itachi uchiha

What are your thoughts on sufism

13 posts in this topic

Does sufism have things like nirvikalpaka samadhi,kundalini,samadhi etc.how efficient is sufism.is it as efficient as kriya yoga

If you find a really awakened Sufi master, and they are very very very very very rare, unfortunately, then yes, sufism has the representations of all those ideas in itself, but again, as I said, it is not easy at all to find a really awakened Sufi master, most of them are religiously opinionated. 

The second stage of fana follows this nirvana state and the "I am God" state is experienced consciously.

However, it is only in some cases that the first stage of _fana_ is immediately followed by the second stage of fana called "fana-fillah" where the annihilated false and limited ego or "I" is replaced by the real and infinite, unlimited "I" on which the super-consciousness now becomes automatically focused. Simultaneously the absolute vacuum is automatically filled by the experience of the Infinite.

The super-consciousness of God in the man state, as man, now fixed and focused on the unlimited "I," spontaneously identifies man with God the Infinite. Simultaneously with the identification, the super-consciousness of God the Infinite experiences the "I am God" state. This is the Goal.

Attainment of the Goal is to attain the nirvikalpa samadhi....*

When the first stage of fana is immediately followed by the second stage of fana-fillah, in some cases the consciousness of the limited "I," "self," mind, energy, body and the worlds does not come back; but the consciousness, now as super-consciousness, of the unlimited "I" "self," mind, energy, body and the worlds does not come back; but the consciousness now experiences the "I am God," "Aham Brahmasmi" or "Anal Haqq" state.

This is the experience of nirvikalpa samadhi, meaning thereby "Undoubtedly I am God." This is experienced because in fana-fillah the atma [soul] consciously merges completely in "Paramatma" [Oversoul], or in fana-fillah the soul achieves complete union with the Over-Soul.

@omar30

Damn this is lot of information.thankyou

Where do u get this info from.is it from a book.do u get initiated by a sheikh

Isintit shirk to think i am god in sufism

Most Sufis believe that Creator and creation are separate. That is they are Muslims and would view the "I am God" approach as the worst kind of Shirk.

A few like Al-Hallaj and Ibn Arabi (Wa7dat l-wujud) apparently went down that road and would then be rightly viewed as heretics.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

On 22.12.2021 at 7:06 PM, Tyler Durden said:

Rumi was a very deep thinker, had many powerful insights.

Rumi was everything but a thinker. xD

"Oh brother, you are nothing but your thoughts.

If your thought is a rose, you are a rose garden.

If your thought is a thorn, you are fuel for the fire."

Edited by EmptyVase

6 hours ago, mp22 said:

Most Sufis believe that Creator and creation are separate. That is they are Muslims and would view the "I am God" approach as the worst kind of Shirk

You have to ask a muslim these three questions:

Do you exist? Is allah all-being? Are you allah? 

If the answers to those questions are yes, yes and no, then the logic is off. But they wouldn't really understand cause their worldview hinges on the fact that they avoid logic

The funny thing is, saying "I am Allah" isn't blasphemy. Denying that you are allah on the other hand is the actual blasphemy. Because you are indirectly saying that allah isn't all-being and therefore in contradiction with the quran. Literally on almost every page it says "allah is all-being" 

Edited by Jakuchu

@itachi uchiha

On 12/22/2021 at 4:44 PM, itachi uchiha said:

Does sufism have things like nirvikalpaka samadhi,kundalini,samadhi etc.how efficient is sufism.is it as efficient as kriya yoga

My thoughts on sufism, is to do it on an empty stomach and surround yourself in soft things. Those spinning dances if done right, you'll be falling over in ecstasy and bliss. However spinning to enlightenment isn't my preferred path.  

20 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

You have to ask a muslim these three questions:

Do you exist? Is allah all-being? Are you allah? 

If the answers to those questions are yes, yes and no, then the logic is off. But they wouldn't really understand cause their worldview hinges on the fact that they avoid logic

The funny thing is, saying "I am Allah" isn't blasphemy. Denying that you are allah on the other hand is the actual blasphemy. Because you are indirectly saying that allah isn't all-being and therefore in contradiction with the quran. Literally on almost every page it says "allah is all-being" 

Nope creation and creator are separate and NOTHING is like Him.  Unfortunately humans have a tendency to go off into mental masturbation (an expression I picked up here) until they come to ridiculous conclusions and are led astray.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)