, but I need to train hard in order to join. Furthermore, with every stroke, I feel tired and I want to give up. Am I just mentally weak, or am I actually not passionate about swimming. In which case I would do something else with my life.

Jordan wang

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1w32b0EuoBkLobBkqX65xw?view_as=subscriber

How can you continue refining and discovering your values more and more. Is there anything specific we need to know down the road (concerning this issue)?

P.S. I feel like values are far more important than LP. For me I find that almost any LP is meaningful to me when it is aligned with my values. Do you agree?

Edited by PetarKa

How can different people from different age groups get the most out of the life purpose course? Suppose a 16 year old buys the course and is really serious about his life purpose and career then how is the course going to affect him compared to an older person who has gone to college and is doing a job? Thanks for the reply Leo.:D

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Hi Leo, as I advance I´m getting more doubts. I think it´s a good sinal. I already and finally completed the 3 moths of all habits without missing a day and the difference in my life is huge! It seems that the world is openning and give show me how to live my life purpose, incredible. Anyways, I´m not doing visualization as you propose on your vídeos, because my mind has a lot of difficulty to visualize and to stay in one scenario. When I visualize I´m in myself, I´m just kinda observing things around me with little details and I quicly move from one scenario to another. I have a lot of difficulties in staying at one scenario. It´s a wrong way to do that, right? I'm starting to pratice my visualization following this steps : https://litemind.com/how-to-develop-visualization-skill/ . What do you think ?  Sorry by getting it too personally. The general question is about if it´s necessary to visualize in full detail and just in one scenario.

Thak you

One more question. Should we continue the execution of daily habits in periods of vacation? That's because you suggested to take some days off but at the same time we can't miss the mind programming. 

• Is it OK if we have 6 strengths (knowing that all 6 are very authentic, or are 6 too many?
  • Are 4 signature strengths too many? I have 4 and am kind of mind blown by this.

Are these good questions to ask or am I just being too nit-picky?

On ‎02‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 5:06 AM, Jordan wang said:

with every stroke, I feel tired and I want to give up. Am I just mentally weak, or am I actually not passionate about swimming. In which case I would do something else with my life.

Had a kind of similar question. In the exercise where we're supposed to find "things you can do for a long time without getting tired or bored" I struggled finding any answers at all. Maybe I do get more tired than most people. But it's pronounced at work/school - while I do care about my subjects, I get tired studying really really quickly. Does that mean I should be looking for something else? 

I try to base my decision mostly on other reasons, but it may be a FAQ question.

@Achilles @Achilles

I think I am going to take some days off because of a trip with my family. But I will continue the habbits immediatly after. 

(Btw I'm portuguese too :))

@Maria Nunes olá:D! Really?  Lisbon?? Did you already finished the course?  

Edited by Achilles

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they criticize you. Then they fight you. Then they follow you." 

-Mahatma Gandhi

@Leo Gura Then you become immortal. ;)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Leo Gura LOL! Good one! You are hilarious. That's why there's a saying:

2017-08-12 21.45.51.jpg

In other words, be tactful in the info you present in your life purpose. Nuanced info such as enlightenment and deep wisdom are better to be presented in such a way that those who are ready to hear it will hear it. Those who are not will just ignore it and come back to it later because you planted a seed in their minds that will remain dormant until they cultivate it with self-inquiry, research, and action.

(Note: Gandhi couldn't have said the final sentence like that since he was assissnated. O.o)

@Key Elements

a86c629c72eaf9f4dccacf597fde4141.jpg

When one of us becomes new Jesus: Wow, I can't believe I gave Leo $250 for this. Maybe I shoulda just kept muchin my cheetos. 

@Key Elements It was just a joke, lol.

Since you quoted Gandhi and then Leo mentioned getting killed, I was posing a hypothetical situation in which one of us takes consciousness work and life purpose to the extreme, becomes the next Jesus, dies, and then I tongue-in-cheekily juxtaposed it with the line: "

When one of us becomes new Jesus: Wow, I can't believe I gave Leo $250 for this. Maybe I shoulda just kept muchin my cheetos. "

I wasn't ridiculing you or anything.