Someone here

I have tons of questions - what should I do?

48 posts in this topic

I find within myself tons upon tons of metaphysical questions about reality and god and death and stuff from this ilk.. What should I do? Especially that some of them seem unanswerable to me. Should I let go of the need to know or follow through every question until I find satisfying answers. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I have noticed that: When I let go, after just pondering something. It will come back like a boomerang with
Insights and Clarification, in form of Visions, Dreams, Events in the "real" life.
They will always come, but I just need to be open to recieve once I have set them free. And to be able to connect
the dots.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

"What should I do?"

Notice that you are already always doing what you think you 'should do'.   Clearly you thought you should write a post on here about this, so you did. 

The only way to do 'other than you think you should', is to think that's what you should do. 

You are happening, automatically, exactly as you will happen.. and from the perspective of 'the Universe', this is always exactly what 'should be happening'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Try the latter. Sounds more fun. But it might eventually be recognized that the answers are actually distracting from the true answer, which is only ever to be found in the questions themselves. Perfect your questions, and you’ll get the real answers — but you don’t need to go there yet... you can actually focus on the answers for a while at first but just be aware that the answers are not where the truth is to be found.

It may seem that writing notes and “showing your work” is a waste of time and distracts from meditation. Or maybe that meditation is a waste and distracts from working through answers intellectually. Neither are true.

Edited by The0Self

Follow through, and also acknowledge when thought simply will no longer do. 

Questions & answers are thought activity, like balloons. 

Even balloons are resistance for helium. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Someone here You don't need to stop all questioning, if you don't want to.

But if you feel that your questioning has become a burden, you might wanna drop some of it. It is so freeing. Feel into your questioning, into your relation to it.  

Some questions (the ones about God n' stuff) you won't be able to answer with your mind. And you will have to let that go, if you want to further pursue them.

51 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit2 what is the source of questions?

No, not the source of questions as in ALL questions. That would be a bit abstract, which would distract from the direction I'm pointing out.

I meant the source of the questions in a more down-to-earth way, like the reasons why you ask those questions to begin with. Did it occur to you that there might be a driver behind the questions? What is that driver for you? What is the motivation?

For example, why do you want to know the origin of life? Why do you have that desire? What is the value you're looking for out of such inquiries? Imagine you actually got the answers to all your questions, now what? How would you feel? And what would happen next? You know, come up with your own questions on a similar theme. Dig into the desire to know without suppressing it. That way, you will end up fulfilling the desire and in result relinquishing it, while at the same time finding some really fulfilling answers to your questions.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

the only answers that can be obtained appear in the emptiness of the mind and are not articulated according to logic. logic is like a basic calculator trying to solve quantum physics, a silly attempt. the answers to everything are there, but to begin to understand them the mind must be silent

@Someone here

Write every question you have down.

Pretty much every high quality question is answerable.

Allocate time every day to answering your most pressing questions.

It's EXTREMELY REWARDING to have your questions answered.

Contemplation is going to help a lot here:

Here's a list of my contemplation quick reference notes:

For the love of God please don't be mechanical and just go through this list in order

Tap into direct experience! 

Direct experience right now! (Or bring up a memory into direct experience)

- What is it?

- What is its true nature?

- How did it come into being? (what allows it to exist at all?) 

Why did it come into being? 

What are the elements that make it up?

What allows it to exist at all? What are the components that allow it to exist? 

>What does it hinge upon? Is there an assumption that allows it to exist? What if it doesn't exist? How would that work? 

- What is its purpose? What is the purpose of it? 

- What is its substance? 

- What is its significance? (why is it important?) Why do we even care about it? What would we lose if we didn't have it? What does it contribute? Why do I care about it? Why is it important to me?

Is this a dualistic notion that I'm contemplating?

Is there a hidden Metaphysics baked into the question? What assumptions are hidden in the question?

I've noticed that, sometimes, when you get tired, it is a ego defense mechanism of self-deception that is trying to prevent you from getting at the truth. It is a threshold Guardian. 

Good Luck!

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@ZenSwift This Is Pure Gold Right Here.
Thank You So Much For Sharing This! <3

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

30 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

This Is Pure Gold Right Here.
Thank You So Much For Sharing This! <3

@Vincent S :x

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Contemplation is a great way to progress. Even if the answers are wrong, it’s a process of growth to work with the questions in the aim to find answers in my experience 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Dude me too.  One answer gives me like a hundred more questions, it never ends.

Maybe do both, follow some questions until you find an answer and also practice letting them go at other times?

@Someone here I see how passionate you are about actually being certain of what is True.  Of Truth.  I can intuit that.  Well..are you willing to lay down your life for Truth?  How badly do you want to know for sure?  Because the Truth will kill you.   Have you used the tools we talk about here?  In the end omniscience is a state of consciousness..and you are not going to hit such a state of consciousness fiddling around here with us.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Someone here I see how passionate you are about actually being certain of what is True.  Of Truth.  I can intuit that.  Well..are you willing to lay down your life for Truth?  How badly do you want to know for sure?  Because the Truth will kill you.

@Someone here

For example: destroying the teacher is really destroying an inner aspect of your self that you’re seeing as other (or outer). It’s all you. All you ever see is self. If you see an other — anywhere — you’re still seeing two... i.e. untruth. Ask yourself if you really want to go where this truth-seeking leads, or whether you want to stop short once you’ve reached “good/far enough” — not even necessarily on purpose; you’ll just think you’re done. Because you’ll likely want to stop short if you’re not absolutely focused on the truth alone. And there is no self, so the truth is your own death — you will have gained absolutely nothing. You just won’t be a lie. If that even slightly deters you, good — at least you know. If it doesn’t deter you in the least, good. It’s all Good.

Edited by The0Self

@Someone here

The question burns away with the answer. The answer is not what you think, because it cannot be thought, and that's why they seem unanswerable. If I tell you that you are the answer, this will just add another layer of identification. But it's true, you are the only answer. That's why no answer from others will do. In this process of life, you've successfully bamboozled yourself. :)

On 12/20/2021 at 11:00 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

No, not the source of questions as in ALL questions. That would be a bit abstract, which would distract from the direction I'm pointing out.

I meant the source of the questions in a more down-to-earth way, like the reasons why you ask those questions to begin with. Did it occur to you that there might be a driver behind the questions? What is that driver for you? What is the motivation?

For example, why do you want to know the origin of life? Why do you have that desire? What is the value you're looking for out of such inquiries? Imagine you actually got the answers to all your questions, now what? How would you feel? And what would happen next? You know, come up with your own questions on a similar theme. Dig into the desire to know without suppressing it. That way, you will end up fulfilling the desire and in result relinquishing it, while at the same time finding some really fulfilling answers to your questions.

My motivation is fear. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 12/20/2021 at 11:36 AM, Someone here said:

What should I do? 

You may want to start by deeply reflecting on the possibility that finding Truth through asking humans is a futile endeavor, and that it ultimately gives your power away.