Jacobsrw

Severe Digestion Issues, IBS and Sleep Issues

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Im reaching out in a desperate need for helpful recommendations. I’ve been hesitant making a post of this kind, however, I see no other resort. Presently, and for the past 7 or so years I’ve been dealing with severe stomach issues, deemed as IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), although I am not fully convinced. This involves extreme spasms often after consuming food, with cramping, bloating, constipation etc. During this time it’s caused me great unrest and led to other issues such as significant weight loss (75kg-60kg), severe pain, low energy and extremely poor sleep. 

I’ve undergone numerous tests. Stool tests, blood tests, urine test, breath tests, colonoscopy/endoscopy/gastroscopy, CT scan, ultra sound and probably others I’m forgetting. Most of these have been done more than once with no clear evidence of concern being apparent. The worst was some stomach ulceration, a polyp, and H. Pylori (a common stomach infection that has been eradicated).

I’ve been trying to remedy this with a variety of methods to no avail. I’ve tried traditional medicine (which I’m not an advocate), naturopathy and alternative healing such as massage, acupuncture and yoga. I’ve tested many supplements and dietary changes. Diets such as Low FODMAP, vegan, vegetarian, intermittent fasting and many others I cannot remember.

I eat fairly healthy. All meals are cooked at home and I mostly eat organic, which I have been for some years now. Here is a list of some of the supplements I’ve tried with little success. Some have been left out as I cannot recall all of them.

• Nexium - Stomach acid reuptake blockers
  • Marshmallow root
  • Liquorice root 
  • Zinc carnosine
  • L-Glutamine
  • Gelatine (raw beef stock)
  • Slippery elm powder
  • Glutagenics
  • Motion potion
  • Aloe Vera (juice and leaf)
  • 4 x Herbal tonics (naturopathic)
  • STW-5 (iberogast)
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Cabbage juice
  • Peppermint tea, liquorice tea, chamomile, green tea, cardamom tea and chai tea
  • Turmeric
  • IBS solution (supplement)
  • CBD oil

The CBD oil I have just started recently testing which I have seen no improvements with as of yet. It’s been about a week.

I’m now lost. The pain is quite unbearable at times, I cannot sleep or function as I’d like to throughout the day. I’m in need of a miracle it seems. I’ve also scowered the internet, pretty much having tried most suggestions.

Apart from this detrimental health issue my life is great. I’m working on business projects, currently writing a second book, working on my art, studying a masters of counselling in 2022, starting new work as a counsellor next year, getting out and meeting people for a change and financially investing/saving.

My question is what should I now try for this health issue? My intuition tells me there has to be something out there that will help, if not at the very least decrease symptoms. 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sorry to hear about that. 

Actually cabbage juice and apple cider vinegar will worsen the situation. 

Cut it out. 

Also take sufficient breaks before and during the meal. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If its really bad you might want to consider an elemental diet. These are used to treat people with SIBO, but also for people who are unable to digest food properly in medical emergencies.

A carnivore diet also works as an elimination diet, but can't be done long term.

Thank god we have a gastrointestinal expert on the forum @undeather I'm sure he will drop a few bombs once he sees this thread. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

19 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sorry to hear about that. 

Actually cabbage juice and apple cider vinegar will worsen the situation. 

Cut it out. 

Also take sufficient breaks before and during the meal. 

Thank you. Yeah usually long extended breaks between eating helps a lot.

15 hours ago, MuadDib said:

If its really bad you might want to consider an elemental diet. These are used to treat people with SIBO, but also for people who are unable to digest food properly in medical emergencies.

A carnivore diet also works as an elimination diet, but can't be done long term.

Oh interesting hadn’t heard of that before. Thanks man I looked into it early, looks like it’s worth a shot. Yeah I don’t apparently have SIBO according to all the tests I’ve previously had. Though I’m open to trying anything at this point. Meat actually usually makes my stomach worse, so I do best my best to steer away from it most of the time. Chicken and fish are okay but red meats a no go.

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Thank god we have a gastrointestinal expert on the forum @undeather I'm sure he will drop a few bombs once he sees this thread. 

Oh sweet! I might message them.

8 hours ago, Medhansh said:

I am no doctor, but alternative medicine is generally much much better than allopathy when dealing with chronic stomach diseases. Or any chronic disease for that matter.

Yeah I agree. I’ve seen more positive results from natural remedies than any other.

@Jacobsrw Imo this isn't a health issue in the conventional sense. You are analyzing the problem from the wrong perspective. 

I have/had similar issues with my stomach for most of my life. 

My advice would be find a life coach/therapist that can help you understand your childhood trauma and where in life these issues began. You have to understand where this started, and what happened to you that caused your body to tense up like this in the first place.

You can pm me if you think I'm on to something I can go into more detail

20 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

My question is what should I now try for this health issue? My intuition tells me there has to be something out there that will help, if not at the very least decrease symptoms. 

Ayurveda 

Those you do not forgive you fear.