flowboy

PsychedSubstance going through rough times, childhood trauma

78 posts in this topic

I feel so bad for what this man must be going through.

One positive, that I'm stoked about, is that he's finally looking inward for the source of his addiction, towards childhood trauma and unwiring that.

For too long he, and his followers (me too) believed that psychedelics alone could solve addiction.

I have yet to see a person with addictions that had a perfect childhood. The link is indebatable at this point.

I think it's so brave that he's not hiding this from his followers, but actually documenting his journey.

Not afraid to admit he's been wrong.

And helping to spread the message: you can heal yourself, if you're willing to look into your past.

I pray that his therapist(s!) are the right kind. The kind that allow him to feel and process, not just talk. Just talk therapy doesn't go deep enough for this.

And for the people who recognize themselves in this: I wish my father had done this.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Classic burning through karma.

Best of luck to him.

If you're doing psychedelics be careful not to slide into stimulants, opioids, and other narcotics. All of that will be anti this work. This is where this dude went wrong. He's blurring that sharp line with stuff like kratom, nitrous, testosterone, etc. and sliding into serious drug use. Doing psychedelics is not a license to do alcohol or other shit like that. Which is why I am even anti weed. Be clear about what is a psychedelic and what isn't. Weed, MDMA, kratom, nitrous, ketamine -- these are not proper psychedelics and they will ruin your life if you get hooked on them.

It's crucial that you are able to be happy sober. Don't use drugs to boost your mood. Psychedelics are NOT for boosting your mood, they are for insight. Observe this important distinction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's crucial that you are able to be happy sober.

So well put.

Edited by flowboy

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

One positive, that I'm stoked about, is that he's finally looking inward

That was the purpose of his family leaving him. It didn’t happen ‘by accident’. It was engineered by the soul so that he can evolve himself. That is the purpose of life.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

That was the purpose of his family leaving him. It didn’t happen ‘by accident’. It was engineered by the soul so that he can evolve himself. That is the purpose of life.

Couldn't agree more, although that perspective can seem a bit insensitive to his current suffering.

3 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Couldn't agree more, although that perspective can seem a bit insensitive to his current suffering.

Even the hardest of suffering, even if you're tortured, being nailed at a cross, is self-creation.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

4 minutes ago, flowboy said:

That suffering is the only reason why he’s looking inward. In the comfort he was always in, he had no reason to self-reflect.

This is the tragedy of man. People do more to avoid pain than they do to seek pleasure. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's crucial that you are able to be happy sober. Don't use drugs to boost your mood. Psychedelics are NOT for boosting your mood, they are for insight. Observe this important distinction.

Crucial…

seems psyched substance has a long history or drug abuse. He also seems to have mental health stuff obviously.

good luck to him. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Best of luck to Adam. I feel bad for him and his family. But, hopefully this is the kick in the ass he needed to help pull out the real root of his problems within his childhood trauma.

49 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

seems psyched substance has a long history or drug abuse.

Yup, that was obvious from when he first started his channel.

Many heavy psychedelic users are just fundamentally addicts with a lot of trauma and fucked up lifestyles. This is what turns me off from typical psychedelic sub-culture and online discussions. These people are seriously dysfunctional and it gives psychedelics a bad rep.

It's analogous to the pickup community: lots of toxic behavior that gives the whole thing a horrible rep.

We need public examples of high-functioning psychedelic users who are not addicts or nutcases. Like Joe Rogan.

@Leo Gura Okay. 

Clarifying you think of Joe Rogan as a good example?

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Clarifying you think of Joe Rogan as a good example?

He has some silly political positions, but he's a good role-model for psychedelics because he's level-headed, grounded, practical, successful, relatable, and not too woo.

@Leo Gura  His "silly political positions" are stage Yellow? That's how you typed him in the past?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

silly political positions

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He has some silly political positions, but he's a good role-model for psychedelics because he's level-headed, grounded, practical, successful, relatable, and not too woo.

I understand. 

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Many heavy psychedelic users are just fundamentally addicts with a lot of trauma and fucked up lifestyles.

@Leo Gura Shouldn't psychedelics help fix these problems?

@spiritual memes give a Hammer to a fool and he’ll only smash his thumb.

like any tool we must be taught how to use it

one can always improve, clean up and take more responsibility in their use. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@spiritual memes Psychedelics can give insight in what is to be healed. They can give a preview of what life could be like, without trauma or conditioning. They can point in the right direction.

And they can put someone in a state where the healing becomes easier: the blocked-off memories are accessible, the feelings are more accessible, there is free association and heightened intuition.

But the person still has to have the intention of going deep. The drug can't do the work for you.

That's why it's called psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy, as opposed to "tripping".

Usually there needs to be guidance, especially if the person doesn't want to go to these places, or does not have a strong intuition to navigate them himself.

Then the psychedelic is actually optional. It makes everything more accessible, but is not necessary.

I think another part of the problem is that psychedelics can bring to the surface certain problems that you hid away deep inside yourself.

They key would be to focus on those things and fix up your life. But for some it might be too much to handle and then drugs offer temporary relief.

I only ever microdosed on LSD and experimented with edible weed. And in a sense I'm still working through my first, mild LSD trip. Had to do some painful work on myself and work towards some specific goals for about a year. I think an incremental approach to psychedelics might be best for most.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

23 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

@Leo Gura Shouldn't psychedelics help fix these problems?

Not automatically because addicts have deep psychological issues that require serious inner work. And they tend to use psychedelics recreationally or as an escape from doing the work.

Which is exactly the case with Adam here.

It’s super important we cultivate a mature, 'spirituality professional’ culture around this. 

I suspect many people coming into this work will make this mistake early on and we want to create information for them to limit and avoid abusing and misusing these tools.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"