Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Axiomatic

White women feminism is honestly bullshit for the most part.

13 posts in this topic

For one, white women try to divorce themselves from their white privilege in attempt to be apart of the club. But they are clearly way more self entitled and shitty than people who face real oppression. And the shittiest part is that their voices are heard more often than other oppressed groups.

On top of that, they use this idea of oppression (which is really just insecurity) as a reason to be shitty to other people.

A prime example is my roommate situation. I roomed with two white women. A few months ago, I got really sick and had to get a serious surgery for my gallbladder. On top of that I was carrying my corpse through finals. And during that week I let the dishes go (it was honestly hard to tell which were mine because my other roommates didn't do their dishes either). But instead of understanding my situation and even trying to discuss and communicate the issue, they waited until I went out of town for the surgery and tried to tear me apart through text. Calling me a self entitled man expecting them to clean everything. They tried to make me feel like a straight up piece of shit.

Fast forward a few months. One of these roommates had their alcoholic mom stay over for a fucking week, and they TRASHED the kitchen. They just got drunk for days on end and left it a wreck. When I asked her to clean it so I could cook, she just cussed me out and said I'm just as messy (a straight up lie).

Her mom heard and decided to clean up because she knew it was out of hand. And my roommate got angry that "she was submitting to a man telling her to clean" and punched a mirror and threw it out the window. She also left that broken mirror in our driveway for days before cleaning it up.

So in the minds of an 'empowered white woman', if I don't clean up my mess, I am sexist and disrespectful. But if I ask them to clean up their mess, I am also sexist and disrespectful.

White feminism is the biggest bullshit in our current culture. And the saddest part is that it will probably be one of the only 'issues' that will ever be addressed in our modern times.

I pray that one day society will see through their bullshit.

Sorry you had a bad roommate situation. I can't imagine having an illness like that without people around to help and sorry you had to go through that. This does seem like a personal, one off incident though. People use all kinds of concepts, popular or unpopular to avoid feeling their discomfort. 

How many female US Presidents have there been? Heh, maybe the real reason is that we still don't want to have to clean up after men. xD;)

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Like 90% of this thread is you just whining about your shitty roommates. I'm not entirely against the whole notion of white woman feminism being myopic in modern times given all the other issues of discrimination going on but your thread barely examines this in any sort of intelligent way. 

Edited by Lyubov

So it seems you had a bad personal experience with your roommates, and they sound like unreasonable morons. But we gotta be careful not to extrapolate personal experiences with 1-2 people, onto broad groups of people or organizations.

I know it's difficult, but it's important to be tempered emotionally so we don't take any positions that are misinformed or potentially harmful.

hrhrhtewgfegege

its pretty serious if you confuse your living situation with two women with:

„White women feminism“ and then call white women feminism „honestly bullshit for the most part“.

if you have to put your shared housing struggles as a representative for general phenomena and clean your name through a rant about your co habitants online, instead of talking with them or even better: be creative and find better regulations (including communication about dishwashing)!

you are obviously not aware that you in your own description started that fight first being unsociable while the other girl had a hard time, having an alcoholic mom at her space, and that you just recived the payback for being not receptive. you could be thankful for the attempt that they try to teach you empathy.

it‘s preposterous trying to use this as an argument against „white women feminism“. 

i‘d say in general though: premature scapegoating is no bullshit for the most part, all honesty aside.

Edited by mememe

On 12/22/2021 at 3:41 AM, mememe said:

ware that you in your own description started that fight first being unsociable while the other girl had a hard time, having an alcoholic mom at her space, and that you just recived the payback for being not receptive. you could be thankful for the attempt that they try to teach you empathy.

This part is utterly hilarious! They were literally getting drunk together for over a week. I cannot believe you have the audacity to put the blame on me for not wanting that in my home...

@Axiomatic You want more consideration of male issues?

Edited by Ulax
Tag

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback