Jared

Using Psychedelics For Self Actualization

49 posts in this topic

1. Have you done your homework on LSD?

2.Can you 100% trust the people who sit you during the trip? Have you made shure they are reasonable and sensitive and "vibe" with you. Absolutely avoid!! abusive/Inexperienced sitter who makes fun of you/ lock you in when they think you act too weird etc... (YES! Those people exist and they might turn a nice expierence into a resulting psychosis for you, so don´t joke around with that.)

3. Are you shure there are no cases of mental illness in your family? no 2nd grade paranoia uncle? or a grandmother who was said to hear voices when she was young.... 

4. Are you in a stable state, grounded in life, generally consider yourself to be happy and trustful towards life?

...If you can answer all 4 questions with a "YES SIR!", you at least made it as safe as it could be to try LSD...the final decision is very personal and can´t be answered by anyone but yourself.

Also if you answer the question "Do you wanna try LSD because you hope the expirience will solve some of your problems" with yes, then i would recommend to not! do it and instead work on your problems classic/oldscool way. LSD or any entheogen/psychedelic substance is NOT a Shortcut to a perfect life without problems. I know obvi right? Just sayin..

5 grams  of psylocybin mushroom in silent darkness. I challenge you @Leo Gura :)

Edited by Fishy

On 2/16/2016 at 5:45 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

Because of the paradoxical nature of truth and wisdom, it means that wisdom isn't a fixed state. A wise action one minute can be a foolish action the next. So, wisdom is a constantly changing state of being and not any particular insight

Wow never crossed my mind! You bring so much wisdom too this forum, so much good in your posts. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

Wow never crossed my mind! You bring so much wisdom too this forum, so much good in your posts. Thank you!

Thank you! :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Hippies have highly overrated the positive effects from psychedelics for decades now.  You can get to pretty profound states of consciousness, certainly.  SWIM has had a plenty years back.  But, aside from maybe a little inspiration and motivation to understand the true nature of reality it will not solve any of your neurosis, at least in my experience.  In fact, it can actually temporarily worsen them.  Just meditate, for real.  Psychedelics bring you to a state of high awareness, but add a bunch of fire works in the form of experience and visuals.  They are way overrated in terms of people claiming positive effects. 

With that said...

psychedelics and enlightenment should not be in the same discussion together,  In my lifetime i have studied from many masters and sages, and not one of them promote the use of drugs for enlightenment.   Altering your state of consciousness is not the way to attain self realization, first of all how do you know where what you are experiencing is really coming from and why, can can you really trust what you are experiencing being you are not in a clear state state of consciousness but rather an altered one.   Anyone attaining self realization will do it without drugs and will want to remain in a state of clarity.  The use of drugs is like dreams, too many people put too much stock in their dreams and have no idea where what they dreamed really came from and why they dreamed it.  The human identity dreams because it is the dream and often it needs drugs to cope with the dream.  This line of thinking won't  popular with those who like to use psychedelics and most human identities, many of which needs some kind of drug to cope with what they have created unconsciously.

@charlie2dogs People who haven't used these drugs shouldn't talk about them.  Because trust me friend, you have no idea what you are speaking about.  Go have a profound DMT experience and then get back to me. 

Edited by Heart of Space

I have no desire to advocate for, or against use...I have a few insights to share with an open mind:

Ayahuasca has had amazing results in trauma therapy and addiction recovery.... so have many other similar substances.... that said, there are many cases where there is harm rather than benefit. Therefore, I feel this is very individualized, each person/ situation is unique.

I knew a woman in the 90's that was studying the effects of LSD on the human brain as her "big project" in university. From what she shared with me; basically, you are never exactly the same person, even if you only do it once. It restructures chromosomes in the brain (like taking apart a tinker toy and putting it back together, a bit differently. The more LSD you do, the more your brain actually changes. Again, with an open mind, this may create true awakenings for some, and be quite destructive for others, especially if abused.

I suggest readying some the the Timothy Leary papers... very enlightening.

@MarcusJ Can you recommend some interesting ones? 

Edited by Wouter