Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Paul

Does everyone have their own destiny?

11 posts in this topic

Lately I’ve been watching and reading Ramesh Balsekar’s teachings and work. For those who don’t know of him, he was a student/disciple of Nisargadatta Maharaj and a renowned teacher of nonduality in India while he was alive.

Ramesh’s teachings are very simple to understand but can be difficult to accept. He basically taught that all that exists is the Source/Consciousness/God and that we as human body-mind organisms each have our own unique destiny from the moment of conception. In other words, humans are not the doer, we are simply instruments of the Divine Will. We are each individually programmed to think and act as we do by our environmental conditioning and genetics. 

Obviously this is not a new teaching, as Ramana Maharshi and many other sages throughout history have said similar things. Even the Bhagavad Gita says that man is not the doer.

To me, it seems as though the ego/separate self is founded upon the concept of personal doership. If you get rid of the notion of personal doership, then the ego fades away. This is true from my own experience.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by Michael Paul

My limited experiences have pointed towards humans having destinies, or pre-programmed stories, that can sometimes deviate.

When I do, I experience it as archetypes that move through and influence the human system, through the subconscious via words and stories.  Some archetypes are very small and don't influence much, and some are aeonic in size and "gravity" - such as wetiko; culture and the illusion of fear. 
I feel it as different stories playing out in the "Other" space, like the image below, or like a machine that creates one action after another after another in order to maximize the ability to witness itself in the physical world.  To have influence.

My first awakening was spontaneous and I was not spiritual and I was told this: that people are chosen to wake up before birth, there is a certain process about it that I don't understand, but I know reincarnation, the wheel of life, archetypes play a role.  Some people never wake up, they have to take another ride a few times to get it.

Love is the answer to all of it; destiny, everything.  It is protection, solution, the teaching and destiny.

2084595398_orig.png

When I let go, it feels like another consciousness comes in, and sometimes asks to take the wheel.  Sometimes it is the higher self, or sometimes an archetype that is playing out, or sometimes a being with a message.  When this happens, I can channel it through my artwork or writing.

^  This talks about it.

"We stay off the grid, hide between the lines, to them we are only shadows until we meet eventually."

Edited by Loba

Any attempt to deviate from what is occurring, is just more what is occurring. 

There is one path, and you're always already on it. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

11 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

To me, it seems as though the ego/separate self is founded upon the concept of personal doership. If you get rid of the notion of personal doership, then the ego fades away.

Start with being open to the idea that you may not be the human you think you are .. rather it being just an appearance in your imagination .. along with everything else.

When you deeply contemplate this, pay attention to how you feel .. intense emotions usually signify a strong attachment to ego.

Really dive into the content of Actualized.org to make sense of such questions, it will help you a ton.

Edited by Terell Kirby

No doer does not equate to a person having a destiny. If there is no doer of events and actions existing over time then destiny is a time dependent concept. 

Genetics and conditioning are a concept, a concept even further removed than the appearance or idea of the one who is or isn't doing. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yet to become and already done are not two conflicting separate things. Potential and actual are not two conflicting things. You're so completely done and dead, that you're full of life, you're so full of life, you're pregnant with infinity. There's no better place to be than nowhere. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, Nos7algiK said:

Literally, because there is no other place to be lol.

?‍♂️ xD

BEFORE THE BIG BANG all matter was packed into a SINGLE DOT smaller than the period at the end of this sentence

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

?‍♂️ xD

BEFORE THE BIG BANG all matter was packed into a SINGLE DOT smaller than the period at the end of this sentence

In relation to that period, that's a pretty damn small dot. I guess it truly grew(exploded) into something magical though.

1 minute ago, Nos7algiK said:

In relation to that period, that's a pretty damn small dot. I guess it truly grew(exploded) into something magical though.

"You" committed a crime and now "you" must pay the sentence.

sentence (n.)

c. 1200, "doctrine, authoritative teaching; an authoritative pronouncement," from Old French sentence "judgment, decision; meaning; aphorism, maxim; statement of authority" (12c.) and directly from Latin sententia "thought, way of thinking, opinion; judgment, decision," also "a thought expressed; aphorism, saying," from sentientem, present participle of sentire "be of opinion, feel, perceive" (see sense (n.)). Loss of first -i- in Latin by dissimilation.

From early 14c. as "judgment rendered by God, or by one in authority; a verdict, decision in court;" from late 14c. as "understanding, wisdom; edifying subject matter." From late 14c. as "subject matter or content of a letter, book, speech, etc.," also in reference to a passage in a written work. Sense of "grammatically complete statement" is attested from mid-15c. "Meaning," then "meaning expressed in words." Related: Sentential. https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=sentence

:o

Just now, Nos7algiK said:

@mandyjw Words become surreal when we dive deep into them. But, I have no cash on me so I'll pay my sentence in "presence". I have endless amounts of it right here, right now.

You have no cents?

"from sentientem, present participle of sentire "be of opinion, feel, perceive" (see sense (n.))."

But you have pre-sense, presents? 

Merry Christmas! xD:x

@mandyjw I lost all my cents walking the path years ago. I'd say I miss them, but that would imply I'd have the sense to miss them in the first place.

Merry Christmas to you as well Mandy and to everyone else here. :)