Leo Gura

List Of Enlightenment Exercises

171 posts in this topic

Kung Fu

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 3/7/2017 at 6:17 AM, PureExp said:

James Swartz

Great and fairly detailed introduction to Vedanta. Swartz is a brilliant teacher. That's in 16 parts totaling 16 hours, but it saves 16 years of your life.

@PureExp

Thank you.

Simply try to find what isn't happening by itself. Find what is not simply given to and from the void. Failure is success.

What seems to be happening is all that's wanted, but it's not you who wants it -- you can't want it -- you aren't there -- how could you want what's already happening, anyway? ;)

There is only pure, authentic innocence.

Edited by The0Self

Recognizing there’s no me does not cause me to fall away, because me is the one who recognizes, therefore me stays in play, apparently. Any attempt to see through the me is an illusory confirmation that there is a me to see through.

The longing for something around the corner is always the longing for already exactly whatever appears to be happening.

Edited by The0Self

1. Ask your self “am I actually ‘something’?” Then... Notice that you aren’t actually hearing this, even though it very likely will seem that you are. And of course no one notices that — because there isn’t anyone.

2. Or pray to God and see how you’re unable to see that there’s God praying to itself via an imaginary human, even though you are that.

It’s hard to accept (not even possible for self) that things don’t matter. Hard... Raw. You aren’t alone in going through that (story).

There being no more battles can take some getting used to. No need to rush into that.

Edited by The0Self

I agree there are many levels of Enlightenment. But why trying upside down?
Anyway, if even @Leo Gura can not get it from this perspective, then better I do not comment further. 
I do not want you all thinking I am arrogant by sharing things outside of the Leo`s perspective. It is offensive.
I sencierly wish success to all!

Complete enlightenment guide:

Objects = ->

I = }

Attention = red/big ; Ignoring = green/small

Normal: ->}

Inquiring: ->}

Let every -> simply remind you of }, and turn away from all -> in favor of } at all times. The only significance of any -> is that it occurs to }. Do this with constant effort until the effort is taken from you like a thief in the night.

Wherever you aren’t doing this = your attachments; the things that you care about more than truth.

Or merely surrender the idea that there is an individual separate self who is doing action or inaction. Surrendering it to something such as God or a purpose can help. You can theoretically do that all in one stroke... but more likely, a little bit at a time.

That’s inquiry and surrender. And ultimately they’re the same process from two different perspectives, so it may be best to try both — one may resonate with one character more than the other. You attempt to do either one at all times while awake, which is impossible at first, but the culmination of the process is synonymous with it automatically happening at absolutely all times, because it’s recognized that it was always already the case.

The third way:

First, simply develop the art of finding out what you authentically desire, and either 1. coax that desire toward the desire for truth alone, or 2. recognize that you want something other than enlightenment and stop wasting your time (perfectly valid). You always get what you authentically desire, in the end. Then, once you desire truth above all else, this marks the beginning of the awakening process, and you will be just equipped enough for the daunting task of figuring out what you know for sure, until nothing is left but truth. You must desire truth above all else for this because without that desire, the unknowing; unlearning; giving-up of the ideas about your self; life; others; teachers; etc that you cling to will simply be too painful to go through with. If you’re seeing an other anywhere — i.e. seeing two — then there’s still further.

Edited by The0Self

On 02/06/2021 at 7:16 PM, The0Self said:

Simply try to find what isn't happening by itself. Find what is not simply given to and from the void. Failure is success.

What seems to be happening is all that's wanted, but it's not you who wants it -- you can't want it -- you aren't there -- how could you want what's already happening, anyway? ;)

There is only pure, authentic innocence.

Ego is going into the test and doing guesswork, failure is bringing the cheat sheet.

On 13/01/2022 at 8:22 PM, The0Self said:

Normal: ->}

Inquiring: ->}

Thank you for making this, @The0Self. I'll be back here again <3.

I can't believe I forgot about these excercises. I will get to work and make sure I focus on them without interruptions. 

@Leo GuraHow do I know how long I should work on each excercise? I also don't understand why there cannot be a perceiver if that is what awareness does.